skins4ever28

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

No, but if I knew Bruce was going to sign Alex Smith to a 5 yr deal as the alternative then my answer changes to YES!

I thought we were going to look towards the draft and probably sign a modestly priced vet or lean on Colt for a year.

Edited by JSSkinz

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Not even a single letter?

Reference to a commercial/movie

were-the-millers---movie-tattoos.jpgSKQGNIZOUBE4PFXF4BSXT74RAY.jpg

Edited by volsmet

I was clamoring for them to re-sign him, even if it meant overpaying.  I thought he wasn't getting enough credit here for turning around the offense, and thought he would continue to get better. After seeing his lackluster start to his Minnesota career, I think he has proven he is not worth a mega contract.

I do wonder how our roster would look today, bc a cousins extension means we have Kendall Fuller, that 3rd round pick, no Haskins and in turn that first rounder, Etc.  But I think it's safe to say we would still suck and Bruce wouldve made other moves to set us back somehow.  

The thing that infuriates me with the cousins situation, the TW situation, and now the scherff situation, is that a competent front office would've reached a point where they knew the players time with the team was coming to a close, and they do absolutely nothing!!  An internal assessment of the situation, before the last minute, would've allowed them to get maximum compensation.  We are getting pennies on the dollar.  Again and again.  

Edited by KillBill26

We should have signed Matt Moore, kept Fuller, and invested in the roster. That was clear then, it’s clear now. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Reference to a commercial/movie

were-the-millers---movie-tattoos.jpgSKQGNIZOUBE4PFXF4BSXT74RAY.jpg

Yes, Mr Miller says "not even a single letter" to the kid when he shows him the tattoo.  Great movie.

• Haha 1

yes.   We never saw Cousins be the starter with Mike Shanahan the head coach for a season.  Or, if today Cousins was the QB and McVay was the Head Coach - I would sign up for that in one minute flat.   I've always been a believer in Cousins, since 2012.  Most of the people here who are glad he's gone probably never saw Mark Rypien play QB here in 89-90, when he was seen as a shy, mistake prone, nervous nelly but with a penchant for the long ball.  he was booed in washington at times leading into 1991.   Cousins of today reminds me of the 1990 Mark Rypien.  All Rypien was a better team around him and he could do it.  I knew it about Rypien and I know it about Cousins now.  Yeah, COusins didnt win in Washington.  You know who else didn't win in washington under Snyder?  EVERYBODY!!!!  

Give me the quiet, respectable Cousins (who's #1 in QBR in the NFL right now) along with McVay vs the absolute DOG CRAP that is this team now with this loser crap talker QB they drafted (league done wrong) moron.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Yes, Mr Miller says "not even a single letter" to the kid when he shows him the tattoo.  Great movie.

Ah, I’ve never seen it, just the meme. I didn’t know if it was a commercial or a movie, but I did know the meme I saw most frequently was spelled a bit differently. 

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

yes.   We never saw Cousins be the starter with Mike Shanahan the head coach for a season.  Or, if today Cousins was the QB and McVay was the Head Coach - I would sign up for that in one minute flat.   

If you watched an entire season of the all 22 starring Kirk with McVay - your least favorite person on the planet would be Kirk. 

20 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

The thing that infuriates me with the cousins situation, the TW situation, and now the scherff situation, is that a competent front office would've reached a point where they knew the players time with the team was coming to a close, and they do absolutely nothing!!  An internal assessment of the situation, before the last minute, would've allowed them to get maximum compensation.  We are getting pennies on the dollar.  Again and again.  

yep, when they're selling they get pennies on the dollar.  and when they're buying (which is more frequently) they get fleeced by Andy Reid who has a picture of Bruce Allen on his nightstand.

3 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Ah, I’ve never seen it, just the meme. I didn’t know if it was a commercial or a movie, but I did know the meme I saw most frequently was spelled a bit differently. 

If you watched an entire season of the all 22 starring Kirk with McVay - your least favorite person on the planet would be Kirk. 

i saw all 3 seasons.   I cancelled my all22 when they didnt resign Cousins.   Which was a good decision because since his record breaking passing seasons in DC, the team cant even field a forward passing offense anymore, including that bum Alex Smith.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

i saw all 3 seasons.   I cancelled my all22 when they didnt resign Cousins.   Which was a good decision because since his record breaking passing seasons in DC, the team cant even field a forward passing offense anymore, including that bum Alex Smith.

