Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

Just now, Csup said:

Lol.  Chase Young wouldn’t want to play for this clown show.  I’m sure he was rooting for Washington.

Oh no way.  If I was a college player there is no way I would want to play for Snyder and Bruce.  It'd be horrible.  Imagine a meeting with them?  Ugh! 

The Lions gave this away.Great if not spectacular catches from our WR. Didn't see much from Haskins. Seriously. The WRs saved his are more than once. He wasn't terrible but i don't give this win to him in the least. The Lions kept giving us the ball no matter how much we wanted to give it back to them. The tale of two QBs who didn't want to score is the way i see it. Defense happened to show up today. Imagine that. Put Norman on the bench and who knows what good things can happen. This was a Lions give away. Not a Redskin take away.

3 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

So, we now have two wins.  What exactly does that mean?

Unless a couple other teams win a couple games and we lose out, we're probably not going to be in a position to get the best player to come out in the last few drafts. 

But, hey, we beat an absolutely awful team, that was playing without their starting QB, by being about .0001% less bad than them. 

So....yay?

Edit: It would be different if we had won and Haskins looked great. But he looked terrible. We won because the Lions were absolutely inept and because McLaurin and Harmon made some amazing catches on poorly thrown balls by Haskins.

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Did I quote you? I normally agree with most of your takes. But I dont give a **** whether you think I need to grow up or not. Why route for your team to lose? it is PATHETIC. Period.

The majority of this board has made it extremely clear why we think it's best for the long term future of the team not to win games like this. Pretending like you don't understand is just disingenous. Note that this isn't the same as saying you need to agree--feel however you like. 

Just now, rabidskin said:

WTF!!!!   Why? How stupid do you have to be to throw away the 2nd pick ALL FOR NOTHING!  Now just sell the team and go to London as no one cares anymore....At least we had a top pick.   Give it to the Giants!!!  Dumbest *****in football.  Bruce and Snyder!!  Can't even get that right and get something for the **** you give us on the field.

Pretty sure dan and Bruce had zero say in us winning this game 😂😂😂 and do you seriously expect Callahan and the players to just lie down and take a loss up the ****? No. Why find people to blame for a win? I dont See the logic in that 🤔

First of all SHUSH!

Congrats to Haskins for his first career win. Congrats to the Redskins for being competitive for maybe the second or third time this season. For those who are wet blankets. Shush. For the rest of us. The best thing about this win was that the rookies got their chance to win and shine. Some came through.

Calling Haskins inconsistent though is a major kindness to Dwayne. Boy, was he off. He was close so often and never connected. Don't know if he can make those almosts into yeses, but then again.

Shush.

Just now, Brother Redskin said:

I feel good for the players, they work hard every week and I'm sure constant losing is quite demoralizing.  Not happy about losing draft position but there are still more games and the dolphins still play the bengals.

MAYBE it was known by coach and qbs that if we get the ball back he gets the kneel?

1 minute ago, Stadium-Armory said:

lol Keenum had to rush in and take the knee because Haskins was busy taking selfies with fans. I do like Haskins interacting with fans but gotta keep your head in it until it's all zeros on the clock.

If this is true - seriously **** this kid.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

How is he going to get over bust label if he cant win games? Rather have franchise QB then Young, I dont get yall

This type of win isn't going to shake any sort of bust label. Not sure what you even mean by that. Like 3 years from now someone is going to say "but he was on a team that beat that bad Lions team with a bunch of FGs in 2019!!?!"

Just now, Brother Redskin said:

I feel good for the players, they work hard every week and I'm sure constant losing is quite demoralizing.  Not happy about losing draft position but there are still more games and the dolphins still play the bengals.

You forget the Giants who the Skins just gave the 2nd pick to, thanks for nothing.

1 minute ago, rabidskin said:

Yes and lose the 2nd draft pick.   This win will really improve our playoff chances....how stupid!

We have no idea how the season standings will end up at this point. This team is bad enough to still be picking in the top 5. A win was necessary for the players at this point.

Archived