Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Vikes

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Its 2019 and you're railing against the one thing that makes the NFL the most popular sport in America despite the fact it's objectively gotten worse for the last decade now, as a product--that one thing is fantasy football. Trust me, I'm right and you're wrong, and a billion dollar industry agrees. You're in a tiny minority. 

Im also a real fan.  But whatever.

• Haha 1

by the way, this team also lost it's HIGH 2nd ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR, in part due to Dan Snyder and Dwayne Haskins.  A pick that ought to be in DESPERATION mode to have.   Because Snyder forced the team to take the "league done wrong" kid at #15, if the reports are true, everybody with a football brain in their build was pissed off about that, and the front office crew then allowed the actual scouts to trade back up into the 1st round (giving up next year's 2nd) as a "peace offering" where the front office got what they wanted "the league done wrong" kid but also allowing the scouts to get something they wanted (Montez Sweat), who also looks like a major bust, too, btw, costing them next year's 2nd rounder in the process.  Which is so high its almost a first rounder.  And they wont trade Trent williams.  they could be sitting with practically 3 first rounders, but .....they're the redskins, and dan snyder runs them, so enjoy "league done wrong" kid with his atrocious completion % of passes beyond 6 yards in the air

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Kirk Cousins has looked exactly as he did here that made it so hard to pay him fully guaranteed but such a bad idea to alienate him and then kick him out the door. This is his game and it works if you have a good team. Smh 

Cousins looked tonight like he does against any defense that can pressure him. He goes into a shell.  His one big pass to Diggs was underthrown otherwise that is an 80-something yard TD.   

Dude is who he is and beating a garbage team is kind of his thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

skins covered.   That’s a win in Allen’s book.  

That’s right up Allen’s alley.  If he ever speaks publicly again, I can hear him now:

”What gets lost in our 1-7 record, and it’s really unfair, is that we’re 3-5 against the spread.  Clearly, we’re close.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Seeing AP in a Redskins uniform on the sideline just feels so 2000. And it makes me realize how much we haven't changed. Even Gibbs and Shanahan thought they could fix it. Nobody. 

Were a garbage franchise now and we were once so proud and fun.

I admit, because I'm 31 and a first generation Skins fan transplant,  I have no connection to the good times, but those championship narrations on NFL Network really made me realize just how far we've fallen.

Far enough that we're never gonna get back to that. Ever. Too much blood in the soil 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Leonard Washington said:

We still suck but Callahan is a better coach than Gruden. 

I think the biggest difference right now is Callahan is using the personnel better.  He isn't trying to make AP fit into a foreign rushing scheme, he signed a fullback and changed back to a more downhill power rushing game.   I'd like to give him credit, but at the same time, that is sort of common sense and more a knock on Gruden being stubborn than anything.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Im also a real fan.  But whatever.

A "real fan". Get a life. Everyone here (in the midst of a disastrous season no less) on a ****ing message board of all places in the year of our lord 2019 to talk about this **** show is a "real fan". There is no hierarchy. You are not special or on a higher tier of fanhood. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Haskins is a disaster...he looks like he's playing AAU hoops and can get by on size and talent alone. The coaches know he's clueless too. Josh Johnson was a better qb option than any of our QB's we've run out there this year and its not even close. At least he had a clue and made plays. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Cousins looked tonight like he does against any defense that can pressure him. He goes into a shell.  His one big pass to Diggs was underthrown otherwise that is an 80-something yard TD.   

It’s been a while but I forgot Just how salty Cousins makes you.  

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

3206BFF9-2964-4490-AAD3-6FE84E3D1545.gif.58aecd3cf3eb93ba73d656038bb4e957.gif

This guy makes a playoff every 5 years and gets excited. Like a vampire feeding every few years before going back into his cave. Sell the ****ing team

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Dude was 23 for 26 285 yrds.  that aint chump change

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I see it as terrible. Other teams can intentionally tank, but a team too stupid to do so like us suffers the most. Could be staring at a true franchise changer right now at 0-8. Instead we'll potentially trade the farm to do so 

I doubt the teams likely to have the top 2 picks will trade them. And our FO will refuse to admit that Haskins might nt be the answer. Especially when they can't get one of the top 2 QBs.

As predicted the first time we run into a team that can actually score points, our "run run pass" can't keep up. And they weren't even trying to run it up or anything, they ran out the clock for a whole half. But you can't run the way Callahan wants when playing from behind in the second half against a team that can score points. Early on we moved the ball a bit by switching it up on 1st down and using PA passes, of course. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s been a while but I forgot Just how salty Cousins makes you.  

I made sure to not put any salt on my dinner tonight so I could save the entire shaker for the game.  I hope I didn't disappoint?