Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next GM?

skins2victory

On 1/29/2020 at 1:41 PM, goskins10 said:

The draft is considered the end of the cycle. It is quite normal for teams to not bring in a new GM until after the draft. At this time they already know who they want if they become available. And yes Rodgers is the contract guy as far as I can tell. 

If they come out of the draft and decide they do not need a GM, I will be disappointing. But for now, as I said this is actually quite normal. 

If they say they don’t need a GM, Lyle Smith is the GM, however final roster decisions would reside with Rivera.  

However, that honestly might not matter if Kyle and Ron are on the same page.

I think how they approach FA, and how successful they deem it, will go a long way to determine if they hire an outside GM.

Anyone who has listened to Rivera being interviewed, by numerous sports outlets, know that he has mentioned how well the Redskins have drafted the last few years, and the young talent he sees on the roster just requiring some development, mentioning changing the culture of practices and motivation. And the one name he mentioned that he felt was behind those good drafts is Kyle Smith.  I would like to see Smith as GM. I don't think Rivera had to mention him, so the fact that he did means he saw something that he liked.

• 2 months later...

Archived