Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welp...have we seen enough..?

bakedtater1

Sample size is wayyyy too small.  Essentially he's a college sophomore who just so happens to be playing in the NFL.  I think its safe to say its a little too early to make that call just yet, but like many have already mentioned there are some very worrisome red flags. 

I think he has a better chance to succeed almost anywhere else except here. The young man is already on his second head coach and he's barely halfway through his first season.  Haskins would have been better off going somewhere that's more stable and had the time to develop him.  Basically he's a project and I'm afraid this is the last place on earth for a project quarterback to end up.

This offseason will be very telling for DH....it's his team in his first offseason, how hard will he work, how much will he elevate his teammates to be better?

One thing is certain, this kid is big and can chuck it all over the field. For what it's worth, today on Sirius NFL channel Charlie Weis, former OC for the Pats and head coach at Notre Dame, said that Haskins is gonna be fine once he's coached up by a new coaching staff. I actually am a mildly encouraged by his progress since the Giants and Vikings games. I just want to see him look down field more and make more timing throws....

I was the first to rip him after the Vikings game calling him a bust but I think that actually was his wake up call to work harder. 50 TD's in college is no accident, lets give him time to learn the speed and details of the NFL before throwing in the towel on him. God help us find the right staff to coach him up.

5 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Snyder and the Skins were idiots not to recognize Kirk's talent that was evident from his very first game in Cleveland in 2012 but let's not taint Haskins with our loathing for Snyder and his minions.  I'm not optimistic but I want to see how things play out.

that was his first start but he had played in two other games.  He helped us beat the Ravens but RG3 got knocked out against another team, I think it was a concussion against Atlanta or Pittsburgh, we played both and  I remember a lot of black in the team's uniforms, and he kind of stunk it up and he was extremely up and down whenever he started the next two years

4 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It's entirely possible that the Redskins can never evaluate a young quarterback because the team will always stink.

But when the offense that the QB runs is top 3 in the league, without a running game, and the defense is bottom 3, and you still can't figure out why your team continues to flounder, just shoot yourself. Or at minimum sell the team to someone with the ability to GTFO of the way.

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A former member of the Redskins’ personnel department said Snyder’s involvement with the football operation typically outmatches his football expertise.“He can’t ever get it right because he wants to be involved in it all,” he said. “He wants to have input in everything.”

Wait!!!

I thought he was supposed to be not involved in much of anything anymore? He's just sitting back watching the epic buffoonery unfold around him in disbelief and indecision.

Most of ES has followed that obvious BS belief and preached it to us non believers repeatedly for the past decade.

Apparently this has been wrong all along, which was obviously the case all of these years.

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well, change the title if ya dont like it..and piss all over where your from as well!! 👍😎😀😎👍

:rofl89: Don't be mad. Just a non-mod advice. :D

BTW, only you can change the title. You can't delete the thread.

On ES the E stands for extreme... yeah we are all extreme fans here so you gotta take the good with the bad and the puns and the ribbing... lol

It is all good. :)

4 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Revisit after a few games.  But as of now, I do not view him as a bust.

the real question it seems we need to be asking is:  do people WANT him to be our guy.  And to that I answer yes

Some people are so genuinely entrenched in their belief that he's irredeemably bad that they would probably be legitimately upset if he improves, and that thought frigging kills me.  

1 minute ago, TommyWilson said:

Some people are so genuinely entrenched in their belief that he's irredeemably bad that they would probably be legitimately upset if he improves, and that thought frigging kills me.  

I am pretty sure everyone here didn't want Haskins on draft day. Now that he is here the only thing one can do is wait and see. Dan picked him and not the coach so there is that to think about too. Is Dan good at picking QBs?

He is without a doubt a bust. No chance for redemption. Zero. He is cartoonishly horrible. While it’s in the best interest of the draft position of the Redskins for him to start the rest of the year, it’s kind of cruel at this point. He is going to suffer long term emotional trauma that he is too weak to handle. The outburst to the o line was an early example of him lashing out and will spiral downhill from there. 

He is going to be destroyed and he will never recover. He has no future in the NFL that’s without a doubt, hopefully he can live out the rest of his life out of football without too much PTSD. Poor guy.

