GhostofSparta

The Official 2020 Draft Positioning Thread: We're #2!

Just now, Califan007 said:

I'm thinking of the people who fear ending up 4-12 because "we may not even end up picking in the top 10!" lol...mind you, they fully want Haskins to ball out, they just want the Skins to keep losing while he does.

I can totally get the desire and logic behind getting a top 2 pick and franchise altering stud. But I still think the proof is in the pudding that great players are drafted all over, it’s not like Pro bowlers/All Pros don’t come from picks 10-20 or whatever. I try not to get too worked up over the draft slot for this reason, but again, I totally get wanting a stud like Young. I just would prefer Haskins gives us some upward momentum into next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Out of curiosity, since Haskins is now starting....let's say he surprises and leads the team to a 6-2 record the rest of the way.

Are you pissed? lol...

Seriously? :rofl89:

It'll be entertaining but in the end wont matter because of the:

buf·foon·er·y

/bəˈfo͞onərē/

noun

behavior that is ridiculous but amusing.

Dan Snyder specializes in this therefore we must embrace it

SNY.0.gif

All drafts aren't created equal IMO.  Look at what Nick Bosa is doing right now.   Look at what K. Mack did for the Bears defense.  Young IMO is in that class.  If we want to finally land a bonafide star (potentially top 20 player in the league) for a change.  We got a lot of good players but no one that is the best of the best or in that conversation -- that dude is likely it.  We want to get people coming back to games -- this dude might help on that front.  I know it sounds crazy to talk about a defender like that but he'd be the prospect fans are most excited to see since RG3 -- that's what I'd predict.

The Bears and 49ers have had really good interior players -- DTs.  But when you added the killer pass rusher into the mix - it took those defenses to a new level.   I think the same thing would happen here. 

Chase Young is billed by some as a generational type of talent.    This isn't like the 2015 draft where people were hyping Beasley, Fowler.  This dude is in a different orbit.

You wont find someone who ties a team's success to QBs more than me.  Yeah you can have a great defense and still not be that good because of the QB.     So nothing would please me more than him going 6-2 if he's rocking and rolling.  I seriously doubt though it happens -- I think the dude is going to need time to work through ups and downs and that's fine. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Seriously? :rofl89:

Seriously what?...That I asked a hypothetical in order to get some discussion going that had zero to do with Trent's head? lol...

Dolphins up 2 scores late, but trying to find a way to lose. 

We get another L.

Unlike other drafts, the first couple picks are going to command a lot of value. We really need to secure the first or second pick. 

Now if we could get the Bungles and Falcons to start winning

Edited by DWinzit

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Interesting dilemma. If the Jets lose and we beat them in 2 weeks then they might be in prime position for Young.

Jets have to play the Dolphins again, AND the Bengals. If Miami wins today, suddenly the Bengals hold the keys to the #1 spot.

58 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Now if we could get the Bungles and Falcons to start winning

I still think the Falcons are too talented to finish this badly. I'm rooting for them to fire Quinn, because a shakeup is what they need. 

The Bengals really should be better than this, too. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t remember there ever being this many truly garbage teams in the league at the same time.

Yeah its a bad season to be bad. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t remember there ever being this many truly garbage teams in the league at the same time.

Tua and Herbert should give you hints about why....

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Tua and Herbert should give you hints about why....

If that’s the case then more would be tanking for Lawrence and Fields.

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We've now climbed up to #2 in the Tankathon only because of the Jets and Dolphins bye week. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

We've now climbed up to #2 in the Tankathon only because of the Jets and Dolphins bye week. 

Cool.   I want a top 3 pick in this draft really really bad.   The top 2 though can't have the Jets in the mix because they'd take Chase Young.  so they now worry me.  Them and Atlanta. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cool.   I want a top 3 pick in this draft really really bad.   The top 2 though can't have the Jets in the mix because they'd take Chase Young.  so they now worry me.  Them and Atlanta. 

No problem, all we have to do is to lose to the Jets.  Which is why I’m predicting that we’ll win that game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

No problem, all we have to do is to lose to the Jets.  Which is why I’m predicting that we’ll win that game.

Yeah I've watched a few of the Jets games including the 4th quarter of today's game.  We are bad but I don't think Jets level bad.  Plus we got 2 weeks to prepare.