Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Papa John claims to have eaten 40 Papa Johns pizzas in the last 30 days.

Cooked Crack

20 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't like CiCi's at all.  Chain pizza joints, if I'm ranking them it goes:

1.  Pizza Hut - I like their thin crust best and they really stepped up their wing game.  And now they sell and deliver beer.  Pizza, good wings and beer (fries if you want them) delivered to your house.  

2.  Domino's - pizza is pretty good and they offer salads, but their wings absolutely suck.

3.  Papa John's - pizza is ok, wings suck, but I do like the garlic dipping sauce.  

4.  Little Caesars - Haven't had it in 20+ years, I remember it being good when I was a kid, but what pizza wasn't good when you were a kid.  

5.  CiCi's - ate a buffet once about 20 years ago.  It was cheap in price, the quality wasn't there imo.  

Honorable mentions:  I remember God Fathers Pizza being great (again when I was a young kid) but the one we had got closed down and there is only one location about an hour away, not driving that far for pizza.  Uno's was really good, but our location got shut down years ago, but I always liked their pizza.  

That Domino's black box pizza is legit and puts Domino's #1 for me for the chains.  I'm not sure what the real name for it is, but on the few occasions I eat pizza anymore, there's one a half a mile from my place and they will give you a large one for like 8 bucks if you do carryout.  I just call and ask for that black box pizza and go pick it up.

Last time I had one, I rowed a marathon on the rowing machine this past spring, that was my reward.  Finished that pizza in like 15 minutes.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That Domino's black box pizza is legit and puts Domino's #1 for me for the chains.  I'm not sure what the real name for it is, but on the few occasions I eat pizza anymore, there's one a half a mile from my place and they will give you a large one for like 8 bucks if you do carryout.  I just call and ask for that black box pizza and go pick it up.

Last time I had one, I rowed a marathon on the rowing machine this past spring, that was my reward.  Finished that pizza in like 15 minutes.  

You talking about their pan pizza?

I’m pretty sure that’s the pizza they put in the mysterious black box lol

8 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

I love this thread. I'll eat any pizza, any day, any time.

Our local joint, Niccoletti's, just got a food truck and parks that glorious MF'er right in front of my building at work. Sure, I have replaced my red blood cells with pepperoni grease, but who am I to complain?

And now Domino's just opened a carryout about two-hundred feet from my front door. Life is good.

Four Star (if that's still a thing), Vocelli's, MOD Pizza, the brick-oven joint up at Eastern Market, the pizza joint beside Soundstage and Ram's Head in Baltimore...

And I just discovered Newman's Own frozen thin crust pep/sausage pizza, which is damn good. Best frozen pizza I've ever had.

I’ve seen Newman’s Own and have never come to try one:  I’ll have to take your word

for it and grab one!

Mellow Mushroom at the top of the chains for me.

Pizza Hut is actually pretty good. So was Uno's, though that was 20 years ago.

Papa John's and Domino's rather blah.

I worked at a Little Caesars in college, so I cannot stomach it all.

My favorites are no longer in existence. Sharkey's (not a chain, was only in S. Carolina) and Armand's.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I haven't had that one yet, what comes on it?

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

There’s no such thing as a bad pizza.  Just because Papa John’s isn’t as good as the local joint with one location that nobody’s ever heard of that serves pizza with grease dripping down your arms and off of your elbows when you eat it, doesn’t mean you have to snub your nose at it.  Just cause Papa John’s isn’t as good as Uncle Louie’s in NY or some Chicago pizza joint, doesn’t make it bad.

Its pizza.  If you won’t eat a slice of PJ’s when it’s served up and you’d rather go hungry then you’re just a fool.

Agreed. But in New York you can get $1 slices that taste better.

• Like 1

Papa Johns is and has always been the worst chain pizza. It’s not even close. But I will eat 3-4 free slices every other Thursday business meeting and prepare for the aftermath, because I’m a sucker. Papa J’s the only pizza that sucks cold. 

That being said, during my time living in China I found pizza is not a universal understanding of cheese, marinara, and pepperoni, but also mayonnaise, corn, Ketchup, and durian are acceptable by their standards. I made sure to keep a distance from all “pizza huts / dominoes/ papa johns “ that found a way to get franchised there. A man can take but so much. 

27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Big BIte Pizza has very solid, but not the best, pizza that I've had.  It also has probably the best wings.  So that's where i usually get delivery from.  It only has 2 stores tho.  

If I am going out for pizza, it's Pizzeria Paradiso because they always have a phenomenal beer list.  https://www.eatyourpizza.com/old-town-beer-menu

Pizzeria Paradiso is pretty good.  Another is Delia's in Springfield, which I like because they serve both great pizza and Peruvian chicken.  Just thinking about that makes me happy.  And hungry.  

51 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I’ve seen Newman’s Own and have never come to try one:  I’ll have to take your word

for it and grab one!

FWIW, I usually put their pizza in for an extra four minutes or so...what's written on the box is not quite long enough, even at that temp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Big BIte Pizza has very solid, but not the best, pizza that I've had.  It also has probably the best wings.  So that's where i usually get delivery from.  It only has 2 stores tho.  

If I am going out for pizza, it's Pizzeria Paradiso because they always have a phenomenal beer list.  https://www.eatyourpizza.com/old-town-beer-menu

Love me some Big Bite.  I can blame 30-40 lbs on them when I was in my 20’s.  They had a location in Burke but it closed down.  Great ****ing pizza though.

Anyone had Malek’s pizza in Springfield?  They’re open til like 3:00 am on weekends, delivery too (or at least they used to be).  They make a killer spaghetti pizza that will get you nice and fat too.  Great for killing half a hangover before you go to sleep.

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2019 at 4:35 PM, Riggo-toni said:

Mellow Mushroom at the top of the chains for me.

This is the only pizza in town that rivals my restaurant's...the spring water they use at MM makes the dough perfect. Have you tried Fellini's?

I've had 4 pizzas and 2 calzones in the last 3 weeks, but like I've raved about in the past, I work in an awesome Italian place with badass pizza. Been in the same location for 39 years. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 2

Papa Johns is bad pizza. I’d take little caesars over it. The crust is straight cardboard and has no flavor at all. The rest of it is bland. 

id take chef boy r dee  box kit pizza over it 

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

And I bet he smells like that garlic dip they include with the pizza.

dude is basically a big sweaty ball of mozzarella at this point with pizza grease seeping out of his pores 

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I haven't had that one yet, what comes on it?

whatever you want. Just dominos version of the PH pan pizza/deep dish. It’s pretty good but nothing is the PH pan for sure 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Haven't had it in 20+ years but I still think about DiCarlo's pizza in Wheeling, WV. 

As for chain pizza...give me* the King Arthur's Supreme from Roundtable. 

*If I hadn't been gluten free for 8+ years now. 😟

I assume you know that many places make gluten free pizza.  OK if you like a crispier cracker-like crust.  Gluten is what gives a crust that chew.

• Like 1