Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread- Skins at Vikes

TK

Again, I feel bad for the defense. You can tell in the first 3 quarters that they are trying to win a game. OK, except for Norman and 3rd and longs. But the offense is so putrid in scoring that I'm sure they get frustrated at times. Not to mention that usually by the last quarter they are tired because the offense goes into quick outs mode. That's 2 weeks in a row where the D has TRIED to show up, but the O wants us to get that 1st draft pick.

4 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Three quick thoughts before I crash out.

Haskins really ain't ready yet.

The Vikings fans were pretty classy applauding AP's achievement like they did.

1-7 ****ing sucks.

I feel better about 1-7 than 2-6

Just now, BleedBNG said:

Again, I feel bad for the defense. You can tell in the first 3 quarters that they are trying to win a game. OK, except for Norman and 3rd and longs. But the offense is so putrid in scoring that I'm sure they get frustrated at times. Not to mention that usually by the last quarter they are tired because the offense goes into quick outs mode. That's 2 weeks in a row where the D has TRIED to show up, but the O wants us to get that 1st draft pick.

I actually felt Norman didn’t play that bad but he can’t cover 1 on 1 anymore. Dude was in or around the ball a lot and made some sound tackles. If he ever manned up and made the move to FS the way Woodson did he could add a few years to his career.

Its so sad to have a quarterback who can't get over not being drafted by his favorite team and makes it apparent in his post-game conference.  For those who didn't hear him, he said the Giants game was difficult for sentimental reasons also.

The thing I miss the most about Cousins is despite the stupid relationship he had with the "decision makers", he acted like he loved the team.  He would hype the team in his press conferences.  He actually showed he cared.

1 minute ago, charles mannley said:

Its so sad to have a quarterback who can't get over not being drafted by his favorite team and makes it apparent in his post-game conference.  For those who didn't hear him, he said the Giants game was difficult for sentimental reasons also.

I mean, at this stage, I'd love for Haskins to be playing for the Giants more than Haskins would.

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

That was a good game against a good football team in their stadium.

The D is playing well considering they have Josh Norman as a starting CB.

I get the average JNo hate this year... But he is hurt, and only dressed for emergency situations.. That happened to be before the half when Dunny got hurt (again). If he is still injured as reports show his reserve role should be at safety not throw him in vs a top wr. 

Felt like tbis couldve been ha dled better... Knowing that Dunny will likely be hurt, coach shouldve had a better plan gor Josh

10 minutes ago, charles mannley said:

The thing I miss the most about Cousins is despite the stupid relationship he had with the "decision makers", he acted like he loved the team.  He would hype the team in his press conferences.  He actually showed he cared.

Are you serious? This is a MAJOR problem if accurate. 

15 minutes ago, charles mannley said:

Cousins wasn't the reason that was happening. Winning was the reason. Players did the same in 2018 when we were still winning. It's just kind of hard to stand in front of the podium at 1-7 and hype the team while not looking like an oblivious bubblehead who vomits sunshine. If Haskins and Keenum were up there and trying to hype the team, I'd be concerned about their health.

25 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Haskins really ain't ready yet.

This is what we get for Jay putting no effort to getting him ready or front office having a plan for development.  

Its infuriating because I was yelling about this nonstop back in August, now here we are.  Might ad well jus roll with it, but damn...

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

I think the defense needs to take on a “we need to score” mentality too.  It’s not fair, but it’s reality.

Too bad the league has all but eliminated this as an alternative via SP teams. Remember the days when a solid run game, and dominant D /teams was good for 10-12 dubs if you had an ass quarterback?

2 hours ago, Makaveli said:

Kirk was held to no passing touchdowns. They are probably celebrating right now.

Indeed, hard not to celebrate when you get outgained 2-1, give up only 6.5 yards per play, and the opposing QB manages a 112 QB rating without throwing a single TD.

