Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Jets Prediction Thread: The Bowel Bowl pt. 1

skins island connection

Who will win the Bowel Bowl pt. 1 ?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? And, is the winnder the actual losder?

• Redskins
    • Jets
    • I'll be too busy looking for Jeff Bezos in the clubhouse section

Skins - 16

Jets -    13

I got a bad feeling they are going to win a few games and start screwing their draft position.  Allen and Snyder are exceptional at staying slightly below average.  Cue the ESPN 980 soundbyte  "We got to get it turned around today!  Redskins!"    

No dude, you really don't need to turn anything around now.  Looking forward to that LT at pick 4 or 5.  yay...

Jets can’t afford damaging step backward against Redskins

November 11, 2019 | 9:27pm | Updated

The Jets did that. They were relentless, led by safety Jamal Adams, who played the best game of his career, and they fought.

The win was anything but artistic, but the result was what counted. The Jets were just good enough against a Giants team that was a little bit worse than they were.

So, now what?

Next for the Jets is a weakling Redskins team they have to beat if they’re going to show any progress.

It’s a game that, if the Jets don’t win, will render Sunday’s “bragging rights’’ victory over their MetLife Stadium co-tenants meaningless.

The Redskins are not good. They’re one of only two teams in the NFL that actually has scored fewer points (108) than the Jets (130).

The Redskins, who are coming off their bye week, on Monday announced rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins, the 15th pick in the draft, will start Sunday and for the rest of the season.

Haskins has thrown 44 passes over more than eight quarters and hasn’t yet thrown a touchdown pass.

So, suffice it to say that the Redskins are there for the taking, there for the Jets to win a second game in a row for the first time this season.

“We’ve still got a lot of ball left; we’ve only got two wins, so obviously we’re looking to get our third one,’’ safety Marcus Maye said.

“The mindset going into this week is knowing how to get back to work, stay focused and work 10 times as hard as you did the week before to repeat success,’’ linebacker Brandon Copeland said. “That will be huge this week, trying to build and progress as opposed to taking a step backward. To be quite honest, we don’t have any laurels to rest on.’’

Truer words have not been spoken.

A win over Washington would not represent some sort of watershed moment for the Jets. But it would show some semblance of baby-steps consistency after they’d gone a few games (before the win over the Giants) looking inexcusably noncompetitive.

A loss to the Redskins would be a concerning regression for Gase and his program, which already has been on shaky ground, and put the Jets right back where they were before the win over the Giants: in crisis.

Haven’t the Jets already had enough crisis this season?

https://nypost.com/2019/11/11/jets-cant-afford-damaging-step-backward-against-redskins/

image.gif

49 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

The Jets have already beaten the Cowboys and the Giants and both are better than the Redskins.

Jets 20

Redskins 9

This is what i have been telling ...yes, my self and others who say "I think the skins got this unfortunately and will screw up there draft position"..respectfully so...dont worry..the skins ain't got this..I still remember how good they looked against that Dallas defense..maybe it was more the cowboys d was off..I think that's the game the Idaho boy missed too..any way..there'll be alot of happy skins fans after sunday..like I've said before..I believe the skins have won there only game.

My bet is on Haskins looking really good this week. I'm saying 260 and 2TDs. We see a mediocre game from AP but a bug play on a screen from Guice for a TD. And Hentges and Harmon emerge as threats on this offense that need to be accounted for. 

TMac - 4 catches 67 yards

Harmon - 6 catches 103 yards, 1TD

Hentges - 4 catches 43 yards

Guice - 3 catches 47 yards, 1TD

From that I see us putting up a victory 17-10. Questions about the offense are still present but this calms a lot of people down and builds some hope for the future. 

I’m frustrated with this Vernon Davis concussion issue.  We never hear anything all week.  Except it must be pretty serious because he’s scratched before every game.  He could help the offense if he was in there. This team is so ridiculous when it comes to handling and making the public known about players injuries.

The Redskins are in the same position as us — they want to find a way to win games. We don’t want to be their stat or the team to get them going in the right direction. We want to win this game and continue to move forward.’’

Quarterback Dwayne Haskins, the No. 15-overall pick in April’s draft, will make his second start for the Redskins. He has yet to throw a touchdown pass in his career, but he may be able to against a Jets cornerback group that is banged up and has inexperienced players in big roles.

Jets coach Adam Gase received a vote of confidence this week from CEO Christopher Johnson, but he knows a loss to the dismal Redskins won’t look good.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/16/adam-gases-first-shot-to-back-up-jets-trust-will-be-ugly/

The Jets best chance at winning back-to-back games for only the second time in a 31-game span will be to make sure that Adrian Peterson and/or Derrius Guice don’t beat them.

