Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Navy Is Said to Proceed With Disciplinary Plans Against Edward Gallagher

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Referring to what is in the body of the tweet, can anyone actually cite a reference as to what is wrong there?  

He is a capitalist hawking a veteran organization's apparel line on FAUX  duh...🤓

31 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Referring to what is in the body of the tweet, can anyone actually cite a reference as to what is wrong there?  

It's an op-ed. Former soldier doesn't think this guy should be hawking products while he's still serving. He takes more umbrage with the insubordination and shooting children.

Edited by Cooked Crack
On 11/25/2019 at 10:19 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

There are strictures against Federal employees or active duty military personnel using their position to actively endorse commercial products.

https://oge.gov/web/oge.nsf/Resources/Endorsing+Organizations,+Products,+or+Persons

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/32/705.13

Edit: That's small potatoes, though, compared to killing a wounded prisoner by stabbing him repeatedly in the neck and posing with his dead body or shooting unarmed 80 year old men and 12-year old girls in the back.  Or threatening to kill any of your fellow soldiers who dare to call you out for that.

He sounds like Trump's kind of guy.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Dan T. said:

There are strictures against Federal employees or active duty military personnel using their position to actively endorse commercial products.

He was wearing a shirt.  

He didn't say how awesome it was or tell people to buy one.  He had to wear something.  I think it would be a hard case to make that he was endorsing the product. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

He was wearing a shirt.  

He didn't say how awesome it was or tell people to buy one.  He had to wear something.  I think it would be a hard case to make that he was endorsing the product. 

In the article it says the owner of the company was sitting next to him during the interview. Pretty blatant product placement.

Again, though, a minor offense compared to stabbing a prisoner to death, posing with the dead body, shooting unarmed civilians, and threatening to kill your comrades. 

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

In the article it says the owner of the company was sitting next to him during the interview. Pretty blatant product placement.

No proof he was endorsing it.  He was just wearing a shirt.

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Again, though, a minor offense compared to stabbing a prisoner to death, posing with the dead body, shooting unarmed civilians, and threatening to kill your comrades. 

Totally agree.   Which is why I was pointing out that tweet to begin with.  Is that really the part we should be focusing on?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

No proof he was endorsing it.  He was just wearing a shirt.

Totally agree.   Which is why I was pointing out that tweet to begin with.  Is that really the part we should be focusing on?

Well, thanks to Trump they can't drum him out of the service for war crimes.  Maybe they can boot him for hawking shirts.

Really people?!?!?! The amount of misjustice and just plan wrongness in this story and 99% of the country right now.....and the concern is that he is wearing a SHIRT from a company of a man that us supporting him right now? 

News flash - military members live wearing pro-military apparel.

Stop being side tracked by shiney squirrels and stick to the actual f***** up BS!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Well, thanks to Trump they can't drum him out of the service for war crimes.  Maybe they can boot him for hawking shirts.

Again, can't really prove he is hawking shirts.  He was just wearing a shirt.  Never even mentioned the company.

As for war crimes, why hasn't any other "jurisdiction" tried to bring war crimes charges if it is so clear cut that he committed them?

Just now, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Really people?!?!?! The amount of misjustice and just plan wrongness in this story and 99% of the country right now.....and the concern is that he is wearing a SHIRT from a company of a man that us supporting him right now? 

News flash - military members live wearing pro-military apparel.

Stop being side tracked by shiney squirrels and stick to the actual f***** up BS!

I have enough wavelength to point out both, but I get your point.

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I have enough wavelength to point out both, but I get your point.

I understand people have increased bandwidth. But when this is the focus instead of the actual huge injustice....it weakens the arguement.

Suppose he was instead a decorated service member on Ellen, being gifted a new home by under armour. And he was wearing an under armor shirt.....would there be outcry?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Suppose he was instead a decorated service member on Ellen, being gifted a new home by under armour. And he was wearing an under armor shirt.....would there be outcry?

Things like that are actually thoroughly vetted by branch public affairs before active-duty members are allowed to be involved in that sort of thing.

Or they are gifted to the spouse I'm told. 

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Things like that are actually thoroughly vetted by branch public affairs before active-duty members are allowed to be involved in that sort of thing.

Or they are gifted to the spouse I'm told. 

Note to self...do not read over your husbands phone at a bar and make your counterargument prior to him submitting the post....

....or so I'm told.

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Just noting that it's a piece of his uniform that's being argued over by officials. I would think he'd wanna show off his military pride if it's so important. 

But that's just my opinion, which means nothing. 

Are you talking about the trident?  That symbolizes a lot more than just being an article of his uniform.  Kinda like my anchors, they are just 5 cents of tin metal.  But it's what they symbolize that makes the difference.  

And I can't just go showing off my anchors on any tv show either.

• Like 2