Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you trade DC sports success for a continued Trump presidency?

Springfield

Trade DC titles for Trump tenure?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Trade titles for tenure?

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Trump obsession here is at an all time high, which is saying something.  Not sure how some of you are going to fill the void if he doesn't get re-elected next year.  Might have some serious withdrawl issues.  

Theres a word for that, it's called codependency.

Having said that, he has us careening towards a constitutional crisis, no sports championship is worth that.

I look forward to the end of these Trump threads, this is getting rediculous, it's such a non-plausible question destined to piss people off.

11 hours ago, c slag said:

Anyone remember a theory years ago that stated whoever won a presidential election was determined by the Redskins winning or losing their last home game before the first Tuesday in November 

Yea, the pattern ended when George W Bush was re-elected and the Skins lost to the Packers just before that. 

Obama won re-election in 2012 but the Skins lost their last home game then as well. 

in 2016 the Redskins won their last home game before the election but the office changed.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:56 PM, Hersh said:

**** no. Anyone that would has no principles. Sports are great but trading for titles over humanity is ****ing wrong on every level.

I voted no for this exact reason. Although i did think twice about it, which probably makes me a terrible person. :ols:

On 10/31/2019 at 4:06 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Trump obsession here is at an all time high, which is saying something.  Not sure how some of you are going to fill the void if he doesn't get re-elected next year.  Might have some serious withdrawl issues.  

This is more privileged, disconnected, apathetic bull****.

Have you ever been in pain? When your in pain, your brain won't let you focus on other things and ignore it.

We can't wait to not be in pain. To not have to watch everything this piece of **** mother****er is doing to our country. To not have to watch rape survivors being triggered by this **** head every single day. To have every single day be a reminder that cowardice and apathy is the rule rather than the exception. To see kids and adults dealing with existential pain because their future, their world, is soon to topple, but the people in power not only don't give a ****, they are actively making it worse and mocking you about it in the process.

For people who care, for people who want more, who feel, this isn't obsession or a drug, this is pain. And people who fail to understand this also fail to see how much of an ass they are making of themselves to the people who do care.

This is about way more than the petty bull****, that people who don't care fill their lives with.

Never stops being astounding every time I see it/hear it, in all its forms.

I literally would die if it meant none of us had to deal with this admin and its puppets anymore. I'm not joking. I would give up everything if it meant that my family, my younger cousins, and my nephew no longer had to live and grow up in this kind of ugliness.

That's the kind of torment and desperation and just all around ****tiness I feel these days, every day,  only if I choose to let it in. People see me make jokes in real life maybe in the work place, but I never wear stuff on the surface. It's like a searing mental brand that you can't soothe, and the only way to not feel anything is to simply not think about it and enjoy life, which I do. Doesnt mean it's not always there.

Wish it wasn't the case, but, it is, that for many  people in this country, there just is no way to convey this, at all. Even if you try 100 times. Frankly there are some people that love this ****. I ain't one of them, and I would have the urge to crack a bottle over the head of someone who said that to me on the wrong day.

But I can play along with something like this though, even though it failed terribly at being whatever it was supposed to be.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ok, Dan will sell the team but you’d have to live the rest of your life with a column of 8 penises running down your back like a stegosaurus... but with penises. Would you do it?

I mean, if Tobias Funke got by as a never-nude, I could give it a try.

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Never stops being astounding every time I see it/hear it, in all its forms.

I literally would die if it meant none of us had to deal with this admin and its puppets anymore. I'm not joking. I would give up everything if it meant that my family, my younger cousins, and my nephew no longer had to live and grow up in this kind of ugliness.

That's the kind of torment and desperation and just all around ****tiness I feel these days, every day,  only if I choose to let it in. People see me make jokes in real life maybe in the work place, but I never wear stuff on the surface. It's like a searing mental brand that you can't soothe, and the only way to not feel anything is to simply not think about it and enjoy life, which I do. Doesnt mean it's not always there.

Wish it wasn't the case, but, it is, that for many  people in this country, there just is no way to convey this, at all. Even if you try 100 times. Frankly there are some people that love this ****. I ain't one of them, and I would have the urge to crack a bottle over the head of someone who said that to me on the wrong day.

But I can play along with something like this though, even though it failed terribly at being whatever it was supposed to be.

We're gonna have a new name for a post like this: Channeling your inner Martinez. *slow clap*

dave-martinez-ejected.jpg

16 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

This is more privileged, disconnected, apathetic bull****.

Have you ever been in pain? When your in pain, your brain won't let you focus on other things and ignore it.

We can't wait to not be in pain. To not have to watch everything this piece of **** mother****er is doing to our country. To not have to watch rape survivors being triggered by this **** head every single day. To have every single day be a reminder that cowardice and apathy is the rule rather than the exception. To see kids and adults dealing with existential pain because their future, their world, is soon to topple, but the people in power not only don't give a ****, they are actively making it worse and mocking you about it in the process.

For people who care, for people who want more, who feel, this isn't obsession or a drug, this is pain. And people who fail to understand this also fail to see how much of an ass they are making of themselves to the people who do care.

This is about way more than the petty bull****, that people who don't care fill their lives with.

Which is why I'm not voting for him next year.  Sure, I care and I don't like him but speaking strictly for myself, I'm not going to allow him to affect my mood each day.  Again, speaking strictly for myself, I'm the one that's in control of my happiness, my mood, how I deal with any type of adversity and overall outlook on life.  I flat out disagree, when your brain is in pain you can overcome it and work around it.  Or you can let it consume you and derail you.  To me, that's not privilege, disconnect or apathy.  

I could very easily watch the news way more than I do, read twitter way more than I do, log into facebook way more than I do, read any of the 5 or 6 different Trump threads on here, I could write posts, tweets, but then I'd just add to the echo chamber.  Then I'd let him win and bring my mood down.  What's someone going to do next, tell me something else awful about him?  Tell me something I already don't know about him and what he's doing, please, astonish me with something I haven't heard before.  What do I accomplish by reminding others about how terrible he is?  I'm pretty sure everyone here already hates him, except twa.  My friends and family are dug into their respective trenches.  If you're alluding to a "raise awareness" need, I don't know anyone who's on the fence about voting for him next year.  And if anyone is open to being swayed either way, I'm pretty sure there's not a post or a tweet I can send into the ether that'll push them to the good side, it'll probably just sound a lot like the others.

Call it privileged, disconnected, apathetic bull**** or whatever you need to make yourself feel better, but I'm well aware of who Trump is and what he's doing, which is why, like you and the others here, I won't be voting for him next year.   I suppose everyone has their ways of coping and if that's banging out post after post, tweet after tweet about how miserable they are because of Trump, well, I can't relate because if were to join in it wouldn't move me forward.  It wouldn't progress my life.  There aren't a lot of things I can control in life but how I choose to spend my time and my mood are certainly things I can control as well as my vote.  And voting is the only real way to get rid of the pain.

35 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Spiff and Sacks are doing God’s work trying to salvage this thing.  But it’s no use...this thread is maximum suck.

The other issue I'd have with the Skins winning a SuperBowl if Trump were in office would be the conflicted feeling of emotions seeing Snyder hoist that trophy over his head.  

38 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Spiff and Sacks are doing God’s work trying to salvage this thing.  But it’s no use...this thread is maximum suck.

Who would have thought that a thread created to ask people if they would trade harming the average standard of living for the world, for decades, for a souvenir tee shirt would go bad?  

:) 

Archived