Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be the next GM?

skins2victory

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One league source said to keep an eye on Bills assistant general manager Joe Schoen. Rivera has close ties to Buffalo GM Brandon Beane, and Schoen has been his top lieutenant since 2017. Schoen has scouting experience and ties to Carolina as well. He worked in Miami before he made the move to Buffalo. 

CBS reported that the Redskins could pursue a reunion with Morocco Brown. He has experience in the Redskins front office, has a strong performance record now in Indianapolis, and has ties to Rivera from the Bears. Brown could be a slam dunk, particularly considering he has strong relationships with Snyder and Joe Gibbs, something that is very much an asset.  

I'm interested in the names being mentioned but also the roles they would likely play. If as is being reported, that Ron is happy with or going to at least give the guys in place a chance with this draft and is happy with the current roster that's particularly set up with many of their draft picks, my hopes is that he doesn't see this as a "bad" front office but more as an undersized one.

If we were to have a Schaeffer, Smith, Wlliams, Morgan, Brown Schoen, etc front office, that may be too many "big" names at the top without enough regional scouts and layers in between, but if we say name one of them as a GM, keep drectors of _____ personnel, name some more positions that different scouts report to and just do a better job of increasing the amount of player information out front office can process, then its a win for me. 

Tepper is looking to go in heavy on analytics so it's not surprising that this guy would be allowed to leave as they invest in that department from the top down. 

Pair this guy with a Dan Morgan type and I'm happy. 

43 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not sure I like the idea of the coach choosing the FO, and resulting in long-time loyal Redskin officials losing their jobs.

I think I disagree. I think that a coach deserves to be able to have a staff he's comfortable with. Plus, I think it's a big advantage to get front office people who know what kind of players that coach really wants and who excel in his system.

59 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not sure I like the idea of the coach choosing the FO, and resulting in long-time loyal Redskin officials losing their jobs.

No one who's been in that building is clean. I don't want someone who was able to thrive in that viper pit environment, cleaning that out is part of changing the culture. 

On 1/6/2020 at 1:54 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

No one who's been in that building is clean. I don't want someone who was able to thrive in that viper pit environment, cleaning that out is part of changing the culture. 

I said this in another thread.

Start from the left, go to the right, carpet bomb the whole lot of them.

CF58A434-4705-4590-8BEC-F709DAFE57D6.gif.707371ca8b6a242037fc7858c4c03d4a.gif

None of them have won jack didly poo, and it’s time for full on regime change.  

On 1/6/2020 at 12:58 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

If those people were that loyal the would have exposed the bull**** and convinced Dan long before now that what was going on is wrong. 

Silence is complicity! They didn't speak up enough if at all so out they go! Maybe you lose a few good people. But if they are good at what they do they will land somewhere else with no problem. 

8 minutes ago, Panninho said:

We lost a warrior but the battle rages on unabated. Next man up. 

Finding a competent capologist is a much easier task than acquiring a top level talent evaluator with great organizational skills.

Hire a good corporate head hunter, have them select the pick of the litter from one of the top 5 accounting firms (dealing with the NFL cap is childsplay compared to the serpentine financial minutiae of a fortune 500 company), offer a compensation package they can’t resist and never look back.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:54 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Old Arapaho saying: you don’t clean out a snake pit by simply exterminating the largest viper (aka Bruce Allen).

Archived