Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2020 Draft Positioning Thread: We're #2!

GhostofSparta

Well everyone, that'll do it. After keeping this thing going since before Halloween, our long nightmare has come to an end. So here it is, your official "Not in the playoffs" draft order via Tankathon.com

1. Cincinnati Bengals (2-14)

2. Washington Redskins (3-13)

3. Detroit Lions (3-12-1)

4. NY Giants (4-12)

5. Miami Dolphins (5-11)

6. LA Chargers (5-11)

7. Carolina Panthers (5-11)

8. Arizona Cardinals (5-10-1)

9. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10)

10. Cleveland Browns (6-10)

11. NY Jets (7-9)

12. Oakland Raiders (7-9)

13. Indianapolis Colts (7-9)

14. Tampa Bay Pewter Pirates (7-9)

15. Denver Broncos (7-9)

16. Atlanta Falcons (7-9)

17. Dallas Cows (8-8)

18. Miami Dolphins (via 8-8 Pittsburgh)

19. Oakland Raiders (via 8-8 Chicago)

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via 9-7 Rams)

So there it is. The top 20 picks. 3 teams have 2 picks in the top 20, Miami also has Houston's 1st rounder, wherever that ends up.

15 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

For those wondering how tiebreakers are determined:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft#Rules_for_determining_draft_order

Thanks for all the work you put into this.  I played with a much smaller scale of this here and there on the draft thread.  But this thread is the heart of most of what I care about this season which is driven by what happens in the off season. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It sucked but we did what we were supposed to at the end and let Miami score. Of course they outtanked us by botching the 2 point conversion so badly.

There is no doubt in my mind that drop was intentional.  It was such a stupid play, at minimum the pass wasnt even in the endzone.

Chase Young might be the highest-graded defender to come out in a few years — higher for some than Myles Garrett even — and the clear best prospect available in the 2020 NFL draft class. Then Young went out and dropped four sacks, two forced fumbles and another tackle for loss against a good Badgers team that is stout up front.

Shut it down, kids. Barring some wild, unforeseen event, Mr. Young is your best player in this coming class. He probably should be the Heisman Trophy favorite, but we know how that goes with non-offensive players.

And as a personnel man mentioned to us, the way San Francisco 49ers rookie pass rusher (and former OSU teammate) Nick Bosa is playing, being mentioned not only as a Defensive Rookie of the Year favorite but as a Defensive Player of the Year candidate, it can only help Young’s cause.

There are some people in scouting who believe Young actually could have a higher ceiling as a prospect than either Nick or Joey Bosa. That’s a pretty strong statement.

The Dolphins will have the ammo to land both Young and a quarterback if they want to do it that way. They currently own three picks in Round 1 and a stunning six of the first 66 picks the way the draft order stands now.

Based on records and opponents’ strength of schedule, the Dolphins would be picking second overall (their own first-rounder); 10th (from the Pittsburgh Steelers for Minkah Fitzpatrick); 22nd (from the Houston Texans for Laremy Tunsil); 33rd (their own second-rounder); 62nd (the New Orleans Saints’ second-rounder); and 66th (their own third-rounder). They also have extra picks in Round 6 (at least two and possibly three picks in that round) and Round 7 this year. They don’t have a fourth-rounder but are projected to receive a Day 3 compensatory pick for losing Ja’Wuan James.

Oh, and the Dolphins also own the Texans’ first- and second-round selections in 2021. That’s ample ammo to move up into the range to select a QB — that is, if the Dolphins want one high in the draft this year.

Of course, that means potentially passing on Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa, or perhaps LSU’s Joe Burrow. Would the Dolphins be satisfied with taking Young and, say, Oregon’s Justin Herbert? What about Washington’s Jacob Eason? The Dolphins also could take the riskier route, punting on a QB in 2020 and hoping for Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence or Ohio State’s Justin Fields in 2021.

That’s likely what we are talking about here unless the Dolphins opted to move up into the top three picks. If they could find a team such as the Washington Redskins, New York Jets or New York Giants — assuming those clubs are picking high enough — to trade with, Miami might be able to get both Young and either Tagovailoa or Burrow.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-winners-and-losers-2020-draft-will-be-the-year-of-the-wide-receiver-175000723.html

5 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I honestly cannot see this Redskins team winning another game this year. Maybe the Jets, but probably not. Hopefully the Bengals fart out a win or two. 

To think we were a botched two point attempt away from 0-16 and that #1 pick. 

If the Skins defense continues to improve I can see us winning a close game at home against someone....those Bama boys on defense have a lot of pride. However, if Haskins starts the rest of the way home then we legit could lose out unless AP and Guice literally go off or the defense scores twice in a game. 

20 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

It would make me sick if we trade back if young is there.

We'll end up picking 4th overall and the first three picks will go Tu'a, Herbert after someone gives the team picking 2nd overall 3 first round picks, and Chase Young at number 3. Forget this thread, we all know that's how it'll end up. 

18 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

We'll end up picking 4th overall and the first three picks will go Tu'a, Herbert after someone gives the team picking 2nd overall 3 first round picks, and Chase Young at number 3. Forget this thread, we all know that's how it'll end up. 

Joe Burrow is definitely going above Herbert.

Go Dolphins!

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Joe Burrow is definitely going above Herbert.

Go Dolphins!

I actually think I want the Steelers to win.  Dolphins have an easier SOS than us, so they'll be picking higher than us regardless if we both finish with 1 win.  But if they have 2 picks in the top 5 (their pick and the Steelers pick), there's a higher probability they do something risky like take Young first and then wait for one of the QB's to fall, or even have the draft capital to trade back up for a QB.  I'm rooting for the Steelers to win as many games as possible.

You've got it all wrong.

The only way to build a winning franchise is by stockpiling good, serviceable, players.

In this FA era the ONLY way to do that is through the draft. That's the NE Bellichek model.

The only rational choice to start digging ourselves out of this pathetic spiral we're in would be

to TRADE DOWN. Multiply your draft luck by x2, x3 times. 

So we obviously will not do that. Maybe we'll even trade UP 🤪

I definitely see the Skins trading down, wherever they end up.  They rarely move away from players quickly these days so the idea of us doing like the Cards and drafting two franchise QBs in back to back years doesn't seem likely.  We're still happy with Kerrigan and won't give up on Sweat quickly so an edge rusher is less likely,  so that means the top people aren't going to be guys they're looking at but will be in demand

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Out of curiosity, since Haskins is now starting....let's say he surprises and leads the team to a 6-2 record the rest of the way.

Are you pissed? lol...

Hell no because it most likely means Haskins has shown some really good stuff, which in my opinion would outweigh the negative of losing out on a young. Need to nail down that QB spot, how’s Denver doing with a couple great edges and no QB? 

1 minute ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Hell no because it most likely means Haskins has shown some really good stuff, which in my opinion would outweigh the negative of losing out on a young. Need to nail down that QB spot, how’s Denver doing with a couple great edges and no QB? 

I'm thinking of the people who fear ending up 4-12 because "we may not even end up picking in the top 10!" lol...mind you, they fully want Haskins to ball out, they just want the Skins to keep losing while he does.

Archived