Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Thread: Redskins @ Buffalo Bills

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I have a feeling many teams play us that way this season. Like a glorified practice where they can test out some new wrinkles in their offenses and defenses and see what happens without having to worry too much if the result isn't too good because all they have to do is score over 10 points and they're likely to win anyway.

Highly probable.

All they'll have to do if we bring some ressemblance of resistance of any kind is put on the gas a little bit more to smoke us. At the very least, GB, Philadelphia and Dallas will do it. December's gonna be real boring.

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends, don’t turn this into a “Facebook is dumb” thing. No. This is about a complete moron who actually thinks the bills cheated 😂😂😂 

Of course the Bills cheated' man.

They played the Redskins!

Edited by Wildbunny
1 minute ago, Santana_89 said:

Who said firing Bruce is the magic fix? He is inept and that alone is why he should have been fired at least 4 years ago. Obviously firing Bruce won't cure all the woes, but it does get that clown and his energy out the building. How is that a bad thing? Maybe not seeing his stupid face will be a relief to those in direct contact with him. 

No matter what off season changes are made, or how applauded they might be for their draft picks in 2020, most fans still aren't going to be excited and buy season tickets or fill Fed Ex field every week until they build a winning football culture on the field.

That’s why I said casual fans. A lot will assume that things will instantly change the moment Bruce is gone. If we fire him and still lose say 7 of the next 8, that’s not going to make a lot of people excited. BUT. We go 2-14 and THEN fire Bruce and put in a new regime, that in itself will make people excited.

1 minute ago, TommyWilson said:

I'd be surprised if Kevin is actually calling plays.  These game plans have Callahan written all over them, even if Kevin is calling which run to go with 

Fair point. Then that's a mistake from the FO. You need to see if Haskins is good and if Kevin is real. Bill is just a rental no need to test drive that car...

• Like 1
Just now, PartyPosse said:

That’s why I said casual fans. A lot will assume that things will instantly change the moment Bruce is gone. If we fire him and still lose say 7 of the next 8, that’s not going to make a lot of people excited. BUT. We go 2-14 and THEN fire Bruce and put in a new regime, that in itself will make people excited.

Disagree. I stand by what I said it is never a bad time to fire Bruce Allen. Have a good evening.

4 minutes ago, TommyWilson said:

I'd be surprised if Kevin is actually calling plays.  These game plans have Callahan written all over them, even if Kevin is calling which run to go with 

Agreed. These game plans and plays have Callahan's hand prints all over them. KOC may actually get to call in some of the plays, but even then I'm guessing he's limited by what Callahan has put on the play sheet, unless somehow a 34 year old up and coming QB coach and now OC somehow believes that the way to win in 2019 is pretending it's actually 1982, which I sort of doubt. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Haskins looked fine. Not sure why the team has been so scared to play him. He just needs reps. 

Yeah i guess no td's 144 yrds and not being able to blame the qb for losing the game ranks as fine.

1 hour ago, Fred Jones said:

Well, AP got 100 plus, so at least something went well.

umm 100 in the first half 8 in the second so...and 0 td's

1 minute ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

Yeah i guess no td's 144 yrds and not being able to blame the qb for losing the game ranks as fine.

I'm just saying he wasn't so bad that it justified the skins being terrified about playing him. He's a rookie, a particularly raw one. He needs reps and the team is going nowhere this season. Makes absolutely no sense to play Keenum -- who wasn't exactly lighting it up himself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I'm just saying he wasn't so bad that it justified the skins being terrified about playing him. He's a rookie, a particularly raw one. He needs reps and the team is going nowhere this season. Makes absolutely no sense to play Keenum -- who wasn't exactly lighting it up himself.

Ok but for me i will just say it could have been worse not he played fine

Edited by skinsfan35yrs.
7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Agreed. These game plans and plays have Callahan's hand prints all over them. KOC may actually get to call in some of the plays, but even then I'm guessing he's limited by what Callahan has put on the play sheet, unless somehow a 34 year old up and coming QB coach and now OC somehow believes that the way to win in 2019 is pretending it's actually 1982, which I sort of doubt. 

I was a fan of this weeks play calls. I do wish we had at least one deep shot in it, but I knew that Buffalo had a team weak against the run and good against the pass. Add to that the fact that we're playing a rooking and trying to build his confidence, and have a no name WR crew, no real TEs, and no real RB to catch the ball and I can't see anything more than a heavy dose of AP, short passes and hopes for some broken tackles

10 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

For a very raw rookie QB playing in his first NFL start and who's still learning the game and adjusting (as well as playing against an excellent pass defense) I'd say he was fine. The main thing I wanted to see was progress and he showed that IMO. He cut down drastically on his mistakes, didn't force things, was pretty efficient, made a few very nice throws, also missed a few. I wasn't expecting him to come out and throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs. I just wanted to see improvement, and I saw that. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, mistertim said:

****ing idiotic. I think Haskins did pretty well today considering it was his first start and that the play calling was atrocious. Nothing amazing but he limited his mistakes, was pretty efficient, and made a few nice throws. I saw a good amount of improvement over his previous outings which is really all I was looking for.

