Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty sure dan and Bruce had zero say in us winning this game 😂😂😂 and do you seriously expect Callahan and the players to just lie down and take a loss up the ****? No. Why find people to blame for a win? I dont See the logic in that 🤔

You will see the logic on draft day who we could have had and think back to this game.  Nice win...now our playoff chances greatly improve...how idiotic!  Same crap every year winning meaningless games and dropping our picks for nothing.    Beating Jacksonville last December dropped us 5 spots in the draft.  We just lost the 2nd pick ( and Chase Young..the next JJ Watt) and dropped to #4, Are we happy yet?

2 minutes ago, UKskins said:

What I wanted from the 1-9 team is 6 more losses and a high pick. I haven't complained once this season, even when getting blown out since it became clear we weren't going anywhere and the only bright spot in this season might be at least having a high pick to look forward to.

I would be perfectly happy right in between your two polairsed options - Losing close games and playing well whilst doing it. That's the sweet spot. Getting blown out is no fun but at least the end justifies the means.

Winning games like this serve absolutely no purpose except to damage the chances of us having a decent draft, or a potentially franchise changing haul of picks. 

Don't get me wrong, if we were winning games by dominating other teams and getting blowouts then I'm all for it. I can enjoy those kind of wins and be happy. These kind of ****ty wins against bad teams where we can't even look competent but scrape through due to the other team conspiring to somehow be even worse does not make me happy, and frankly it baffles me as to why anyone would celebrate this kind of win.

I didn’t say celebrate I said look for hope.  To be angry and disappointed at this point with this team doesn’t make any sense.

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

An overthrown ~10 yard pass that the WR bailed him out on is something to build on?

I do agree McLaurin looks like a stud in the making.

The throw to McLaurin to set up the winning field goal, was not an easy throw.

Throw in the circumstance, it is a confidence builder.  

Just now, rabidskin said:

You will see the logic on draft day who we could have had and think back to this game.  Nice win...now our playoff chances greatly improve...how idiotic!  Same crap every year winning meaningless games and dropping our picks for nothing.    Beating Jacksonville last December dropped us 5 spots in the draft.  We just lost the 2nd pick ( and Chase Young..the next JJ Watt) and dropped to #4, Are we happy yet?

That has zero to do with what i said. You blamed dan and Bruce for the team winning. What sense does that make? 

I watched the game at Buffalo Wild Wings with the sound turned off while they showed the Eagles lose big time to Seattle.  Skins game not shown locally on Comcast.

I do not think Haskins showed much at all today and he is definitely a project - do we have two years to wait on his development?

There were some short passes where he winds up before he throws the pass and that means it takes longer for the throw to leave his arm.

Someone on the coaching staff in the off-season has to get him to fix his throwing motion.  His mechanics are inconsistent and if you watch

Brees, Brady, and Wilson from Seattle you will notice their throwing motion is always the same unless a defender is preventing them from following

through on their throws.

Just now, Springfield said:

I would posit that anyone still rooting for this team is insane.  So yeah.

What’s wrong with rooting for a team, even if that team is bad? Why call people insane for choosing to cheer for a team? Why does anyone feel the need to **** on those that wanted a loss, and why does anyone feel the need to **** on those that wanted a win? 

4 minutes ago, Tedskins 21 said:

“It seems that some of you are just here to complain. Is there a lot wrong with this team? Yes, but we have look better than we have all season. That’s all we can ask for now. Enjoy the small things in life they don’t come often.”

“look better.”

No.

I was going to argue with you , but I am just going to wish you a happy Thanksgiving and end it at that. 

I'm still catching up on the game. but seeing the play by play since the first Moreau Int has been ok. I really want to see how bad the passes by Haskins were because the numbers don't look good. And I will say that its more of an argument for Chris Russell's running game stuff but what did we have there? The most positive thing about today is the defense (which I predicted), the special teams. Like I said earlier I liked the young guys today especially Sims, Moreau (who I was ready to give up on), Harmon and McLaurin. 

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Haskins will develop into what he is, regardless of winning or losing against the Lions. His play speaks for itself. Either he shows improvement on his fundamentals that are so deeply lacking, or he doesn't and he's a bust. A shiny win against a team that threw the game so hard they need Tommy Johns surgery isn't going to suddenly leapfrog him to the next level.

Jus stop trying to correct me and step back for a second.  This dude is from here, he jus won his first game which is our first home win in over a year.  We already talking about replacing him.  This may not be a big deal to a lot of people but you can tell it was a huge deal for him.  In context, that should be a big deal for all of us, more so then trying to get someone who isnt here yet.

I dont care about who we pick yet because I dont even know who's going to be picking him.  Talking about getting the best player available, we dont have a second round pick.  We should be trading down and shedding bad contracts, because if we are wrong on Young, which is entirely possible, we'll have nothing to show for this draft coming up.

Just now, LD0506 said:

Holy ****!

I have learned over the years to avoid the GDT because of insanity, but check in after the game's over- now the aftermath is people pissin-n-moanin 'cuz we WON!!?!?

Some of y'all suck

Really though, how happy should anyone be that a 1-9 team beat a 4-6-1 team by scoring 19 points?

Its ok.  Good for them.  Simply just ok though.

4 minutes ago, cougs said:

I was going to argue with you , but I am just going to wish you a happy Thanksgiving and end it at that. 

It does suck when people quote you directly saying something you said you didn't say. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Jus stop trying to correct me and step back for a second.  This dude is from here, he jus won his first game which is our first home win in over a year.  We already talking about replacing him.  This may not be a big deal to a lot of people but you can tell it was a huge deal for him.  In context, that should be a big deal for all of us, more so then trying to get someone who isnt here yet.

I'm happy for the players that got a win. I'm not happy for the team that has now been stunted by losing the draft positions that could help them improve beyond being a 2 win team.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont care about who we pick yet because I dont even know who's going to be picking him.  Talking about getting the best player available, we dont have a second round pick.  We should be trading down and shedding bad contracts, because if we are wrong on Young, which is entirely possible, we'll have nothing to show for this draft coming up.

That's actually a really good point. And you know what could really help us get a better deal when trading down? A higher draft pick.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

It does suck when people quote you directly saying something you said you didn't say. Happy Thanksgiving.

Way to troll A guy try to bow out of an argument gracefully. Your right I said it, but once again what difference does it make. You just want to argue and make others feel bad. Good on you. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What’s wrong with rooting for a team, even if that team is bad? Why call people insane for choosing to cheer for a team? Why does anyone feel the need to **** on those that wanted a loss, and why does anyone feel the need to **** on those that wanted a win? 

We’re all still rooting for this team in some fashion.  Snyder has made this fan base so apathetic that gutless wins like this mean nothing.  Losses are really victories for many fans because of our united dislike of Snyder.

Archived