Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dream scenario

bakedtater1

I used to be a win at all costs kind of guy. I didn’t want to be labeled as the worst team ever by going 0-16 and I didn’t want to ruin the culture for the younger guys. Additionally l, I don’t think tanking is worth it for 1 star prospect..

Well the browns went 0-16 a couple years ago and unlike what Bruce Allen says, the culture here is already as bad as it gets. We are a perennial bad to worst team in the league and our most talented players are always injured or don’t want to play. It doesn’t get much worse.

My dream is losing out (though we may have already screwed that up with Miami). This would ensure that Bruce Allen and his ego sees the door. 

additionally, this year represents a unique draft situation. If we finish 1st or 2nd in draft order we could realistically trade down to the 3rd spot, still get the best player in the draft (chase young), and have a boatload of picks with which to repopulate the roster.

We we would be lined up for several high draft picks; this has never happened in the nfl.

This is would also make Washington a more desirable coaching destination.

We could use 2020 to shed all of our albatross contracts and possibly get a pick for Trent (both of these options should have been exercised at the beginning of the year).

Frankly, under Snyder, the only thing we haven’t attempted is the aforementioned strategy, a real reset with a stockpile of high draft picks, which at a minimum, will increase our odds at having a successful reboot.

Maybe after a couple seasons of only 2-3 game win seasons would snyder fire allen..I couldn't stand another season or three like this

I guess asking for even 8-8 seasons would only keep Allen around longer though eh?...ya that would suck..so I guees who ever this new coach is makes the decision and the decision is to do what the above poster mentioned and trade down to stock pile picks....

Dream scenario:

2013 Scarlett Johansson and Margot Robbie console me after every Redskins loss by getting drunk and having their way with me; in which case I would probably care less if the Redskins ever won another game.

Nightmare scenario: Scarlett and Margot both just came from Bruce Allen's house, scratching from crabs and having visible scabs in the most important areas, and they lock the doors and begin chasing me.

{ FWIW } I'd probably end up like Shorty Meeks {Scary Movie 2} and the ghost in the closet... 😖

Dream Scenario:

Tom Brady expresses his dislike of playing for Kraft and the Patriots... and seeks a trade after winning the Super Bowl this season.  Snyder makes the biggest trade in the history of the NFL by releasing all of his draft picks for the next two years.

Nightmare Scenario:

Tom develops a "Jordan Reed" type toe injury during pre-season and opts to not play through the immense pain.  When he finally makes his first start as a Redskins in Game 7, he is blitzed by Sua Cravens and [cheaply] hit at below knees leading to a gruesome compound injury that resemble's Theisman/LT.  Giselle barfs into to her nachos.  Brady retires.  And the Skins have no draft pics for two years.

That would be SOOOO REDSKINS that it wouldn't surprise me...  except for Giselle barfing.

Dream Scenario:  I finally come to the realization that nothing will change as long as Danny remains the owner of the Redskins.

Nightmare Scenario:  I deceive myself into believing the Redskins will achieve relevance again even with Danny as the owner.

I am sort of locked into the nightmare scenario with the old,  "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile" guiding my thinking.    

My dream situation is to get into a time machine and go back to 1981. I would like to relive the entire Gibbs era from an adult perspective. I was 15 in 1981. I wish I could relive a ten year period where the Skins go to 4 super bowls and win 3 as an adult beverage consuming man.

My nightmare/ ground hog day has continued for the last 21 years and will never go away. Every morning I wake up and the Skins still suck. Thanks for the memories Danny boy.

Dream scenario - Dan sells the team or loses it somehow and we get a new owner.  Since that won't happen............Dan holds a press conference admitting that he has screwed up and it starts at the top with him and the FO and that he failed the fans and wants to make it right and bring the franchise back to what it used to be.  Then he cleans house in the front office and hires competent replacements with very few or no ties to the organization (VP/Pres, GM, etc.). 