He did better, he also wasn’t asked to do much, but was able to function the offense.  I’d like to see improvement week to week rather than not giving him that opportunity.

There is a good chance that this is a Bill/Bruce/Dan conversation and clearly there’s no way that conversation could have taken place.  So there is the chance after the lack-of-brain trust gets together they decide to do the smart thing.  But I’m not going to hold my breath on that.  

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

But yeah, let's not let our rookie QB continue to develop, let's trot out the semi-injured completely mediocre QB who probably won't even be here next season in the hopes that we might eke out one or two more wins and get ourselves in a position to miss out on the best draft prospects for no reason whatsoever. 

I think what Bill and Bruce are desperately trying to do is convince both themselves and Dan that they are actually close, and if they could go 4-4 down the stretch, that it makes sense to bring everyone back, re-sign Keenum and hope Alex is healthy.  And give it another run next year with the QB Bruce traded for.  Case would be insurance and Haskins would be the development guy.

The problem is that while they are desperately trying to win, they’re not. And part of that is roster and part of that is there is a reason Callahan has been an OL coach for so long.  KO doesn’t seem to be boy wonder, or if he is he’s boy wonder who’s not being allowed to be boy wonder. The defense is horribly coached.  But they aren’t going to fix that.  

So, the best we can hope for is the plan of convincing everybody they’re close is an abject failure and Dan has no choice but to step in and do SOMETHING.  Anything.  Just change something something.  

Because I bet the change would be to throw gobs of money and power at a big name coach and push Bruce out of football ops.  

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

If the Redskins brain trust (I use the term loosely) decide to start Keenum after the bye everyone concerned should be fired for cause.

I really wonder if the Keenum thing is truly Callahan wanting him to start or is more Bruce pushing for him in some desperate attempt to keep his job and convince Dan that he hasn't been the complete and utter ****up that he's shown himself to be for almost a decade now. If we go 1-15 or 2-14 and Allen doesn't get the boot then there's simply no hope. At that point it would be obvious that there's basically nothing at all he can do to get himself canned. 

• Like 1

We are making history at least.  It's going to make the quest for a TD much juicier in 2 weeks.  They got 2 weeks to game plan for it. 

The Redskins made franchise history on Sunday against the Bills. The kind of franchise history no franchise ever hopes to make. 

For the third consecutive game, Washington failed to score a touchdown. They had never done that before Weeks 7-9 of the 2019 season. They’ve existed since 1932. 

The last time someone in Burgundy and Gold carried a football into the magical land known as the end zone was Week 6 in Miami, when Terry McLaurin caught a TD versus the Dolphins. He got six points for it. It was cool. Everyone enjoyed it. 

Sadly, that hasn’t happened since. 

Bill Callahan called it all “frustrating”. Adrian Peterson told reporters his heart hurts, knowing the team’s defense is fighting to keep the squad in games but the offense isn’t pitching in. Paul Richardson sounded very fed up about it as well. 

Unfortunately, the drought won’t come to an end next week, but that’s due to a technicality. The Redskins are now on their bye, and will return to take on the Jets in Week 11. 

Maybe then, they will mercifully solve their woes. Or maybe not. Maybe they’ll just keep kicking field goals. The three-pointer is all the rage in the NBA, after all. Perhaps the Redskins are trying to bring it to the NFL. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 2
43 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

They talked about Kevin O'Connell as a potential star/head coach. His play calling has been meh, thought today was very bad. We play to save and the redzone plays are low percentage plays.

In fairness to O'Connell, I don't think he has complete freedom to call his game.

Callahan has made it clear since taking over for Gruden, that he wants to run, run run the ball. After that, he wants to run it some more.

O'Connell is probably somewhat hand tied by that gameplan.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

In fairness to O'Connell, I don't think he has complete freedom to call his game.

Callahan has made it clear since taking over for Gruden, that he wants to run, run run the ball. After that, he wants to run it some more.

O'Connell is probably somewhat hand tied by that gameplan.

in the game conditions in a somewhat close game (one score until mid way through 4th quarter) with a rookie making his first start I have zero issues with today’s play calling.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

P-Rich must have missed that Equilibrium dosage. No worries, I'm sure he'll be back on that company line next time we hear from him

As much as I agree with his quote, he's the one who dropped a TD pass that would have at lease kept the game close. 

• Like 1