Then you saw him miss twice as many TDs as he hit.

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

Yeah, Kirk and his boring 4,000K+ yards, 70% completion rate, 30 TDs, 10 INT, 100+ rating, and incessant taking responsibility for mistakes wore on me also.  Cousins didn't tackle or block with a damn, no wonder the Skins were mediocre with him starting.  The Skins were much smarter than the Vikings when they got a franchise QB, Smith, for 71M for 3 years and saved 13M or 4.3M per year, clearly, Dan and Bruce dodged a bullet when they released Cousins.   

You promised us last season you were going to follow your lover-boy to Minnesota. Why are you still here???!!! I can't understand someone so infatuated with another team's player yet still whining on his old team's forums about the way he is thought of. At least some of his other fan-boys seem to follow the team even if they still have to jump to his defence at every possible opportunity.

And as for Battered Cousins Fan Syndrome you are the saddest and most pathetic of them all. If there was a Redskins QB I hated more than Cousins it was RG3 and, just like all  the RG3 fans left when he did, I just wish all you Cousins fans would just **** off.

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

If I only had the stats in front of me, I’d have been more prepared for the test. Kirk is a slow minded, one read, choke artist, game manager with a nice arm. 

wow, what I would say in response to this crap would get me kicked off so I have just two questions for you:

1 .  what does Kirk Cousins have to do where you would say "I was wrong" ?

2.  what was YOUR plan for the QB position in Washington then?  Let him go and go get WHO in the draft or in FA?

Edited by BoycottEuphemisticFans

26 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

i saw the best QB they've had in 20 years and no one was close.

Why the failure to immediately improve upon what Case did in Minnesota?

3 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

wow, what I would say in response to this crap would get me kicked off so I have just two questions for you:

1 .  what does Kirk Cousins have to do where you would say "I was wrong" ?

2.  what was YOUR plan for the QB position in Washington then?  Let him go and go get WHO in the draft or in FA?

You can say anything to me, I don’t file complaints, I would, however, eviscerate you in any debate you’d care to have.

I’ve shared above what my plan would have been, the same as I shared prior to the 2018 season. You can follow the thread, no? You acting as if Kirk has done anything suggests you may need enter the concussion protocol. 

6 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

wow, what I would say in response to this crap would get me kicked off

Please say it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

because football is a team game, not a single player game like tennis.

B4B597ED-1CB4-4959-8FA7-225B6BF211C2.gif

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Please say it.

I think that’s what we’d all like.

692A7090-6C99-4558-BCFC-90088E57B712.gif

thats what I thought.  You've got nothing, including answers to my two simple questions above.  Probably because of fear.

What are you on? 

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

Yeah, Kirk and his boring 4,000K+ yards, 70% completion rate, 30 TDs, 10 INT, 100+ rating, and incessant taking responsibility for mistakes wore on me also.  Cousins didn't tackle or block with a damn, no wonder the Skins were mediocre with him starting.  The Skins were much smarter than the Vikings when they got a franchise QB, Smith, for 71M for 3 years and saved 13M or 4.3M per year, clearly, Dan and Bruce dodged a bullet when they released Cousins.   

Cousins never had a 70% completion rate or 30 TD season with us. Only once was he over 100 Rating and only once was he at 10 INT or less. 

But yeah, he had a lot of yards.

For those too slow to keep up with this 3 page thread:

We should have signed Matt Moore, kept Fuller, and invested in the roster. That was clear then, it’s clear now. 

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

You can say anything to me, I don’t file complaints, I would, however, eviscerate you in any debate you’d care to have.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!   Ok, sweetie. This ain't my first rodeo.   the picture below is the picture of me being frightened at your claim here online.  Which is one I may have heard a time or two for 20 + years.  LOL, you're fun.

2 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

Which is one I may have heard a time or two for 20 + years

So you're consistently wrong?

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!   Ok, sweetie. This ain't my first rodeo.   the picture below is the picture of me being frightened at your claim here online.  Which is one I may have heard a time or two for 20 + years.  LOL, you're fun.

That’s an awfully undisciplined response from someone who aims to show his cool demeanor.