It was that moment I realized Kirk actually threw only one incomplete pass in the entire game, if you dont count the 2 balls he threw away out of bounds.  That one incomplete pass was a drop by Dalvin Cook.

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

Honestly, Ill feel bad for the defense when they actually show up,  The scoreline was deceptive as the defense got rolled.  First time in 15 years a defense didnt force a single punt from the vikings.  Gave up 6.5 yards per play which is terrible.  Allowed Kirk to complete every pass but 1 drop and 2 throwaways.  Literally the only thing they did well was a few sacks on Cousins, the rest of the time they got lucky with some bad holding penalties and missed opportunities by the Vikings in an easy win.  

3 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

In the last 5 games, we've averaged 7.2 points per game.

Seven. Point. Two.

And that's skewed because we scored a massive 17 points against the dolphins. In 4 of our last 5 games against non-Dolphins, we've averaged, get this, 4.75 points per game.

and we're still only on pace to pick 3 overall. Could really do with Cincy and the dolphins picking up a win. They have to play each other too though so both of them can't lose that one.

Those who weren't on board before need to get themselves onto the Tank train. We're 1-7. Playoffs are probably out of reach even if we miraculously win out the season. Playoffs would be embarrassing even if we got there.

I fail to understand anybody who actually wants to win another game this year.

Embrace the suck and hope we can do something with that draft capital (minus the 2nd rounder of course). We need a full bore rebuild. Unlikely for sure that Bruce could even make that work in our favour, but it's at least a scenario that's not completely miserable. Going 4-12 or 3-13 and missing a top 3 pick would be worst case scenario in my book. We suck, there's no hope coming from the field as we suck pretty bad but we don't suck enough to have any hope off it at 4-12 - No high draft pick, it's just permanent mediocre purgatory.

1-15 might be enough to get Bruce canned too.

Just another kid who’s head got blown up in college from his friends and coaches about how good he is that now realizes he is a infant in a grown person game. 
All this team had to do was keep Kirk, Run AP and with the couple good WR’s we have now they would of won the east for the next several years to come starting this year. 
without the QB though none of the other elements matter. 

1 hour ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

It is very clear that while Haskins has the physical arm talent, picking him at 15 was a horrific mistake by the owner. 

Snyder has been meddling in QB decisions since 2000 starting with Jeff George. He's never going to change

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is what we get for Jay putting no effort to getting him ready or front office having a plan for development.  

That's undoubtedly the line the FO would trot out now.

Problem is, there's a big difference between "gets tricked by NFL DBs and can't call all the protections yet" and "can't hit wide open WRs with his feet set."

I was firmly in the "start him now" camp before last night. Now, I'm doubtful. He seems to be lacking even in the basics. We really don't have five years for him to learn that stuff. I'm getting reminded of Todd Marinovich (minus the drug problem), for those old enough to remember him.

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Defensively, yeah.  Ultimate bend but don’t break, which is good against this team.  Although the Vikings never punted.

The offense though, I can smell their doo doo across the country.  Over the last 12 quarters of football, they’ve scored 26 points and 17 of them were against Dade County Community College.

Yeah, the offense is brutal but we only had only 2 punts all game and none in the first half.

My expectations are not high but it would be nice to see the defense get its **** together as the season goes on, that will give me some hope going into next season if we can find a QB.

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I admit, because I'm 31 and a first generation Skins fan transplant,  I have no connection to the good times, but those championship narrations on NFL Network really made me realize just how far we've fallen.

Far enough that we're never gonna get back to that. Ever. Too much blood in the soil 

We weren't good in 2000. But we signed Bruce Smith and it was awkward. 

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Seeing AP in a Redskins uniform on the sideline just feels so 2000. And it makes me realize how much we haven't changed. Even Gibbs and Shanahan thought they could fix it. Nobody. 

Were a garbage franchise now and we were once so proud and fun.

In fairness AP was supposed to be the backup this year. 

Archived