Although Quinnen Williams insists that Peterson is “still that same dominant running back that he was when I was in middle school watching him,” the odds are that Washington will need rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins to carry them in his second career start.

“When you have a rookie quarterback, you try to let the game be run through him,” Jenkins said. “It’s a smart thing to do. Why would you want to let a future Hall of Famer like Adrian Peterson dictate the game or (Derrius) Guice? Just eliminate the one guy with the least experience and let him make or break the game.”

Said Jamal Adams about the prospect of facing an experienced signal caller: “It’s exciting … I’m not going to lie to you. We have to play fundamentally sound against this guy. He wasn’t drafted high for no reason. He can make plays.”

Maybe so, but he hasn’t made very many so far. Haskins still hasn’t thrown a touchdown pass in his career. He’ll be the second of three rookie quarterbacks that Gang Green will face in a four-week span.

This appears to be a great opportunity to rack up a few victories against green quarterbacks.

“If we B.S. around and try to make plays that aren’t ours to make, then the quarterback could scar us up,” Jenkins said. “In my mind, I never count nobody out. As soon as you say, ‘Oh this guy might suck … yada yada yada …’ They look at the film. What are they saying about you? Oh, this guy’s trash. That’s why I don’t try to judge guys. ... You got to show guys respect. They’re in the league for a reason. It’s not a cakewalk here.”

Maybe not, but the Jets are well-positioned to finally put together a winning streak against another hapless opponent.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-washington-advance-20191116-3whvo6kmdzf6fgh6ttcvsp7d34-story.html

For some strange unexplainable reason the Redskins are favored by 2-3 points. Maybe this is why:

Since 2014, favorites that have won one or zero games in Week 8 or later are 1-9 ATS and 2-8 straight up with six straight outright losses.

Yep, we're definitely losing. Not that anybody will be surprised.

Head: Redskins 17, Jets 14

The Redskins are pathetic and so are the Jets. This will be a game of absolute frustration. Culminating with a Redskins win in the standings, but a loss in the overall scheme of things.

Gut: Jets 21, Redskins 20

The Redskins rookies and younguns (Haskins, McLaurin and Guice) show up on offense but ultimately fail to score on the last possession in order to win the game...on purpose?

Liver: Redskins 35, Jets 17

Redskins actually look like a competent team throughout and are surprisingly efficient on offense, while being satisfyingly stingy on defense. Yay, a solid win, but a solid LOSS in the draft sweepstakes...

With Haskins having now had three straight weeks as the team's leader in practice, Guice finally back out there, along with a fortnight to gameplan for the Jets, the Redskins win today in the first of back-to-back home wins to round out November. 

With the 'usual suspects' screaming louder than most 'but it's only the Jets!' Like ANY win in this league is easy to come by. 

30-17 Redskins. 

Hail. 

The Jets are a bad team for a reason, they lose most of their games for a reason.  But its funny to read the NY papers basically talk about our team the same way.  So I think this will be a dog fight with 2 bad teams playing on equal plane similar to our match up to the Dolphins and the Jets-Dolphins matchup, too.

It's impossible for me to root for the team to lose in real time while am watching a game.  But when its over and if they lose, I wouldn't be upset.  Eye on the prize below. 

That's where I'm at sip...in real time root for the skins to win hope they do good...get to celebrate td's good plays...but if they lose there that much closer to the prize..

Again im not a huge haskins lover..I dont even watch college ball...but hes the qb of my favorite team so I'll support him...I pray he works out and we can put the whole continuing to look for a franchise qb to bed.

8 hours ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Head: Redskins 17, Jets 14

The Redskins are pathetic and so are the Jets. This will be a game of absolute frustration. Culminating with a Redskins win in the standings, but a loss in the overall scheme of things.

Gut: Jets 21, Redskins 20

The Redskins rookies and younguns (Haskins, McLaurin and Guice) show up on offense but ultimately fail to score on the last possession in order to win the game...on purpose?

Liver: Redskins 35, Jets 17

Redskins actually look like a competent team throughout and are surprisingly efficient on offense, while being satisfyingly stingy on defense. Yay, a solid win, but a solid LOSS in the draft sweepstakes...

Haven't seen ya do one of these in a bit...let's hope your liver is right lol

Worst case scenario to me is that the defense wins this game for us with a random pick 6 and/or random big turnovers in general.  I think if we won due to a big game from Haskins, I could stomach it, even though it means we likely miss out on Young.  But the defense choosing Week 11 to start turning it on and making big plays would have me rolling my eyes in disgust. 

Archived