And he lets the GM hire the head coach.  And the head coach works with the GM and hire the O and D coordinators, skill position coaches, etc.  The GM works with the head coach for the drafts/FA, etc.  Dan signs the checks and stops interfering in football related maters that he knows nothing about.  Surround himself with good football minded people and let them do all the work.

I don't care about ownership, or who coaches or who the front office is. All that stuff is secondary. I honestly miss the (early) Norv Turner days. I just want my team not to be a laughing stock. I want to be able to talk about my football team without it being about some backstabbing story, be it Trent, or Kirk, or Scot, or Sua, or AP, or Gruden, or Shanahan, or Zorn, or CP, or Lavar, or Gregg Williams, its so exhausting. I don't care about wins and losses any more. I just care about being able to talk football and root for a football team without having to feel like I'm defending pure evil. 

Can Dan just wake up one day and have a normal team? 

Dream scenario they win a couple of games? Um... they barely  beat Miami who is the worst team. I'm with many here... the best scenario is Dan sells the team or moves it and a couple years later we get a franchise team. but don't hold your breath. Second best scenario we need to find Dan something else to keep his mind occupied so he stops playing fantasy football with the team. Let the coach get the players he needs and run the team. 

3rd and maybe best scenario we cold hope for.... Bruce is relegated to work on the new stadium only no say in team everyday activity other then working on contracts and CAP space. Dan hires a real GM, and a decent coach and Dan stays the hech away from the team and lets them get their act together. 

Dream scenario: the redskins FINALLY win a super bowl so i can get hammered with all of you at the parade. Guaranteed, whenever that happens (NO, I’m not saying any time soon, so don’t try to put words in my mouth ya idiots :P), I’ll buy 5 huge handles of captain Morgan and get each and every one of you ******* drunk 👌🏻 

On 11/7/2019 at 2:40 PM, Riggo-toni said:

Snyder sells to Jeff Bezos. Salary cap goes away and the world's richest man owns the team. Bruce Allen is caught passed out drunk and nekkid in the sheep corral of a family farm. Photos go viral.

#brucifer

#princeofdimness

#bruceallenpreferssheep

What do you get when you cross Bruce Allen with a pig?

Nothing. Some things even pigs won't do.

He's not longer the worlds richest man after amazon stock plummeted lol, that honor goes back to good ol bill gates.

Realistic dream scenario is more of pure wishful thinking but it has to start with Haskins proving that he is a legit winning NFL QB. That is the only immediate hope for any kind of success and should become obvious one way or the other this year or the team will have to go QB shopping again in the off season. Long term success will only be achieved when Snyder sells the team to spend more time with his family because running an NFL franchise is simply taking too much of his time.

Dream scenario, a wild-eyed scientist in a flying DeLorean explodes onto the street in front of my house from another plane of existence, twin fire trails scorching the pavement behind the rear wheels.  He calls me Marty for some reason, I think he might have dementia.  Anyway, he pulls me towards the car and says, "quick Marty, we have to go back to 1997!  We have to convince your former self not to be a Redskins fan, or you will cause a paradox that will unravel the fabric of existence!" Well I didn't have much to do anyway, so we hop in the car, grab a few 40s, and travel back in time, having a series of incredible adventures that culminate with me telling my former self not to get involved with this awful team.

Then we go back to like 1885 and I invent the Frisbee or something and make like a million dollars.

Edit : dammit I didn't read the thread, there's already like ten people who had this idea first.  Well screw it, I'm leaving it up.  Guess I'm not as clever as I thought 

Dream scenario -  the team that showed up in the first half of game 1 at Philadelphia continues to show up week after week all season long

Nightmare scenario - the season starts falling apart in the second half of game 2 vs.Dallas and never gets back on track , forced to play out the string 

28 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

The sad thing is, the 'good' dreams never last long enough and you never have control of your emotion,

The REALLY bad thing is nightmares last much longer and have a more negative impact on the human psyche in real life.

So this particular situation is definitely a nightmare.

Like the vividly real nightmares I've been having of being in war and our state was under attack sometimes I have plenty of guns and ammo this most recent one I didn't...sooo crazy

Archived