skins4ever28

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

NFC Offensive Player of the Month.....

Sure glad we don't have to put up with his junk anymore.  Highest QB rating in the League for the first half of a season, a nothing burger.  Miss him? No way, we don't need this kind of meaningless falderol. 

Falderol? What are you, 500?

• Haha 1

NFC Offensive Player of the Month.....

Sure glad we don't have to put up with his junk anymore.  Highest QB rating in the League for the first half of a season, a nothing burger.  Miss him? No way, we don't need this kind of meaningless falderol.  Thankfully we've moved to focus on the issue at hand, should the Skins start their much-traveled and somewhat injured journeymen that led them to a 1-7 record or unleash the can't miss first-round franchise quarterback who is only a thick playbook away from greatness?  

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-kirk-cousins-wins-nfc-offensive-player-of-the-month

http://www.startribune.com/you-like-that-vikings-kirk-cousins-named-nfc-offensive-player-of-the-month/564157692/

Do you really think we would have been better with him and no WR or TE or Trent on the field? Wake up old man! When we had some legit players on the field with him he did well but couldn't even get the Skins into the playoffs against the Giants that had no meaning in the game and coming off the boat scandal. Kirk is who we thought we was and is. Wake me up when Kirk wins the SB this year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Let's flip this question and ask does Cousins miss the Redskins?  My guess is no, no not at all..

Actually, flipping the question would be do you think Cousins misses the Redskins fans?

Strange that we missed him becuase of guaranteed monies... Also a motive in Trents  fiasco... Yet we are now on the hook for 20 mill a year for a guy who will likely never play. Are fully guaranteed contracts the way of the future?

LA sure seems to not like the one they tied to the knee of Gurley.

Edited by CowboyKillerz

On 10/29/2019 at 7:55 PM, PartyPosse said:

Things were actually going somewhere, but the Smith trade was a pisspoor attempt to expedite that process. 

I can't telly you how flabbergasted and salty angry I was when I saw that trade. Nothing against Alex Smith, he's a great guy, real leader, solid conservative QB and a true professional, but dang man if I wasn't crushed by that stupid trade/contract at the 

time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I can't telly you how flabbergasted and salty angry I was when I saw that trade. Nothing against Alex Smith, he's a great guy, real leader, solid conservative QB and a true professional, but dang man if I wasn't crushed by that stupid trade/contract at the 

time. 

Honestly?  I couldn’t have said it better. I remember my friend who’s a Chiefs fan texting me “good luck” and I didn’t even have to check social media to know what went down. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zskins said:

Do you really think we would have been better with him and no WR or TE or Trent on the field? Wake up old man! When we had some legit players on the field with him he did well but couldn't even get the Skins into the playoffs against the Giants that had no meaning in the game and coming off the boat scandal. Kirk is who we thought we was and is. Wake me up when Kirk wins the SB this year. 

This team is better than the 2017 team kirk had with ap and mclaurin..and we were only two games out of playoff contention then. Think about the Saints game we had a two touchdown lead with what 3 mins left? And we lose that?? The defense today would not do that...we are 1-7 because we cant score it would be different without cousins. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 1

He's ok, just ok.

Fact is, so was Alex Smith. KC in Mind for 1st year was an unmitigated failure. If he falters in December, which is basically his M.O. at this point, Minny may consider shopping for replacement. 

If Minny some how misses the playoffs (which I doubt mostly because of D. Cook and not KC) it will all be on him. He won't handle that blame well.

No, Kirk was the definition of mediocre. We would forever be a 8-8 7-9 or 7-8-1 type team with him. Maybe the occasional 9-7, no thanks. You could always count on a back breaking pick six or pick in the end zone too. I feel like we will get this thread every October/November and then it’ll disappear every December. :lol:

I'm not upset that we let him walk, I certainly didn't want to pay him #1 qb money and he didn't deserve it. Sure his stats look good, but we all know what he will do in clutch time... 

My regret is not cashing in on him when we had a chance, just like this TW situation. We're talking about a potential 3-4 top round picks... If the front office functioned professionally and had any inkling of foresight, they would have made the correct moves, many of which were clamored for by ESers. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zskins said:

Image result for eight bar fortune teller

Yes, definitely better.  This alternative timeline is much more productive.

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

If Minny some how misses the playoffs (which I doubt mostly because of D. Cook and not KC) it will all be on him. He won't handle that blame well.

So if Minny makes the playoffs it's because of D.Cook and if they miss it, "it will all be on" KC.   Right.  Got it.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Califan007 said:

That doesn't answer my question, though lol...In fact, it just underscores why I asked it. 

Because answering your question is nearly impossible since we have to deal with hypothetical scenarios.

