Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Panthers Prediction Thread: The McCaffrey Show

skins island connection

Who wins?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Redskins become poody-tat tamers?

Anything is possible.... Like to nust see some progress at qb... Hitting some of those bear misses. Guice and Sims getting the ball and of course more McScorchin!

24-14 SKINS!

An L is probably better for our future draft position... But maybe we get something for Tdub(lunt)

If we cant get Chase... Id love to walk away with a top Olineman, a solid Safety..  And if we can pair McScorchin with Laviska Shenault Jr.?!?!? O M G

A 20-17 Skins win.

Callahan's preference for a conservative running game fits with attacking the Panther's defense.  The Skins RBs have good games, and their WRs contribute by helping to move the chains, and with a few medium-to-long completions.  Haskins' role is mainly as a game manager.

I think it's going to be a tighter game than some here are expecting. Some of the numbers being predicticted for McCaffrey are surprising (even if they are a little tongue-in-cheek).

Team Stats

wsh.png&h=100&w=100 car.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 13.1 23.5
Points Allowed Per Game 24.5 26.5
Total Yards 278.5 375.6
Yards Passing 192.6 250.1
Yards Rushing 85.9 125.5
Yards Allowed 383.0 387.9
Pass Yards Allowed 245.4 260.5
Rush Yards Allowed 137.6

Redskins 20

Panthers 17

The game against Carolina could be more competitive than most people think.   The Panthers are only 5-6 and they played horribly at the 49ers (loss 51-13) and at home against the sorry Falcons (loss 29-3).  Also, they are on a 3-game losing streak.  So anything can happen.  Do I expect the Redskins to win?  No, but it wouldn't shock me if they did.

I'm expecting good Carolina to show up today.  Mainly because their offense is much better than Washington's.  I predict, however, that the Redskins will score one TD for a third week in a row!!!  They might even score two but miss an extra point.  When all is said and done...

Panthers 27

Redskins 13

12 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Skins  17

Panthers  16

Just like last week, on the edge of my chair with my heart beating out of my chest. 

Were you being sarcastic?  Or were you wanting them to win or lose?

I think most Redskins fans at this point would feel mostly indifferent if they win or lose, although we all have a preference.  For example, quite a few would prefer they lose to get the highest draft pick possible.  OTOH, I have a hard time imagining many fans desperately wanting them to win.

15 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Were you being sarcastic?  Or were you wanting them to win or lose?

I think most Redskins fans at this point would feel mostly indifferent if they win or lose, although we all have a preference.  For example, quite a few would prefer they lose to get the highest draft pick possible.  OTOH, I have a hard time imagining many fans desperately wanting them to win.

I've been a fan for 46 years, I always want a win. :ols:

High draft picks aren't always good picks, as our FO has proven. (Just sayin'.)

10 hours ago, skins island connection said:

The enthusiasm for the Redskins has really dropped off.

Usually there would be about 3-4 pages, maybe 5 if they were in the hunt.

Sad days here...

LOL!  With the Cowboys losing and the Eagles getting beat by Phins this week!!  Skins only 3 games back!!  Division winner at 7-9!!!  LOL! 

4 hours ago, Bigmuss1 said:

LOL!  With the Cowboys losing and the Eagles getting beat by Phins this week!!  Skins only 3 games back!!  Division winner at 7-9!!!  LOL! 

The magnitude of ridicule that would be all over sports talk shows if that happened? Wow!

Not to mention that whoever the WC team was, they would come into FedEx and obliterate the Redskins, then the whole best record = playoffs discussion would come back up.

Its better to just see if Haskins progresses or regresses.

22 hours ago, Acworth skins fan said:

Good morning, I agree, as a fan of 50 years I never want to lose. Higher pick be dammed. 

I feel you!  But these are unusual times.  Being a dreadful team with a 1-9 record can change one's thinking after rooting for them to win for 46 years or more (that would be me).   Last week, I bordered between indifference and wanting them to lose in order to get the highest draft pick possible.  

When all is said and done, what I desire will not change the outcome of one game.  At 2-9, however, I'm still interested in getting the highest draft pick possible for my #1 favorite team period no matter the sport.   

Archived