Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious Question: Do you regret letting Cousins go?

skins4ever28

7 hours ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

Kirk will end his 12-15 year career with a Super Bowl Win while the Skins continue to pile of years of not even getting to the playoffs. 
In my opinion we blew the best chance of building a Winner in DC. 

We blew it the day Shanahan told Snyder to get Bruce Allen as GM/TP/Whatever...

11 hours ago, zskins said:

Wait...what? 

So all we are missing this year is Kirk and because we have MaLaurin and AP and 26th ranked D, we would have gone to the SB this year? :rofl89::rofl89::rofl89:

Nobody is saying that. But the QB play this year has sucked, there should be little doubt had Kirk been here we would not be 1-7.

I am still amazed at the hate Kirk gets.  It's more than RGIII and that dumbass did many more thing to make us hate him. Kirk never demanded plays be removed, Kirk was never accused of failing to dedicate himself, Kirk wasn't seen blaming other players for his failures. .  No all Kirk did was determine he did not want to play for this crap of an organization.  Is throwing critical interceptions and trying to maximize his earnings all it takes to put him above Griffin on the list of hate?  Not in my book. 

Cousins got his nose bent out of shape once he got an offer that he felt was beneath him and he made up his mind to test the free agent market.  He wasn't even willing to negotiate. 

The real problem was that we had no one behind him, so he knew he had us bent over a barrel and he took advantage of the situation.

His unwillingness to negotiate a contract pisses me off, but the ineptitude of the team, overall, is really what hurt us.  The entire TG3 trade saga certainly had a lingering effect.  Losing all of those picks and taking 2 QBs in 2012 was just dumb.

I don't think he's worth what he's getting paid, but neither is Norman, Kerrigan, Smith, or Williams.  Would I rather have him than drafting Haskins?  Yes, but that could change if Haskins figures it out.

No.  It seemed his objective was to squeeze every dollar he could out of the opportunity presented to him.  On the other hand, business is business...I guess.  Nor did he appear to want to be on the team (and who could blame him?).  More importantly, he was allergic to playing even average in clutch moments.  He tended to play his worst football in the most important situations in the most important games.  

Sorry but there is absolutely nothing wrong with an athlete trying to squeeze every dollar out of his opportunity.  Every player does this and there is nothing what so ever wrong with that given how the owners will cut a player and show zero loyalty at any moment. If they show no loyalty why on Earth should Cousins, or any other player for that matter, show loyalty to perhaps the worst organization in the league?  He had every right to take advantage of his situation and had zero obligation to negotiate with Bruce Allen.  Most any of us in that situation would jump at the chance to get out of this hopeless situation and go to a contending team.    

16 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

With cousins we wouldnt be this bad...nobody said anything about a super bowl

What does "we wouldn't be so bad with Kirk" get us then? Couple of more wins then we already have? Is SB not the ultimate goal? Can Kirk put the team on his back, when needed, to get the team to the promise land?

1 hour ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

I’ll put it like this. I’m pulling for Kirk today against KC more than any Skin that steps on the field vs Bills!

I don’t understand still being a Redskins fan, then. Come out if that purple closet playa 

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

What does "we wouldn't be so bad with Kirk" get us then? Couple of more wins then we already have? Is SB not the ultimate goal? Can Kirk put the team on his back, when needed, to get the team to the promise land?

He can as he proved it down 24-0 at half to the bucs and coming back and winning us that game have we even had another qb performance like that in 20 years i dont think so...my main point is a competent front office can win with kirk cousins there are only a handful of qbs that can actually take a team on their back like u say ...cousins is easily on the level of Stafford and Dalton a team with a qb that can play the game will always be competitive in every game this is the nfl every game someone has to lose and its extremely difficult to win which is why u dont let players like cousins walk without a sound back up plan...letting him go has set this franchise back years...and its sad that some of the hardcore fans that post on this forum dont see that..

14 minutes ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

I’m Not a Viking Fan. I’m a fan of the person that told Bruce and the front office to “Hold my Beer”

Who is a Vikings player? Whatever makes you happy but it sounds like you are lying to yourself. 

Like, “I’m not rooting for the redskins but I AM rooting for the Staring QB for the Vikings” sounds like you ain’t rooting for the Redskins but you are rooting for the Vikes. 

