Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

skins4ever28

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I've noticed this, too. That they paid Cousins 28 million and the offense only works as a running offense is a bad look. Throughout that game, the Vikings coordinator looked like he really didn't want to give Kirk his chance even the run game wasn't working at all. The game was close though until Kirk's pick. After that, it was pretty much over.

The QB positions makes me wonder if a position can both be the most important in sports, and the most overrated.

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And they could have signed better players in free agency without relying on a bunch of young guys to carry their line if...

You don't draft guys in the first or second round if you don't think they can immediately come in and help. Bradbury was better than anyone out there at center and O'Neil seriously regressed. Fact is rarely are good OL available in FA. It happens but not often.

In fact, most of Minnesota's draft picks the last few years have been terrible and that's been a major problem for them. Aside from those OL, add in Treadwell, Irv Smith, Hughes... none of their picks have made a major impact outside of Cook. 

Kirk's problem is between his ears.  He looked like a deer in the headlights from the opening kick.  The moments of really big games are just to big for him.  It's like he freezes.  Unlikely he will ever get over it.  Hope the Vikes like that $30 mill they are paying for an occasional wild card win.  

53 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Maybe if they drafted better on the OL. Elflein, Bradbury and Oneil, all drafted in the first two rounds in the last three years, all massive disappointments. 

Kirk didn't look good, but I don't know how many QBs would have thrived today against a pumped up SF defense.

Honestly it looked like a repeat of the Packers - Niners game during the regular season.  The Packers O line looked like human turnstiles, they had no run game, and the Niners D line was all over Rodgers the whole game so yeah he was absolutely atrocious.   

This game looked exactly like that game to me.   

2 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

Exactly, and get any pressure on him he gets “Happy Feet.”

You can't blame him for that game though, the dude was buried quite a bit right off the bat, and when he did have time to throw the 9ers had great tight coverage.

I don't think anyone would have done well with that piss poor game plan and ol blocking.

1 hour ago, crabbypatty said:

You can't blame him for that game though, the dude was buried quite a bit right off the bat, and when he did have time to throw the 9ers had great tight coverage.

I don't think anyone would have done well with that piss poor game plan and ol blocking.

The truth is, you can rarely attribute a loss directly toward him. When his team isn’t the best team on the field, they lose. 

But you you also can rarely attribute a win to him at the same time. Even last week he did pretty much nothing until overtime where he made a few good throws to win it. If The saints would have handled business he never would have gotten a chance. 

Hes is just not that good. Certainly not good enough to make his team better. He was the better QB today and it made no difference at all. He’s not the best player on his team. I don’t even think he’s top 5 

8 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

No amount of Cousins bashing is going to change the fact Kirk is still a much better QB than anyone on our current roster and thats really what this thread is about.

I have a few friends that are Viking fans that would strongly disagree with you...

But hey everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.

9 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

No amount of Cousins bashing is going to change the fact Kirk is still a much better QB than anyone on our current roster and thats really what this thread is about.

I'm glad hes gone. Hes a loser. He may or may not be better than Haskins. We dont know.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm glad hes gone. Hes a loser. He may or may not be better than Haskins. We dont know.

You are right, Haskins, McCoy, & Alex Smith are clearly winners 😆

3 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I have a few friends that are Viking fans that would strongly disagree with you...

So you are telling me your ""vikings friends"" would prefer to have Dwayne Haskins or Alex Smith ? Yeah..... ok then 🤣

8 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

So you are telling me your ""vikings friends"" would prefer to have Dwayne Haskins or Alex Smith ? Yeah..... ok then 🤣

A healthy Alex Smith? Like without the leg injury? They may. He fits what they need quite well.

But, the price tag would need to be much less than what he has here. 

QBs are so important. Specifically ones that fit a system. But their cost also makes them a possible detriment. 

The Ravens with Dilfer are a great example. He was exactly what they needed to win. 

Cousins is a better physical and statistical quarterback than Dilfer, but Dilfer was a better fit, and % wise much less of a burden than Cousins. And he fit their scheme. 

15 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

That's not what I said at all. Dont make **** up to be upset about. I said we dont know what we have or who is better. Kurt's a loser though and we know that much.

24 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Haskins...too early.to tell...but they would have liked Keenum back. He did very well for them

Vikings are the first team in NFL history to lose 30 playoff games, Cowboys are 2nd with 28.

Vikings fans are blaming their OL, Kirk for needing a comfort zone to throw, and their HC for his soft run D and not taking advantage of Garoppolo weakness on 3rd and long.

Player CP/ATT YDS TD INT
Kirk Cousins 21/29 172 1 1
immy Garoppolo                                                                                          11/19                                                                     131                                       1                          1        

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Cousins is a better physical and statistical quarterback than Dilfer, but Dilfer was a better fit, and % wise much less of a burden than Cousins. And he fit their scheme. 

Yep. Cousins is a better QB than Case Keenum. Keenum had more success with the Vikings. His ability to escape and make the occasional crazy play meant more than Cousins' ability to check down and throw accurately in rhythm.

I still think that Minnesota made a mistake dumping Keenum. And, for what it's worth, a healthy Alex Smith wins that game for the Eagles' yesterday.

32 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Being a Vikings fan is kinda like being from West Virginia...you're always expecting to be screwed by Cousins

Lots of people would trust not broken Alex more than Kirk especially at the lower cap hit. Can’t really be argued that Cousins played exactly the kid of playoff games y’all complained Alex played. Same stats. 

Haskins would at least have an effect on the game. He would throw the ball into double coverage way more, tuck and run it more. Just overall have more of an effect on the game. He would more thank likely lose it for us, but he wouldn’t go out like a skirt. and on his rookie deal, they could get a few more linemen. Or a difference making defender or two. 

y’all gonna have to admit Cousins is exactly what we have been saying eventually. Over paid and above average game manager with a tendency to disappear when things don’t do perfect. That’s him. 

Archived