Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And what does that mean now? 

Oh Jesus, you know what I meant by that, so if you want to get made like we wont be able to extend Haskins, go ahead and jump to that.  Use sticking by Cousins was huge to him taking the step to being s franchise QB, completely separate from our ability to keep him here.

It was good to see our young players make some plays and have some fun.  Miami still plays the Giants and Bengals so the odds are still good that we can get that 2nd spot.

I really like Guice, he's one of a very few players I've seen come back from a major knee injury with the same level of energy, he has no fear and it will be fun to see him and Love in the backfield next year.

With Haskins, I just have to bite my tongue and hope that the people who say to be patient know what they're talking about, I personally haven't seen any noticeable improvement from week to week but I'm not a scout or coach so maybe they are seeing little steps that will eventually add up to bigger ones.

It's possible we have some very good young WR talent, better than we might think but it's not able to show itself for various reasons.

Just watched postgame press conference on Comcast and one reporter asked Haskins two negative questions and Haskins refused to answer either of

his two question.  He just sat their silent and waited for another reporter to ask him a positive question.   Unbelievable to see he is already sensitive to

criticism.  Also said he hurt his wrist during the game and refused to say at what point in the game he hurt his wrist when asked by a reporter.

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

Just watched postgame press conference on Comcast and one reporter asked Haskins two negative questions and Haskins refused to answer either of

his two question.  He just sat their silent and waited for another reporter to ask him a positive question.   Unbelievable to see he is already sensitive to

criticism.  Also said he hurt his wrist during the game and refused to say at what point in the game he hurt his wrist when asked by a reporter.

Did they ask him why his punk ass was taking pictures with fans instead of kneeling with the rest of the team????

(sarcasm)

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty sure the lions were 3-6-1 actually 😂 do you people not even do your research?? 😂 

*has nothing to do with the rest of your point. Just wanted to point out your mistake* :P 

It's obvious you've gone your whole life without hearing this, so I'll do the world a favor and repeat to you the trusty old maxim "nobody likes a pedant". 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

We’re all still rooting for this team in some fashion.  Snyder has made this fan base so apathetic that gutless wins like this mean nothing.  Losses are really victories for many fans because of our united dislike of Snyder.

That doesn’t answer my question😂 my question was, why do people feel the need to **** on those that want to win, and why do people that wanted to win feel the need to **** on those who wanted to lose? Just let others be happy about whatever the final result is :) 

36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

.....? **** this kid....? For what....? Celebrating a win, when the clock was showing all 0’s? At least on Fox it showed 0:00 right before the final snap. Why say **** this kid, for that? 

I saw 0.08 on the clock, at least on my TV

13 minutes ago, rabidskin said:

You will see the logic on draft day who we could have had and think back to this game.  Nice win...now our playoff chances greatly improve...how idiotic!  Same crap every year winning meaningless games and dropping our picks for nothing.    Beating Jacksonville last December dropped us 5 spots in the draft.  We just lost the 2nd pick ( and Chase Young..the next JJ Watt) and dropped to #4, Are we happy yet?

Snyder is!  Probably his wifes BF too!  

dan-snyder-fist-pump-against-philadelphi

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm happy for the players that got a win. I'm not happy for the team that has now been stunted by losing the draft positions that could help them improve beyond being a 2 win team.

Stunted?  They are stunted by who's running it, we havent gotten to fixing that yet to say higher picks will make a difference. 

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

That's actually a really good point. And you know what could really help us get a better deal when trading down? A higher draft pick.

How far did we jus drop in draft order, out of curiosity?  Arent we still #2 because we lost to Giants and Dolphins?

I originally wanted to lose for Young but after watching the highlight videos of the DBs and Haskins looking very stoked on the W I’m glad they won. The kid needs work but he obviously loves to win and he seemed passionate and celebrated with the fans, cool to see. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That doesn’t answer my question😂 my question was, why do people feel the need to **** on those that want to win, and why do people that wanted to win feel the need to **** on those who wanted to lose? Just let others be happy about whatever the final result is :) 

Because everyone wants to be right.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Really though, how happy should anyone be that a 1-9 team beat a 4-6-1 team by scoring 19 points?

Its ok.  Good for them.  Simply just ok though.

The reason that we can be happy about this win is because the game wasn't won by the grizzled vets. The plays were made by mostly rookies and young players: McLauren, Harmon, Morrison, Mureau. A bunch of those players will be here even if we get the number one or two pick in the draft. It'll be important for those players to be able to contribute. So, seeing the youngsters flash and get some success is worthwhile.

It was nice to see Simms get two great kick off returns.

It was nice to see our young secondary perform better after Norman was benched.

It was great to see our rookie linebackers get a pair of sacks.

It was nice to see Harmon and McLaurine make some good plays.

If the game was won  by our ten year vets or even Peterson then it would be less meaningful (not that being 2-9 means much) Seeing your rookies excel and rise to the occasion is worth a cheer.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh Jesus, you know what I meant by that, so if you want to get made like we wont be able to extend Haskins, go ahead and jump to that.  Use sticking by Cousins was huge to him taking the step to being s franchise QB, completely separate from our ability to keep him here.

I just don't understand what that has to do with this game. Cousins almost single-handedly bringing us back from a historical deficit against TB was a great moment for him and his progression as a QB.

Where's the parallel to Haskins being the QB during a game we scraped out against a bad Lions team, where every point we scored was thanks to ST's? This was not a career-defining moment like that comeback was for Cousins at the time...so I didn't even understand the comparison you were making. 

10 minutes ago, cougs said:

Way to troll A guy try to bow out of an argument gracefully. Your right I said it, but once again what difference does it make. You just want to argue and make others feel bad. Good on you. 

I wasn't even the guy you were arguing with, man. Just thought it was funny you wanted to pretend to be the bigger man after he quoted you back to yourself, like you were doing the guy a favor. That's genuine comedy

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Really though, how happy should anyone be that a 1-9 team beat a 4-6-1 team by scoring 19 points?

Its ok.  Good for them.  Simply just ok though.

Yes the franchise is a backed up toilet

Yes Allen is a worthless bootlicker

Yes LilDan out to be run outta town on a Roomba

Yadda yadda yadda, I get that, all of it, each and every festering pustule of it, but still, damn! We've got young guys playin their balls off, trying hard to show that they really do belong here after a lifetime of dreams and sacrifices from families, bustin their asses to succeed in SPITE of all those reasons that fans sitting at home with a beer in one hand and the remote in the other seem to feel are more important in their ass-holier than though way.

Tomorrow we can debate the relative merits of this win-vs- draft position for a team that will squander it anyway, can we just enjoy one tiny, dust encrusted fleck of satisfaction today??

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The reason that we can be happy about this win is because the game wasn't won by the grizzled vets. The plays were made by mostly rookies and young players: McLauren, Harmon, Morrison, Mureau. A bunch of those players will be here even if we get the number one or two pick in the draft. It'll be important for those players to be able to contribute. So, seeing the youngsters flash and get some success is worthwhile.

It was nice to see Simms get two great kick off returns.

It was nice to see our young secondary perform better after Norman was benched.

It was great to see our rookie linebackers get a pair of sacks.

It was nice to see Harmon and McLaurine make some good plays.

If the game was won  by our ten year vets or even Peterson then it would be less meaningful (not that being 2-9 means much) Seeing your rookies excel and rise to the occasion is worth a cheer.

This is a good answer.  Of all this, the young ones are the ones who I want to see do well.

Archived