Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Navy Is Said to Proceed With Disciplinary Plans Against Edward Gallagher

No Excuses

5 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

The Left watching as the technocratic center collapses due to its ideological vacuity, just like they predicted.

ES poster scratching head at poster who's point seems to be "Technolgy bad.  Moderation and consensus bad.  Me smarter than peoples cause I threw in some phrases."  

This would seem to have defused a conflict between the president and Navy leaders, although it remained possible that Trump could still use his authority as commander in chief to intervene in the volatile and politically charged Gallagher case, despite assurances received by the Navy.

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

Translation:  "That's what Trump said.  But he's in front of the TV, so it might change after these commercials."  

(Still, hope that this is a crisis defused.)

i wonder if he's seen the Fox News interview with Gallagher where he basically accused the Navy top brass of insubordination for appearing to disobey Trump' orders. That should get him fired up and go straight back to ordering the Navy to do what he says. 

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

i wonder if he's seen the Fox News interview with Gallagher where he basically accused the Navy top brass of insubordination for appearing to disobey Trump' orders. That should get him fired up and go straight back to ordering the Navy to do what he says. 

. . . as he (and Fox) intended him to react.  

Looks like SECDEF fired SECNAV, because SECNAV offered Trump a negotiated way to deescalate the public feud over Gallagher.  Specifically, he supposedly worked out a deal where Trump would not (further) intervene in the matter, and SECNAV would see to it that Gallagher retired with his SEAL title.  

Which looks to me like, if such a deal could be worked out, might be the best resolution to this stinker.  I'm amazed that Trump would be willing to bend that far.  After the public revelations, he really can't bend much more.  (Frankly, I don't see Trump actually sticking to such a deal.  He can't resist.)  

What's SECDEF's next move?  Defy Trump's orders and keep kicking the guy out?  How's he see that playing out, him openly disobeying an order from POTUS?  

Don't get me wrong.  Trump has taken another dump on the reputation of our military, here.  But I'd sure hope that those people would be able to work out something short of nuclear.  

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What a ****ing **** show.

You think it's over?  :) 

Edit:  

Oh, and ROFL at Trump claiming that HE fired SECNAV.  And that he did it because past administrations spent too much on defense.  Wonder how long it will be before the story involves whimpering, crying, and dead end tunnels.  

How any normal military person doesn't look at this **** with disgust,means they have no soul..... The guy literally skated with a bull**** charge of posing with a dead body.... He gets to retire at current rank bcos he hired one of the presidents ****ing lawyers..... So apparently his whole squad are liars now..... It's ****ing disgusting and Gallagher will get his just upcoming in this life or the next.....I have seen people get separated for lesser bull**** than this asshole has done.... He goes on Fox News and ****s on his entire chain of command..... Like what the ****? Really some douchebag E-7 can pull this off... Wow.! 

Also, **** Spencer trying to cut a deal for that ass hole Gallagher..... Should have let that board play itself out..... Disgusting

Archived