Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

I congratulate Dwayne on the most important #.  15 Million guaranteed to make life easier.  

Serious note:  He looks really, really bad!  Few games left so maybe he will 180, I actually hope so since having a QB is so important.  If not then yikes we have so many holes that next year will be horrible as well.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This type of win isn't going to shake any sort of bust label. Not sure what you even mean by that. Like 3 years from now someone is going to say "but he was on a team that beat that bad Lions team with a bunch of FGs in 2019!!?!"

One game by itself, no, but not winning at all wont help him.  Lions gave him that game and he took it, that's s good thing

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Except it LITERALLY said 0:00 left in the game, at least on the FOX broadcast.... what was left of the game to even finish??? Why was a final snap, with no time left on the clock, even necessary? 😂

Because until the refs say the game is over, it's not over. Until it's over, play the damn game like the football PLAYER you are, Haskins.

It seems that some of you are just here to complain. Is there a lot wrong with this team? Yes, but we have look better than we have all season. That’s all we can ask for now. Enjoy the small things in life they don’t come often. 

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Winning against the Lions by having their QB get a terminal case of diarrhea of the football does not make Haskins a franchise QB. Give me the guaranteed franchise player over the QB who can attach strings to his football and sail them like kites.

The only thing guaranteed is that Haskins is already here.  

You know, a top 2 or 3 pick doesn't always guarantee a great QB. Many very good QBs in the league right now were not taken that high. Also, if the QB isn't there when you're picking there are other QBs that would be free agents if Haskins doesn't show improvement. Teddy Bridgewater will be starter somewhere again in the coming years.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Huh? Every week I'm in here telling people to just root for the team in the way they see best without calling others fanhood lesser due to it. 

That doesn't detract from my own right to think that some opinions are stupid. I just don't think it makes someone less of a fan to disagree with me. That's an important distinction. 

Trying to argue with the drunk naked guy is probably not worth it.  

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

One game by itself, no, but not winning at all wont help him.  Lions gave him that game and he took it, that's s good thing

We disagree, and the only reason anyone will ever remember or refer back to this game in the future will be if it's the W that prevents us from drafting a difference-maker. It's not a building block to anything other than more buzz words that don't really impact the game. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

An overthrown ~10 yard pass that the WR bailed him out on is something to build on?

I do agree McLaurin looks like a stud in the making.

Yeah, let's not sugarcoat it. Haskins was awful. He missed too many passes to even count, many of them to wide open guys. Even that throw to McLaurin that put them in FG position was a bad ball and Terry had to make a terrific catch on it. 

We won because the Lions offense was absolutely terrible, because our defense actually played decently, and because our young WRs made some outstanding catches. Haskins had very little, if anything, to do with it.

2 minutes ago, cougs said:

It seems that some of you are just here to complain. Is there a lot wrong with this team? Yes, but we have look better than we have all season. That’s all we can ask for now. Enjoy the small things in life they don’t come often. 

what game did you watch?

Good for the few players I actually care about.  I took a nap through much of the second half.  This win is largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things.    Just a small buoy in a sea full of suck.

The draft order doesn’t matter.  The people who will make choices come draft time will be inept so it doesn’t matter if we have pick one or pick five.

Just now, NickyJ said:

Because until the refs say the game is over, it's not over. Until it's over, play the damn game like the football PLAYER you are, Haskins.

Why wasn’t it over, if there’s literally zero seconds left? 0:00, by definition, means it’s over😂😂😂😂 plenty of things to **** on Haskins for. Not being in for the final snap, with zero seconds left on the clock, is not one of those things 😂 this is the silliest thing to have an issue with a QB about. 

Plus, not all starting QBs take the final snap, do they? Isn’t that sometimes what the backup does? 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

The only thing guaranteed is that Haskins is already here.  

You say that as if it's something to be celebrated lol. He barely put away a trash team. He looked terrible in the process. Even JaWalrus won a game. Haskins needs to look like a competent NCAA QB before I start calling him a franchise QB.

2 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

You know, a top 2 or 3 pick doesn't always guarantee a great QB. Many very good QBs in the league right now were not taken that high. Also, if the QB isn't there when you're picking there are other QBs that would be free agents if Haskins doesn't show improvement. Teddy Bridgewater will be starter somewhere again in the coming years.

i'm not looking for a QB this draft. I want the best pass rushing talent to come out in probably the last 10 years. 

6 minutes ago, cougs said:

It's not all we can ask for, actually. 

I have plenty of small and large things to enjoy in life already. Forgive me if I feel I can have the temerity to expect more, long term, from a sports team without unbalancing the universe. 

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Pretty sure that was him out there running and throwing the ball into easy field goal range.

You can grumble all you like but we just watched Haskins first game winning drive.  This is undeniable.  Facts!

All the time you needed to get in somewhat long field goal range because of acrobatic catches from your receivers seems more like WR winning drives than a Haskins but that's just me. That was a Lion give away and you know it, Nothing special from Haskins here. He was not good at all except a few passes.  Thanks Lions

3 minutes ago, Tedskins 21 said:

what game did you watch?

I watch they same game you did.  I saw our young guys playing hard and being competitive. What more do you want from an 1-9 team. We complain when we get blown out and complain when we win. That seems like a sad way to live your life always complaining. Find some hope once in a while. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, let's not sugarcoat it. Haskins was awful. He missed too many passes to even count, many of them to wide open guys. Even that throw to McLaurin that put them in FG position was a bad ball and Terry had to make a terrific catch on it. 

We won because the Lions offense was absolutely terrible, because our defense actually played decently, and because our young WRs made some outstanding catches. Haskins had very little, if anything, to do with it.

McLaurin is legit and I like Harmon a lot too. We're gonna need to invest in some WRs with size if Haskins insists of throwing every ball 10 feet over his guys heads.

Rejoice!  In the FedEx "Miss Toilet Bowl 2019" the Skins won the "Less Butt-Ugly" of the two competing entrants. 

Talk about winning ugly!  😑   ...And this "win" really accomplished nothing except confirm Detroit's season trend of choking into its tough losses in the 4th quarter.

I don't root for the Skins to lose, but this was a poster child of why I'm so disgusted with how the Skins 2019 season has turned out.  This doesn't feel like a satisfying win....  It was less of a win, and more like an ugly avoidance of a loss, ....and the prize is just a worsening of the Skins 2020 drafting position. 

And the Skins better not make a big deal about this "win" because, regardless of the "W"  they still stunk today.  any whooping it up after this turd -- is just creating false confidence.

Archived