Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Thread: Redskins @ Buffalo Bills

1 minute ago, sempre_victrix said:

The defense was getting run over like a herd of rabbits living next to a super highway. I haven’t seen such lousy tackling in years. 

I think overall the defense played ok. Had some nice high points and some bad low points. Then again, the Bills also seemed to be competing with us for the "Who can call the worse offensive game" award, so there's that. Some of their plays were truly mind-boggling. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I think overall the defense played ok. Had some nice high points and some bad low points. Then again, the Bills also seemed to be competing with us for the "Who can call the worse offensive game" award, so there's that. Some of their plays were truly mind-boggling. 

I think they played it scrimmage like.

As Finlay said it, we're seemingly playing to keep the game close. Not to win it. So no need for the opponent to be stressed. They can just relax, score a TD here and there and they'll get the win.

• Like 3
Just now, Wildbunny said:

As Finlay said it, we're seemingly playing to keep the game close. Not to win it. So no need for the opponent to be stressed. They can just relax, score a TD here and there and they'll get the win.

To me, it’s the Callahan mentality.  They’ve taken on his personality.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I don't know the record, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the 1977 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

According to Wikipedia, they only scored eleven touchdowns that year.

Man this tampa connection ist getting out of hand

Edited by Panninho
  • Haha 4

This is the most hilarious accidental tanking in progress I've ever seen. We're running the clock out on the season, convinced it gives us the best chance to win, and I love it (as long as it leads toan embarrassing 1-15 and no more Bruce Allen). 

AP looks like an absolute beast and we still have no chance at all because you can't run the ball to victory playing from 2-3 scores back. And yet we try to do it. It's guffaw-worthy. 

17-24 points scored on us is insurmountable. In 2019! We can run the hell out of the ball in the first half and still not score a single TD. Our defense has to play a perfect game (lol) and we can't have any turnovers. And even still we would probably lose. 

The team may feel more competent because it's a slow death each week instead of a boat race, but make no mistake--these games are just as out of reach as they were under Gruden. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So, according to some idiot I’m fb friends with, the bills “cheated” today. He cries “cheating!!! Cheating!!!” whenever one of his teams loses. Nah, pretty sure the skins just suck. His logic is “every team has cheated”. Yeah...ok...sure.....

WHY are some people complete morons??????? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Santana_89 said:

There is never a wrong time to fire Bruce Allen. It would actually do wonders for the morale of the fan base (specifically me).

Disagree. I think a lot of casual fans have bought into this narrative that once Bruce is gone the team and the culture (lol) will instantly get better. Fans will show up but the reality is the same ****ty product will still be on the field and the team will still look inept. Casual fans will he completely put off by this and just not show up. Wait til offseason, wipe the slate clean, make smart decisions and get Those casual fans excited again about the team. In terms of season tickets that’s the best chance Dan has to convince people to renew.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is the most hilarious accidental tanking in progress I've ever seen. We're running the clock out on the season, convinced it gives us the best chance to win, and I love it (as long as it leads toan embarrassing 1-15 and no more Bruce Allen). 

AP looks like an absolute beast and we still have no chance at all because you can't run the ball to victory playing from 2-3 scores back. And yet we try to do it. It's guffaw-worthy. 

17-24 points scored on us is insurmountable. In 2019! We can run the hell out of the ball in the first half and still not score a single TD. Our defense has to play a perfect game (lol) and we can't have any turnovers. And even still we would probably lose. 

The team may feel more competent because it's a slow death each week instead of a boat race, but make no mistake--these games are just as out of reach as they were under Gruden. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, according to some idiot I’m fb friends with, the bills “cheated” today. He cries “cheating!!! Cheating!!!” whenever one of his teams loses. Nah, pretty sure the skins just suck. His logic is “every team has cheated”. Yeah...ok...sure.....

The Bills DID CHEAT!

They made halftime adjustments and everyone knows that's against the rules. But the refs didn't call them for it, which is bull****. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You're the one on Facebook in 2019 my man. Doing it to yourself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

--these games are just as out of reach as they were under Gruden. 

If Gruden had 100 from AP in the first half he most definitely would have won this game with his boy Colt starting.

When you can run for that many yards and do absolutely nothing passing it means that your QB sucks. They didn't call anything for him because they already know he's going to throw up Pick 6s like they are Halloween candy.

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I think they played it scrimmage like.

I have a feeling many teams play us that way this season. Like a glorified practice where they can test out some new wrinkles in their offenses and defenses and see what happens without having to worry too much if the result isn't too good because all they have to do is score over 10 points and they're likely to win anyway.

