ConnSKINS26

SI: Bezos & Amazon Want In ...On the Redskins?

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

As much as I despise Snyder/Allen, the possibility of him selling the team to Bezos or ANY other billionaire doesn't sound appealing in any way to me.

The only people that can afford NFL teams are billionaires. 

Dan has proven time and time again, the only thing he's good at is gouging people in order to make a profit, and peddling his other business ventures.  His only real success (the telecom company) was more due to economic conditions, than his own ability.  Pretty much everything else he's touched, has been an abject failure.  Sure, he can come in and make decisions to raise prices on everything, and realize an immediate return. But as he's shown time and time again he's clueless on the operational aspects of running a business.  

At least with Bezos, we know he can oversee a complex business process.  And since that's his breadwinner, he's less likely to meddle or impose his will on a football team.  

And the stadium issue is no more, because every municipality is lining up to do business with him, or he could easily fund his own site.  He could leverage Prime to show games and offer the NFL an alternative to the cable TV model.

I'd gladly exchange Dan and the team name for Bezos if it came down to it, because Dan's shown nothing in the first 20 years to indicate that he can oversee a football team competently, let alone contend.  And unless he wants out, we could easily be in for 40 more years of the same.  He hasn't been a good steward of the franchise.  Regardless of my dislike for where we are as a team, Bezos is as ideal of a fresh start as we could ever hope for.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

2. Possibility of the team moving? Another Colts coup in the makings? There is a chance Bezos could move the team to another city, even across the pond. Nothing about that sounds appealing in any way shape or form.

Who knows ?

Edited by FrFan

The guy we want to swoop in and fix our culture is the guy whose company has a culture of employees pissing in bottles because they're too terrified to take bathroom breaks while in the clock?

If you think we've got a major problem with people undermining the organization to try and save their jobs, what do you imagine it'll be like if we get some of that sweet Amazon corporate culture built in?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

My deep seated loathing of Jeff Bezos aside - yeah, sure, fine. I'll take him any day over Dan Snyder. The man basically owns everything anyway - there's no escaping putting money in his wallet so might as well. 

Yall need to keep in mind hes not paying taxes and got NOVA to pay him to put HQ2 there.  He can build his own stadium, but he wont.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The guy we want to swoop in and fix our culture is the guy whose company has a culture of employees pissing in bottles because they're too terrified to take bathroom breaks while in the clock?

This is very relevant to my aforementioned, deep seated loathing for Jeff Bezos. 

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think we can agree that most billionaires can be attached to ethically questionable decision making.  At least Bezos has a vision, and business acumen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read the article to mean he wants to be a sponsor and not the owner.   If this is true this is bad news for fans because this enables Snyder to stay as owner

much longer and use Bezos money to help fund a new stadium.   I hope this is just a rumor and not true.   If it is about Bezos becoming the owner and Snyder 

leaving then of course most Skins fans would like the move.   Do not get too excited about this announcement.   Another marketing gimmick by Snyder to fool the fans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I read the article to mean he wants to be a sponsor and not the owner.   If this is true this is bad news for fans because this enables Snyder to stay as owner

much longer and use Bezos money to help fund a new stadium.   I hope this is just a rumor and not true.   If it is about Bezos becoming the owner and Snyder 

leaving then of course most Skins fans would like the move.   Do not get too excited about this announcement.   Another marketing gimmick by Snyder to fool the fans.

Last thing I'd want is for him to come in, and partner with Dan.  It'd give Dan a level of credibility he doesn't deserve. 

More likely, because things never go our way as of late, he'll just buy the Seahawks and transform the NFL's business processes without any particular benefit to us.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I seriously doubt the guy would run his football team like how an Amazon fulfillment center is being run lmfao!!!

They have a famously awful corporate culture too.

Redskins fans are thinking this would be a devil you don't know situation when Bezos is absolutely a devil we know about.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, megared said:

I think we can agree that most billionaires can be attached to ethically questionable decision making.  At least Bezos has a vision, and business acumen.

So did the prescription opioid companies, Exxon, Koch Brothers... I can keep going, but dont want to get banned for doing this in wrong forum.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If you think we've got a major problem with people undermining the organization to try and save their jobs, what do you imagine it'll be like if we get some of that sweet Amazon corporate culture built in?

