Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

It’s okay to admit Kirk is a good quarterback, the Skins screwed up initially, but then also made the correct choice in the end, guys. Really. I promise.

We don’t have to naysay all the guy does. Hes a good quarterback.

Eeeexxxxxxxactly

Shoulda signed him early on.  Missed the boat and messed that up.  Glad we didnt spend a ton out of desperation.... 

• Like 1

Seemed like he turned the ball over too much with bad decisions in the Red Zone and holding the ball too long (Captain Stripsack).  But, wow, none of that today--the ball came out with his best WR's back in the lineup.  

Good guy--hard to pull against him, even though it stings.

Edited by CharleyT
59 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Kirk was huge on that OT drive, but looking at the game as a whole, the gameplan as a whole wasn't called as if the coaches had a ton of confidence in Cousins

I am rooting for him and the Vikes against the 49ers next week, living in 49ers country, I could use the silence from their fans a 49ers loss will bring to help me get through the remaining post-season. 

hmm, Cook was cooking, the 6th seeded Vikes won on the road in New Orleans, Kirk played great and you came up with this.

Edited by ananoman
  • Thanks 2

Very happy for the young man. It was never going to work out here, not so long as the cast of characters that were in place remained here. I'm glad to see him make it to the playoffs, and lead his team on a game-winning drive, to boot. Just keep him away from your grill! 🥩🔙

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, zskins said:

Except no one knew he was going to get hurt to the point it might end his career. 

Regardless of injury, it was a stupid decision to sign a slightly above average game manager of a QB at his age playing in Andy Reid’s system to that contract. It was stupid to even trade for him in the first place 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Just now, zskins said:

Except no one knew he was going to get hurt to the point it might end his career. 

Except we knew what we were getting from him, which was at BEST an older version of the QB we just gave away because we didn't want to "over pay" for, though Alex had more years and tape to show he had hit his ceiling, whereas the younger QB had not.  So....

• Like 4

I think it’s safe to say that neither Kirk or Alex were going to win anything with this organization under the prior leadership (damn, it feels good to say that). 

I also think it’s safe to say that Bruce bungling Kirk and the subsequent covert acquisition and new contract for Alex Smith were primary reasons for his demise in one way or another.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
15 minutes ago, zskins said:

Correct... hindsight being what it is.. neither situation was a good one

Edited by OVCChairman
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

Except we knew what we were getting from him, which was at BEST an older version of the QB we just gave away because we didn't want to "over pay" for, though Alex had more years and tape to show he had hit his ceiling, whereas the younger QB had not.  So....

All i was saying was in hindsight we can't look at what the Skins paid. But yeah, we all know Bruce ****ed up so he tried to give Gruden someone similar to Kirk and even Gruden didn't know he was getting Alex. So in Bruce's mind he got someone a tad bit cheaper who was tad bit like Kirk. Stupid is what stupid does.

They should have drafted a QB in 2018. Lamar Jackson would have been nice to have instead. Let this sting sink in. :(

Edited by zskins

The mess that caused kirk to be with another team is behind us...on to greener pastures..

Good for kirk..I'll be rooting for the Vikings(for him)...under the table of course, my wife(bears fan)already said if she catches me rooting for green bay or Minnesota she'll get the kids to root for the cowboys and eagles for now on lol dooohhh 

• Haha 4

I've said earlier "no" but hope he can take the Vikes as far as he can. Which will probably be no further after next weekend. Unless Grop becomes another playoff Brees. I'm just rooting for the Vikes because I don't like the other 3 teams in the NFC. More of a Cousins doubter than hater.

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I've said earlier "no" but hope he can take the Vikes as far as he can. Which will probably be no further after next weekend. Unless Grop becomes another playoff Brees. I'm just rooting for the Vikes because I don't like the other 3 teams in the NFC. More of a Cousins doubter than hater.

I'll go five on the Vikings?...I think they have a shot..there defense not getting enough credit...but the niners d could make it miserable for kirk..dalvin cook though hmmm should be interesting..

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'll go five on the Vikings?...I think they have a shot..there defense not getting enough credit...but the niners d could make it miserable for kirk..dalvin cook though hmmm should be interesting..

OK, sounds good to me. I would have bet anyone for the Saints to win. I was 1-3 this weekend, but glad the Pats lost.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Screwed up with Kirk like the Nationals screwed up with Anthony Rendon. Sometimes you have to take a risk and sign early to get ahead. 

The two situations could not be more different.  Rendon is a proven star on a team of stars and even team couldn’t pay for all of them.  He also just completed a LIGHTS OUT WS, and was in the running for MVP.

Cousins was coming off a couple good seasons.  But nothing like Rendon. 

And until today Cousins was known as essentially a choke artist.

Totally different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do think that we should have kept Kirk. But he may have been just good enough to help Jay keep his job. Or just good enough to keep certain people thinking "we're close". It's probably better that it didn't work out. As a result, hopefully, we're getting the true reboot that we've needed. Probably wouldn't get it at perpetually 7-9 to 9-7. Here's to hoping that the Cousins debacle helped us get to rock bottom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still don’t. I always knew Kirk could/would get it done.  By getting it done Mean playing in a big game and winning it.

15’ was the year we missed the boat with Signing him. Otherwise how he handled it turned me completely off, and so I was ready to move on.

Case got them to the to the conference Championship, so he still has work to do. I’m not rooting for him to get there but I don’t hate on his success.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 1
  • Jumbo locked this topic