1 hour ago, zskins said:

:rofl89: Don't be mad. Just a non-mod advice. :D

BTW, only you can change the title. You can't delete the thread.

On ES the E stands for extreme... yeah we are all extreme fans here so you gotta take the good with the bad and the puns and the ribbing... lol

It is all good. :)

I jus dont get where I come from has anything to do with the price of rice in China lol..k I'm sorry for what I said about pissing on where you live..I dont wanna get ragged on for saying dude is a bust..I don't know **** man..I mean..being where I'm from speaks volumes about how much I know lol...I have never figured out how to change the thread title..I've tried on a few other threads I've started... I'll admit..I was very Inebriated when i started this thread...lol..I mean c'mon it was shortly after a Redskins game....I'm sure I wasnt the only one hahaha..anywhooo...I'll take a punishment from the mods if need be...I didnt mean to step on anyone's toes..I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on the situation is all.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

He is without a doubt a bust. No chance for redemption. Zero. 

ZERO chance for redemption? Are you not even going to take into consideration IF he somehow shows progress these final 6 games? You’ll continue to think he’s a bust no matter what he does, no matter how much progress he makes? 

12 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I jus dont get where I come from has anything to do with the price of rice in China lol..k I'm sorry for what I said about pissing on where you live..I dont wanna get ragged on for saying dude is a bust..I don't know **** man..I mean..being where I'm from speaks volumes about how much I know lol...I have never figured out how to change the thread title..I've tried on a few other threads I've started... I'll admit..I was very Inebriated when i started this thread...lol..I mean c'mon it was shortly after a Redskins game....I'm sure I wasnt the only one hahaha..anywhooo...I'll take a punishment from the mods of need be...I didnt mean to step on anyone's toes..I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on the situation is all.

Well you said he was going to be a bust... if he doesn't you will be eating some crow...lol Some of us here has eaten a lot of crow... it happens, like me saying we will go 11-5 after Gruden got canned... lol

Editing is so easy. Go to your original post, that would be the post you created to create the thread. Click on Edit and then you can change the title of the thread... see easy peasy even a potato in Idaho can do it. :D

I am pretty sure you are a smart guy. :)

I love potatoes by the way, especially the ones that come from ID. :cheers:

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Well you said he was going to be a bust... if he doesn't you will be eating some crow...lol Someone us here has eaten a lot of crow... it happens, like me saying we will go 11-5 after Gruden got canned... lol

Editing is so easy. Go to your original post that would the post you created to create the thread. Click on Edit and then you can change the title of the thread... see easy peasy even a potato in Idaho can do it. :D

I am pretty sure you are a smart guy. :)

I love potatoes by the way, especially the ones that come from ID. :cheers:

Where did i say he was a bust?..I dont know enough to call him a bust or not..

True story...I was at a burger king and they were out of fries and I responded..in idaho?

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I jus dont get where I come from has anything to do with the price of rice in China lol..k I'm sorry for what I said about pissing on where you live..I dont wanna get ragged on for saying dude is a bust..I don't know **** man..I mean..being where I'm from speaks volumes about how much I know lol...I have never figured out how to change the thread title..I've tried on a few other threads I've started... I'll admit..I was very Inebriated when i started this thread...lol..I mean c'mon it was shortly after a Redskins game....I'm sure I wasnt the only one hahaha..anywhooo...I'll take a punishment from the mods if need be...I didnt mean to step on anyone's toes..I wanted to hear everyone's opinion on the situation is all.

Don't get too wrapped up in mistakes; hec, we've all made them, some continue to make them.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

ZERO chance for redemption? Are you not even going to take into consideration IF he somehow shows progress these final 6 games? You’ll continue to think he’s a bust no matter what he does, no matter how much progress he makes? 

Its tough to say. I'm sure SoCal has his reasons, no one is right or wrong about him, because no one is a fortune teller.

One thing I can clearly state with confidence is, the FO/owner has turned once-optimistic fans into present-day pessimists, and I'm one of them.

But it never hurts to draft a QB { not Tua } just in case. In the event Haskins does mature and develop with progression, then we have a good back-up to groom.

If Haskins doesn't work out, then we've got a QB who most likely has a lot more college experience.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Where did i say he was a bust?..I dont know enough to call him a bust or not..

True story...I was at a burger king and they were out of fries and I responded..in idaho?