They talked about Kevin O'Connell as a potential star/head coach. His play calling has been meh, thought today was very bad. We play to save and the redzone plays are low percentage plays.

I'm okay with forcing the run more but where is the deep shot to scary Terry? We can agree that Gruden had his flaws but after the 4th down stop I'm pretty sure he would have forced a deep shot. You want to give them an uppercut. We just play to save.

I'm sorry I have not been active this year but it's a pure train wreck. I don't need ES to fuel my frustration. Trip to Washington D.C. was amazing :)

• Like 3

Ok, I liked what I saw from Haskins, especially considering that it was on par with what we've been doing pass wise since Cal took over, and Buffalo is a really good pass defense. I do think he missed some opportunities, there was a deep ball pointed out that he could have hit TMac on, but he went to Quinn instead.

But what I liked the most was how open the pass offense seemed. Even with throws 15 yards or less, we were using that whole 15 yards. The announcers kept pointing out that Haskins could throw it outside the numbers and we were seeing that. It was also Richardson's second best game this season (with 42 yards). But he wound up hitting 8 different guys and while none was for anything big, the thing I said I would judge him the most by is keeping drives alive.

And we had a bad stat for the most part of the game going 0-4 or 0-5 on third downs. But We also had that first drive 3 and out and that last drive before the 2 minute warning that was a 3 and out, other than that we got a first down on every drive. A lot of that was AP but in the second half it was a lot more Haskins.

It wasn't quite reminicant of Alex Smith to me because we were going to our WRs more, but it did have that feel a bit to me. Nice block to build on. 

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You're the one on Facebook in 2019 my man. Doing it to yourself.

I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends, don’t turn this into a “Facebook is dumb” thing. No. This is about a complete moron who actually thinks the bills cheated 😂😂😂 

21 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Disagree. I think a lot of casual fans have bought into this narrative that once Bruce is gone the team and the culture (lol) will instantly get better. Fans will show up but the reality is the same ****ty product will still be on the field and the team will still look inept. Casual fans will he completely put off by this and just not show up. Wait til offseason, wipe the slate clean, make smart decisions and get Those casual fans excited again about the team. In terms of season tickets that’s the best chance Dan has to convince people to renew.

Who said firing Bruce is the magic fix? He is inept and that alone is why he should have been fired at least 4 years ago. Obviously firing Bruce won't cure all the woes, but it does get that clown and his energy out the building. How is that a bad thing? Maybe not seeing his stupid face will be a relief to those in direct contact with him. 

No matter what off season changes are made, or how applauded they might be for their draft picks in 2020, most fans still aren't going to be excited and buy season tickets or fill Fed Ex field every week until they build a winning football culture on the field and sustain it.

Edited by Santana_89
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

If Gruden had 100 from AP in the first half he most definitely would have won this game with his boy Colt starting.

When you can run for that many yards and do absolutely nothing passing it means that your QB sucks. They didn't call anything for him because they already know he's going to throw up Pick 6s like they are Halloween candy.

Need to question O play calling. We get either to passive or to fancy. The redzone pass play to Richardson was so low %. Way to hard to pull of. Why not let Terry run come back or something in the end zone and Quinn a play underneat on the end zone line. Takes no time to develop and are high % easy passes. It's open or not. 

12 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

They talked about Kevin O'Connell as a potential star/head coach. His play calling has been meh, thought today was very bad. We play to save and the redzone plays are low percentage plays.

I'm okay with forcing the run more but where is the deep shot to scary Terry? We can agree that Gruden had his flaws but after the 4th down stop I'm pretty sure he would have forced a deep shot. You want to give them an uppercut. We just play to save.

I'm sorry I have not been active this year but it's a pure train wreck. I don't need ES to fuel my frustration. Trip to Washington D.C. was amazing :)

I'd be surprised if Kevin is actually calling plays.  These game plans have Callahan written all over them, even if Kevin is calling which run to go with 

• Thanks 3
10 minutes ago, Santana_89 said:

Who said firing Bruce is the magic fix? He is inept and that alone is why he should have been fired at least 4 years ago. Obviously firing Bruce won't cure all the woes, but it does get that clown and his energy out the building. How is that a bad thing? Maybe not seeing his stupid face will be a relief to those in direct contact with him. 

No matter what off season changes are made, or how applauded they might be for their draft picks in 2020, most fans still aren't going to be excited and buy season tickets or fill Fed Ex field every week until they build a winning football culture on the field and sustain it.

Dude, the culture is Damn Good, don't you read the news?? That's why we're doing so well