bakedtater1

Welp...have we seen enough..?

12 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I doubt he ever pans out. One thing I've learned watching the NFL is that rarely do quarterbacks that look horrible all of a sudden blossom and become great players. If had shown some flashes then I'd say give it time. He has the rest of the year to show something, if not I'd say it is time to move on. Try trading him for a fourth rounder or something. 

Respectfully disagree.

The "flash" was that ridiculous throw downfield to Terry.

The one called back due to a hold by our "Pro Bowl" guard.

Yall told me Kirk Cousins needed 3 off-seasons as a starter before I could make my mind on him lol

Telling me we should have kept this dude and at the same time telling me a QB this bad cant get better over time is asinine. Probably the dumbest thing a Redskins fan can say considering what we are literally kicking ourselves for doing just a few seasons ago. 

I mean come on you guys lol

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Llevron I think it’s preposterous to have seen enough of Dwayne already.  I mean, we literally have nothing to lose in continuing to play him and there are no prizes for concluding he’s a bust early.

That said, Kirk and Dwayne have different issues.  If Dwayne was just throwing picks but exhibiting solid mechanics and decent ability to dissect defenses at LOS, the noise wouldn’t be as loud.

• Like 1

To be honest, I thought that was his worst game so far.  He looked really poor.  

That being said, you can never tell if someone is a bust in their first few games.  It doesnt take years in most cases, but it takes more than 2-3 games. He seems to try and be very careful with the ball, and not throw it down the field, which i suspect is Callahan's doing.  In the NFL every player is going to get knocked on their butt early in their career. And then over and over again through the years.  What determines whether a player ends up being a bust, or a very successful player in the league is purely whether they A. Have the determination to beat it every time, B. Have the ability to beat it.  I think we will see much more by the end of the season.  If he doesnt have 1-2 good games by the end of the season then I would be very concerned.  If he does, its a sign he is fighting and growing.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@Llevron I think it’s preposterous to have seen enough of Dwayne already.  I mean, we literally have nothing to lose in continuing to play him and there are no prizes for concluding he’s a bust early.

That said, Kirk and Dwayne have different issues.  If Dwayne was just throwing picks but exhibiting solid mechanics and decent ability to dissect defenses at LOS, the noise wouldn’t be as loud.

Kirk took a knee at the end of a half, in his second year as a starter, instead of spiking it lol

Yea they have way different issues. Both dudes were making bone head mistakes and looking like **** though. Thats my point 

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Kirk took a knee at the end of a half, in his second year as a starter, instead of spiking it lol

Yea they have way different issues. Both dudes were making bone head mistakes and looking like **** though. Thats my point 

There's making bad decisions and being unready for NFL defenses and speed, which every rookie deals with. And then there's regularly throwing the ball yards away from where it's supposed to go. The latter is worrisome. If I don't see improvement in this by the end of the year, then I fear we may be in Heath Schuler territory.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Let the debate begin..Have we seen enough to call Dwayne Haskins a bust in the NFL?

Where in the world did you get the idea to start or for the matter post something this foolish?

A rook with two starts, you ready to say enough? 

You are either a bit short sighted (by choice?) or your frustration with the team is indiscriminate allowing for no mistakes.

Edited by ClaytoAli

1 minute ago, ClaytoAli said:

Where in the world did you get the idea to start or for the matter post something this foolish?

A rook with two starts, you ready to say enough? 

You are either a bit short sighted (by choice?) or your frustration with the team is indiscriminate allowing for no mistakes.

Hey man it's just a thread to debate the situation..I dont come into your place and tell ya how to hang your paintings...did you not read any of my other posts?..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, profusion said:

There's making bad decisions and being unready for NFL defenses and speed, which every rookie deals with. And then there's regularly throwing the ball yards away from where it's supposed to go. The latter is worrisome. If I don't see improvement in this by the end of the year, then I fear we may be in Heath Schuler territory.

Watch the clip I just posted of Kirk. He did the same thing with frequency. And honestly hes playing well right now. Thats my point. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Through all of Kirk's issues, he still had some very knowledgeable folks here who hadn't given up on him.  I wasn't one of them.  But there were definitely folks here who liked what they saw even with him making bonehead decisions with the football.  I think that was based in the fact that Kirk looked the part in the pocket, even if he didn't play like it.  I think the reason others were confident in his ability was the same thing, he looked and appeared comfortable in the pocket going through his reads, and delivered a nice ball.  He just brain-farted entirely too often.  He was a guy who started in a pro-like offense for several years in college.

Dwayne on the other hand started one year in college, in a simplified offense, on a team filled with superior talent.  He's got a much longer way to go as for running a pro offense than Kirk did.  Which means that ultimately, Dwayne is going to need the type of patience not often reserved for players in this league.