Does this mean we'll have tougher practices and hold players and coaches accountable if they don't meet standards? 

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They have a famously awful corporate culture too.

Redskins fans are thinking this would be a devil you don't know situation when Bezos is absolutely a devil we know about.

Toxic for different reasons...

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Does this mean we'll have tougher practices and hold players and coaches accountable if they don't meet standards? 

When winning is all that matters, you stand to lose a lot.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yall need to keep in mind hes not paying taxes and got NOVA to pay him to put HQ2 there.  He can build his own stadium, but he wont.

But his business model would probably be vastly different from Dan's. 

When Dan approaches cities/counties, you know he wants an undeveloped tract of land, so he can build his hermit kingdom.  There will be no economic development in the immediate area, because Dan will run off every other business that does something he can offer at more inflated prices. 

Could you really see Dan putting a stadium in National Harbor or anywhere else where he may have to share your disposal income with other businesses?  Where you don't have to pay his exorbitant parking fees?  Where you can eat and drink without a dime going to him?

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So did the prescription opioid companies, Exxon, Koch Brothers... I can keep going, but dont want to get banned for doing this in wrong forum.

So you wanna stick with the guy that still does ****ty things, AND has zero business acumen?  Dan the benevolent billionaire...I think I've heard it all now.  

Edited by megared

23 minutes ago, megared said:

But his business model would probably be vastly different from Dan's. 

When Dan approaches cities/counties, you know he wants an undeveloped tract of land, so he can build his hermit kingdom.  There will be no economic development in the immediate area, because Dan will run off every other business that does something he can offer at more inflated prices. 

Could you really see Dan putting a stadium in National Harbor or anywhere else where he may have to share your disposal income with other businesses?  Where you don't have to pay his exorbitant parking fees?  Where you can eat and drink without a dime going to him?

Hes trying to get the RFK site priority, and will settle for land elsewhere to get out of FedEx.  RFK site is not in middle of nowhere.

23 minutes ago, megared said:

So you wanna stick with the guy that still does ****ty things, AND has zero business acumen?  Dan the benevolent billionaire...I think I've heard it all now.  

Dont put words in my mouth, not when i start too threads on how to get rid of him.

What I'm saying is why i wanted to separate Dan selling the team from no public funds for a stadium.  We are better off trying to get him to sell first, then when the time comes for the stadium block public funding, because no one will buy this team if they have to pay the whole costs for the stadium, especially Bezos.  I expect him to condition the sale on getting public funds for the stadium, that's what he did with HQ2.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hes trying to get the RFK site priority, and will settle for land elsewhere to get out of FedEx.  RFK site is not in middle of nowhere.

DC still has to get Congress on board to change the designation of the land.  And while the mayor is for it, DC Council remains opposed to use the land for that purpose.   

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Dont put words in my mouth, not when i start too threads on how to get rid of him.

What I'm saying is why i wanted to separate Dan selling the team from no public funds for a stadium.  We are better off trying to get him to sell first, then when the time comes for the stadium block public funding, because no one will buy this team if they have to pay the whole costs for the stadium, especially Bezos.  I expect him to condition the sale on getting public funds for the stadium, that's what he did with HQ2.

Here's the problem.  If you realize Dan's the issue, how can you not realize virtually anyone would be an upgrade?  We have 20 years of supporting evidence.  

The only difference between Dan and those other billionaires, is that Dan hasn't had the opportunity to be unethical on the same level.  But he's proven, he's no more likely to be guided by a sense of moral obligation. 

He's a laughingstock amongst other owners.  To go from that, to instantly having the most powerful owner in the NFL would be the answer to our dreams (and current nightmare).  

Jeff Bezos has negotiation leverage that Dan could only dream of.  People would bend over backwards to work with him, because there may be some ancillary Amazon money they could stand to benefit from.  What does Dan bring?  Dick Clark Productions?  Lol.  

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

As much as I despise Snyder/Allen, the possibility of him selling the team to Bezos or ANY other billionaire doesn't sound appealing in any way to me.

1. Possibility of a name change; ok, so everything Redskins-related is no longer viable, and fans will have a bunch of memorabilia of a team that does not exist, doesn't represent the team, and could possibly not end up being the correct color scheme, if the new owner decides to change the name/logo/colors.