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont recall tater saying Haskins will be a bust. others have, sure. But the OP was just asking people to debate IF we have seen enough to call him a bust. That’s different entirely. He was asking for opinions. 

Ah, had to go back and re-read the OP. Totally thought tater was saying I have seen enough and if you think he is a bust. Maybe I was trying to read between the lines and your subliminal message.... lol

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We went over this in the other thread. Cliff notes version: around 80 percent of first round QBs are busts. All first round Redskins QBs in the modern NFL era (since 1970) have been busts. I would estimate there is around a 90% chance that any QB drafted by the Skins in the first round is a bust.

Haskins started with a severe uphill battle. His horrid play, coaching change, disinterest, failure to pick up basic offense, failure to dissect defenses in practice to a point where his teammates avoided intercepting him, a single year of college ball, 1-9 roster around him and most importantly the clown owner and GM overruling the football people makes him a guaranteed bust.

The hole is too steep for him to emerge as the unicorn who will avoid the fate of the 90%. He is done. Period. And you are a bust or you are not a bust. Irrelevant when the label is attached. It’s retroactive to the moment he was drafted. So yes he’s a bust.

Ya know, I regret it now..I regret starting this thred. It was to premature. I completely agree with those questioning why I started this thread, it was un called for..can we close this thread and re open it at seasons end?...I just wanna be fare to all parties lol

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

Ah, had to go back and re-read the OP. Totally thought tater was saying I have seen enough and if you think he is a bust. Maybe I was trying to read between the lines and your subliminal message.... lol

Ya no worries hear man..I've always thought we were cool with each other..sorry I snapped again man.

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Heard it on ESPN 980 radio today that Kirk looked better coming on to the field for the 1st time then Haskins did. Ouch. 

God...remember that game..week 2..3...in philly...the skins lost but god kirk looked..AMAZING...than the next game was like a Thursday nighter?..against the giants and he laid an egg..ahhh good ole Shanahan 

11 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He is done. Period. And you are a bust or you are not a bust. Irrelevant when the label is attached. It’s retroactive to the moment he was drafted. So yes he’s a bust.

So what you’re saying is that even if he wins Us a super bowl or two, and takes us to the playoffs more often than not, that he’ll still be a bust since he was called a bust after two starts? You know how silly that logic is, right? I bet colts fans were calling manning a bust after throwing all those interceptions in his rookie year. Yet do people call him a bust still, years later? No.

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

God...remember that game..week 2..3...in philly...the skins lost but god kirk looked..AMAZING...than the next game was like a Thursday nighter?..against the giants and he laid an egg..ahhh good ole Shanahan 

First of all, that was year 1 of Jay Gruden, that has zero to do with shanahan 😂😂😂 

and that wasn’t his first start. His first start was against the browns in 2012. 

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ya know, I regret it now..I regret starting this thred. It was to premature. I completely agree with those questioning why I started this thread, it was un called for..can we close this thread and re open it at seasons end?...I just wanna be fare to all parties lol

Ya no worries hear man..I've always though we were cool with each other..sorry I snapped again man.

We all snap... lol 

I can be a jerk sometime too. :D

No need to close thread. Once people have done talking about whether Haskins is a bust or not this thread will disappear into the abyss. :)

We will then be talking about our new QB that we get in the 2020 draft...lol

Haskins is going to be a bust. Do I need to see more for a tiny bit of hope? I will let it play out. We all know Dan picked QB are so highly rated in the NFL... lol

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So what you’re saying is that even if he wins Us a super bowl or two, and takes us to the playoffs more often than not, that he’ll still be a bust since he was called a bust after two starts? You know how silly that logic is, right? 

no in that scenario he was never a bust. I would be a dumb ass for making the claim and should be ridiculed for it. I would be happy if it played out that way because we would have a franchise QB. Unfortunately, I am not wrong. He’s a bust. It’s nothing against him personally. 

We have to roll the dice and draft to finally get the unicorn. However, we also have to accept when a player is a miss (90 percent chance in my estimation) and not fall for a sunk cost fallacy. Move on and bring in the next guy. Throwing years away trying to save face is moronic. We don’t have time for that nonsense. Have been doing it since 1993 and has gotten us nowhere.

Archived