No no judgment it just sounds funny lol

7 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

He can as he proved it down 24-0 at half to the bucs and coming back and winning us that game have we even had another qb performance like that in 20 years i dont think so...my main point is a competent front office can win with kirk cousins there are only a handful of qbs that can actually take a team on their back like u say ...cousins is easily on the level of Stafford and Dalton a team with a qb that can play the game will always be competitive in every game this is the nfl every game someone has to lose and its extremely difficult to win which is why u dont let players like cousins walk without a sound back up plan...letting him go has set this franchise back years...and its sad that some of the hardcore fans that post on this forum dont see that..

That was ONE game. Beyond that, Kirk showed little consistent good play against good teams. He always seemed to put up really nice stats against bad defenses/teams but has an embarrassingly bad record against teams with winning records and good defenses and that has continued in Minny (his current "hot streak" has all been against bottom 10 defenses). If he were here this year our record might be a little better but probably not by much as we've played against 4 top 10 defenses thus far. So yeah we might be 3-5 instead of 1-7. That would have been $84,000,000 well spent. 

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That was ONE game. Beyond that, Kirk showed little consistent good play against good teams. He always seemed to put up really nice stats against bad defenses/teams but has an embarrassingly bad record against teams with winning records and good defenses and that has continued in Minny (his current "hot streak" has all been against bottom 10 defenses). If he were here this year our record might be a little better but probably not by much as we've played against 4 top 10 defenses thus far. So yeah we might be 3-5 instead of 1-7. That would have been $84,000,000 well spent. 

We have almost 50 million well spent dollars on players who havent played a down on this team this season alone ...cousins coulda been signed at 18 million a year in 2015 u couldnt be serious if you said you wouldnt sign him to that type of contract.....

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

cousins coulda been signed at 18 million a year in 2015 u couldnt be serious if you said you wouldnt sign him to that type of contract.....

Where are you getting this information? Do you mean before the 2015 season or after?

24 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

The Skins had a backup plan, Alex Smith, slightly better and couple of years older version of him. We all know what happened to him.

So, how are Stafford and Dalton doing right now or have done, for that matter... after 10 years Stafford has taken the Lions to how many deep playoffs runs? IS that what you were hoping for from $84 million Kirk...Just good enough?

What has set the franchise years back is not Kirk. We hardcore fans can actually see and look beyond the QB position. ;)

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

Before Mccloughn was ready to sign him but got super-ceded by bruce and snyder 

You need to listen to what Kirk said recently, his words were that he and his agent were not going to sign a contract with the Redskins after the 2015 season unless it was fully guaranteed.

That's from Kirks's lips, not something a beat reporter tweeted.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

The Skins had a backup plan, Alex Smith, slightly better and couple of years older version of him. We all know what happened to him.

So, how are Stafford and Dalton doing right now or have done, for that matter... after 10 years Stafford has taken the Lions to how many deep playoffs runs? IS that what you were hoping for from $84 million Kirk...Just good enough?

What has set the franchise years back is not Kirk. We hardcore fans can actually see and look beyond the QB position. ;)

I dont think alex smith (10 tds in 9 games isnt going to get anything done we were the biggest fluke team at 6-3 last year)is better but its all irrelevant now...we are a 1-7 football team with an owner not willing to overhaul and rebuild correctly our future is bleak and we are back in the rinse and repeat mode of finding a qb

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

You need to listen to what Kirk said recently, his words were that he and his agent were not going to sign a contract with the Redskins after the 2015 season unless it was fully guaranteed.

That's from Kirks's lips, not something a beat reporter tweeted.

Right 4 years 84 million fully guranteed would gave been fine....we tagged him twice thats more than half of that in two years...poorly managed 

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Must have been good to be Rodgers as well.

I don't know that they would admit it but I'm sure they were ecstatic, the Chiefs are just another team without Mahomes.

I'm sure you watched Moore play, its a different team with him in there.

4 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Right 4 years 84 million fully guranteed would gave been fine....we tagged him twice thats more than half of that in two years...poorly managed 

So after 8 good games in the 2015 season, you want to hand a guy a fully guaranteed deal?  I don't think any GM in the NFL would have done that.

I would be willing to put good money on that, people didn't even give Kirk proper respect as a QB until after the 2016 season.

Also, the deal with the Vikes was 3 years $84M, if we wanted him for 4 years that price would have been over $100M fully guaranteed.

Smitty, Smitty he’s our man if he can’t do it no  one can!

Josh, Josh, he’s our man if he can’t do it no  one can!

Colt, Colt, he’s our man if he can’t do it no  one can!

Mark, Mark, he’s our man if he can’t do it no  one can!

Case, Case, he’s our man if he can’t do it no  one can!

Dwayne, Dwayne, he’s our man if he can’t do it no  one can!

Archived