Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would you do IF YOU bought the team???

a0tmike21

Speak to the Redskins fans everywhere around the world, and apologize for what they have been through. 

Hold at least two press conferences each year to speak to the direction of the team. 

Create s culture of professionalism and accountability everywhere in the organization. 

I would change the name, fire anyone from the previous regime, hire the most talented analytics nerds in the world, dump the entire roster, tank for three seasons at a minimum and when ES inevitably runs out of patience, capitalize on the vitriol and move the team to a far cooler city like Toronto.

1.  Fire the entire front office, coaching staff, training staff, and medical staff.  

2. Hire talented people from winning organizations -- not just football organizations -- and give them the authority to do a top-to-bottom audit of all operations, including on the field, off the field, and fan experience operations.

3.  Do what they tell me to do.

4.  Take out a full page add in the Washington Post, and a 30 second commercial during the first quarter of the first game, apologizing for the current state of the team and committing to do better.  I'd ask peoples' patience as things this broken take time to fix, and tell them it might be a year or two before they see any signs of change on the outside, because rot this deep needs to be killed on the inside first. 

5.  At Fedex Field, I would immediately start offering free Metro shuttles from both Morgan Blvd. and a stop on the Orange Line, at my expense.  I'd cut food and drink prices in half.  

6.  I would set aside one corner of the upper deck as a family friendly / strict no cursing / no drunks section, with ushers stationed who are empowered to eject people who create an unfriendly environment.  I'd add an escalator up and down to those sections, and would add a children's play area, Nats Park style, somewhere on the stadium grounds nearby. They have COMPLETELY LOST families at Fedex, and they're not going to come back with the kids who are your future fans unless you give them a reason AND make them believe they'll be safe and their kids won't be exposed to poor behavior (it's why I never brought my kids to games).  I'd also introduce a lovable (non-racist) mascot, Screech / Slapshot style, and get that thing out into the community and to schools to engage with families.  This is something the Nats and Caps get -- you want future fans, you need to grab them young.  You fail to do that, and other teams will get them. 

7.  Two years in, after things were hopefully better, I'd ask former season ticket holders who've given up on the team to come back and give things a try at Fedex Field -- putting my money where my mouth is, by offering them a free set of tickets to a game, a parking pass, and a meal voucher so that they can experience it. 

I would also, eliminate things like homecoming games, and encourage the fan base to come up with a new fight song.    No reason it can't change every few years either.  Maybe we settle on something permanent. 

"We are horrible" could be our temporary one.

No reason we can't make fun of ourselves either. 

The rest of the league is.  Why not our fans.

18 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I was thinking about that. How is it possible that 3 pages in nobody already made a plan regarding cheerleaders...

Obviously I would made it mandatory for them to havee a bust of 36FF at least to be a cheerleader of this team.

3c161496d4975689062b1b162fb848ec.jpg

Fantastic   1And God looked upon all that He had made, and indeed, it was very good.

20 hours ago, Skinsota said:

Speak to the Redskins fans everywhere around the world, and apologize for what they have been through. 

Hold at least two press conferences each year to speak to the direction of the team. 

Create s culture of professionalism and accountability everywhere in the organization. 

LOL - 2 press conferences each year?  How about ONE every FIVE years?  Snyder is such a coward.  He & Allen should have talked to the media/fans numerous times this year to at least pretend to care about this mess of an organization.  Disgraceful.  

1 hour ago, dicksogj said:

LOL - 2 press conferences each year?  How about ONE every FIVE years?  Snyder is such a coward.  He & Allen should have talked to the media/fans numerous times this year to at least pretend to care about this mess of an organization.  Disgraceful.  

If someone ever kidnapped Dan I would not wish any harm on him. 

I would just request that they take him to a microphone and make him take questions from the fans for 4 hours. 

Oh oh and hook him up to lie detector. 

If the thing shows a lie, he will have to stay another hour. For each lie. 

Archived