The Redskins were 6-3 but finished the season 7-9. Alex Smith was painfully mediocre, he wasn't helping the team win but he wasn't hurting it either. His replacements were god awful and the team collapsed. No one knows if Smith's completely mediocre play would have caught up with the team eventually or if they could have continued winning with him doing the bare minimum.

Over a small sample of games, this team showed that it could win games with completely mediocre QB play. But none of us know if this is true or the team was over performing and eventually would have regressed. From a player to player comparison, Kirk is a far better quarterback than Alex Smith and it's entirely possible that the team last year would have performed significantly better with Kirk.

What we do know is that since letting him go, we have spent a load of resources on his replacements and none of them have come close to giving us production anywhere close to his. So here we are, having spent cap space and numerous valuable draft picks on a bunch of mediocre to god awful quarterbacks and the team is 1-7 and it's entirely possible that they select a 1st round QB in back to back drafts.

• Like 1

Getting into the playoffs shouldn’t be the definition of success for Kirk and the Vikings. They were doing that before he was there. He was brought in to win a Super Bowl. If they don’t do that with him at the helm, regardless of who is at fault then it’s a failure for the team and him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Getting into the playoffs shouldn’t be the definition of success for Kirk and the Vikings. They were doing that before he was there. He was brought in to win a Super Bowl. If they don’t do that with him at the helm, regardless of who is at fault then it’s a failure for the team and him.

The Vikings were 8-8 the year before the lightning in a bottle 13-3 season in 2017.  One would think they were annually in the NFC Champ game reading your post.  Every move a team makes every single season is made in an effort to win the Super Bowl.  There are so many variables year to year, it's impossible to determine anything outside of New England will most likely be playing in a Super Bowl.  A lot of really good teams and players don't win Super Bowls.

While I'm sure Vikings fans won't be happy not winning a Super Bowl, I don't think they are stupid enough to believe that had they just kept Case they would automatically be in the NFC Champ game and maybe a Super Bowl.  Kirk Cousins was the best option available and they paid the premium to get him.  

All I can say is it would be cool to experience the Vikings 'failures'. 

• Like 2

The team was on a serious upswing. That 13-3 season was no fluke. The defense was one of if not the best in the league, they were young, had a lot of talented upside on offense and, now that we’ve seen what Case is the last couple of years, I don’t doubt that with a competent QB they could have won it all. Case’s big season had less to do with his own talent and more the talent he was surrounded by. Hell he wasn’t even the first or second choice to start. I’m completely  convinced that had Teddy B not gotten injured they would have been hoisting the trophy. The pick 6 Case threw in the nfc champ game was a back breaker and changed the entire complexion of that game.

For a reasonable contract I would have kept him but not for the money he got, no. IMO he is and always will be a good to very good QB but not great or elite...and that sort of QB is just not worth that sort of money. He went to an absolutely loaded team with some great to elite receivers and an elite RB and is still the same guy he ever was. Putting up nice stats but wilting in big games or against good teams. He was streaky here and he's streaky in Minny too. He recently had a few hot games but they were all against bottom 10 defenses, including Detroit who's currently giving up the most pass yards per game in the NFL; he did the same thing here. I have a hard time believing it's a coincidence that he has such an abysmal record against teams with winning records. I think it was 5-27 or something like that when I last saw the stat?

Good QB. Not a guy who will elevate your team. Not clutch. Not worth $84,000,000 guaranteed. 

I DO wish we could have somehow traded him. Seeing him walk for nothing was painful. 

• Like 2

This inept franchise has been absolutely clueless- virtually any and every move they make is a mistake- so yes it was a mistake to let Cousins go

Cousins did his due diligence and made his money.  Glad he didn't make it here....... **** that dude.  Had high praise for him in the beginning. Turns out he is a ****. 

8 hours ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

So if Minny makes the playoffs it's because of D.Cook and if they miss it, "it will all be on" KC.   Right.  Got it.

That's exactly right... KC is adding little to nothing to that team and actually took them MUCH further backwards last year.

Really that hard to understand??

1 hour ago, Bonez3 said:

That's exactly right... KC is adding little to nothing to that team and actually took them MUCH further backwards last year.

Really that hard to understand??

Lol cmon man....look at his stats this past month....face reality we are on pace to get another qb withh cousins caliber in 2034

Edited by CjSuAvE22

Not really.  Until Dan Snyder dies we're ****ed.  We could have Tom Brady and still go 8-8 until he demanded a trade.. And that's part of the problem, no one wants to play here unless we overpay them 

55 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Lol cmon man....look at his stats this past month....face reality we are on pace to get another qb withh cousins caliber in 2034

And in the first month of the season MIN fans were begging us to take him back.  He always posts great numbers and chokes when it matters most.  That's literally his defining characteristic 

• Like 2