2. Possibility of the team moving? Another Colts coup in the makings? There is a chance Bezos could move the team to another city, even across the pond. Nothing about that sounds appealing in any way shape or form.

Maybe I'm on the minority side of this, but this team is the Washington Redskins; not the London Tea-sippers, St.Louis Archers, or any other city/name. This is the team that I grew up loving as a child, following and sticking with through thick and thin, and any change, whether its moving to a new city or changing the name, will not be the team that I've followed for damn near 50 years. Some may be ok with this, and hey, to each their own, but IMO changing anything about the location/name/colors of this team would be the end of a very proud and storied franchise, and that isn't something I can follow.

Bezos might be in favor of this, because it will mean more money from fans replacing their team-related items, jerseys, caps, cards, banners, and everything else related. So do fans of the Redskins just pack their stuff into boxes and throw it in the attic or give it to Goodwill? Change always sounds great, until the reality of change affects them financially and/or negatively, and at that point its too late...

SIC

unfortunately only billionaires can afford the Skins right not unless we got several borderline billionaires to team up

As for moving, Bezos owns a Washington paper, is planning on building a big hub for his business in the area and would probably like to be near the political heart of the country with the anti-billionaire politcal landscape setting up

• Like 2

In all for it...buy the team Bezos.

Change the name to the Washington Wari or Washington Kulina..

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, megared said:

DC still has to get Congress on board to change the designation of the land.  And while the mayor is for it, DC Council remains opposed to use the land for that purpose.   

Not all of DC council.  We have until 2027 for congress to give the land to DC, which is what DC wants, not jus changing what it's for.  Congress is more distracted then resistant right now.

12 minutes ago, megared said:

Here's the problem.  If you realize Dan's the issue, how can you not realize virtually anyone would be an upgrade?  We have 20 years of supporting evidence.  

The only difference between Dan and those other billionaires, is that Dan hasn't had the opportunity to be unethical on the same level.  But he's proven, he's no more likely to be guided by a sense of moral obligation. 

He's a laughingstock amongst other owners.  To go from that, to instantly having the most powerful owner in the NFL would be the answer to our dreams (and current nightmare).  

Jeff Bezos has negotiation leverage that Dan could only dream of.  People would bend over backwards to work with him, because there may be some ancillary Amazon money they could stand to benefit from.  What does Dan bring?  Dick Clark Productions?  Lol.  

Bezos doesnt negotiate, he plays with the upper hand and intimidates while convincing governments they need him more the he needs them.

This anyone is better arguement is desperate.  Show of hands who'd like Angelos to own the Redskins?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, megared said:

HERE's the problem.  The bolded statement is absolutely not true.  There are other laughing stock owners in this league, proving that it's not hard at all to find owners that are just as bad if not worse than Dan (looking at Brown in Cincy).  Sure, getting rid of Snyder would be great, but not just to have anyone come in and take over primary ownership.  There are a LOT of people out there that would not be an upgrade, and could even make things worse, and this is a person who has proven that he may be even worse.  People want to knock Snyder for caring only about the bottom dollar.  Well, Bezos is even more of a douche bag in that department.  Removing Snyder for another, richer and more head-strong Snyder isn't the answer, and would lead to more decades of waiting for our owner to learn how to own an NFL franchise, blah, blah, blah.  Put me down as a "No ****ing thank you!"

• Like 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

Angelos is just an old man version of Snyder so that argument is invalid. 

That's the point.  There are a lot of those guys out there, so saying and wishing for anyone but Snyder to own the team is only asking for more misery as a fan.  Change for change sake will only lead to disaster.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Not all of DC council.  We have until 2027 for congress to give the land to DC, which is what DC wants, not jus changing what it's for.  Congress is more distracted then resistant right now.

So under this scenario of a new stadium, you do realize Dan would have to put up his own money, correct?  They have zero appetite to use taxpayer dollars beyond infrastructure improvements to the area.  Is Dan even liquid enough to do that?  

If Dan stays owner, I'm predicting they're staying put, in Landover.  

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Bezos doesnt negotiate, he plays with the upper hand and intimidates while convincing governments they need him more the he needs them.

This anyone is better arguement is desperate.  Show of hands who'd like Angelos to own the Redskins?

Lol...that's what negotiating IS.  We're talking about Bezos here, because that's the rumor.