• Like 2

I most certainly want him to start the rest of the season..absolutely...yes I was calling for the back up to play especially after only coming away with a field goal and a missed field goal after two turnovers to keep us in the game...like sip and I said root for the skins in the now be ok with a loss if so be it.

14 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I guess I'm way off seeing QBs come In to the league Instantly starting and having success...immediately...again..please dont label me as a fan saying haskins needs time..or that hes a bust...I'm neutral...only thing I say about it is is..with him only having one year under his belt In college i believe it was a stretch for the skins to pick him where they did.

What is the track record for Qbs with one year starting in college experience?

15 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

He was drafted by Dan Snyder.

What else needs to be said?

This point gets overlooked.  It should not be overlooked.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Watch the clip I just posted of Kirk. He did the same thing with frequency. And honestly hes playing well right now. Thats my point. 

He is also playing on a better team with a better defense.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Through all of Kirk's issues, he still had some very knowledgeable folks here who hadn't given up on him.  I wasn't one of them.  But there were definitely folks here who liked what they saw even with him making bonehead decisions with the football.  I think that was based in the fact that Kirk looked the part in the pocket, even if he didn't play like it.  I think the reason others were confident in his ability was the same thing, he looked and appeared comfortable in the pocket going through his reads, and delivered a nice ball.  He just brain-farted entirely too often.  He was a guy who started in a pro-like offense for several years in college.

Dwayne on the other hand started one year in college, in a simplified offense, on a team filled with superior talent.  He's got a much longer way to go as for running a pro offense than Kirk did.  Which means that ultimately, Dwayne is going to need the type of patience not often reserved for players in this league.

Realistically speaking, I dont think Haskins makes it. Due to fault of his own, yes. But mostly because of the Redskins. But the one guy I didnt want here is the perfect example of why 3 games is way to early to give up on a player. Thats my only point. And I think we agree on that. 

• Like 1

I absolutely wouldn't draft Tua first overall or even in the top 10 if it was me given his ankle issues and now hip.  That being said I don't know who i'd put at the top of my list in this draft class or even next really.  Everyone salivates over Lawrence but he's had some very pedestrian games this year, hardly looking like the once in a generation talent some seem to push him as.

I'd probably take a flyer in the 2nd on a guy like Fromm or Hurts but wouldn't draft them any sooner.

Edited by MariusVT

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

He is also playing on a better team with a better defense.

For sure. Dude had Jackson, Garcon, Reed and hella other weapons. And when those weapons were gone he looked bad. Now that he has them again in minny, he looks good. You really cant argue at this point that a QB needs weapons. 

Problem is here in Washington good ****ing luck getting them and keeping them. 

The other aspect we have to keep in mind is that we have no idea who the head coach and/or staff of this team is going to be beyond this season.  What Haskins is doing now is mostly in the name of just getting reps and experience of the speed of the NFL game, how much quicker you have to operate and make decisions than you did in college.  

By the time he takes his first practice snap of 2020, there could very likely be an entire new offense being run. 

Just now, Llevron said:

For sure. Dude had Jackson, Garcon, Reed and hella other weapons. And when those weapons were gone he looked bad. Now that he has them again in minny, he looks good. You really cant argue at this point that a QB needs weapons. 

Problem is here in Washington good ****ing luck getting them and keeping them. 

I have been on this and other threads, especially the draft threads about having an O line that can protect the QB and run block.  We have lacked this important piece for two decades. 

5 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

I absolutely wouldn't draft Tua first overall or even in the top 10 if it was me given his ankle issues and now hip. 

You know whats going to happen, right? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Realistically speaking, I dont think Haskins makes it. Due to fault of his own, yes. But mostly because of the Redskins. But the one guy I didnt want here is the perfect example of why 3 games is way to early to give up on a player. Thats my only point. And I think we agree on that. 

Cousins wasn't drafted to be the guy.  He wasn't taken in the first round.  He was the "other" QB during his first 3 seasons with the team.  And he still looked more promising than Haskins.  

• Like 1

Just now, Llevron said:

You know whats going to happen, right? 

Oh we're absolutely drafting him, a highly ranked now very injured player?  This is the draft pick Bruce lives for.

• Sad 1

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

Cousins wasn't drafted to be the guy.  He wasn't taken in the first round.  He was the "other" QB during his first 3 seasons with the team.  And he still looked more promising than Haskins.  

I know you think that matters. i just dont. Saying Cousins looked more promising than Haskins does currently means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things. Their paths here are so different its silly to even compare them. 

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

What is the track record for Qbs with one year starting in college experience?

I dont know...whens the last time the skins drafted a qb that was in college for only one year?