TK

Game Night Thread- Skins at Vikes

5 minutes ago, Csup said:

I did the same thing.  Expected Cousins to drop 4 TD’s on this D.  Give the Skins D some credit.

Im saying I could never root agains the skins.  Not even for some fantasy football points. Smh

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hey... we get it. There’s many of us here who haven’t been on the Haskins bandwagon. You’re not the only one. Being right for the time being is great, and trust me, people know it. 

No need to keep posting it. 

What I find funniest is how he harps on how he “studied” Haskins. As if he has some sort of credentials for us to believe in. He watched some YouTube clips lol

Edited by ddub52

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I look at Haskins and think that this dude has no idea how hard you have to work to be an NFL QB. All I see is him standing around on the sidelines with this "when are they gonna put me in" look on his face. I'll chalk it up to his immaturity and just bad coaching but I am not liking what I'm seeing thus far. That coupled with all the media reports that the Skins are dropping the ball on his development and you just need to shake your head. 

I don't get it. The reports on his personality were the exact opposite of this. He's supposed to be an extremely hard working guy who relishes film study. Is that not true? 

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

The issue is if Haskins isn’t the answer how do we move forward when our FO want him the franchise QB?  Our future coach is gonna be forced to use him. 

Yep. The new coach will be forced to work with him. Same w/ Gruden when he was hired. It's a loser situation that causes dysfunction. Dan needs to fire himself. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I look at Haskins and think that this dude has no idea how hard you have to work to be an NFL QB. All I see is him standing around on the sidelines with this "when are they gonna put me in" look on his face. I'll chalk it up to his immaturity and just bad coaching but I am not liking what I'm seeing thus far. That coupled with all the media reports that the Skins are dropping the ball on his development and you just need to shake your head. 

Yeah I mentioned this earlier in the week and posters weren’t happy about that opinion. 

You did a pretty good job explaining my thoughts.

i see some talent there and the deep throw in preseason was a beauty; however, I don’t think he makes it with his current attitude and the poor coaching that we seem to have.

contrast his attitude and way of approaching the game with Mclaurins..night and day.

2 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Well, if Haskins fails, we are done for the next what 5-6 years at least.

We might get Alex Smith next year - yeah

He will be back

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Losing is just getting so old. I feel like I’ve been watching the same movie forever. I have no idea why I even watch anymore. Back to the Caps game 

In time for another Ovi snipe TYVM

• Thanks 1

Just now, dyst said:

Haskins and Sweat our top 2 picks. lol

Sweat is having a decent game IMO.

Haskins on the other hand is putrid.

This is about that time in the game where you have to let Haskins go out there and throw the ball.  Sure, he may fail, and the game becomes a laugher, but if you just start calling plays like you are scared, it isn't going to do anyone any good.

• Like 1

their best bet is to just let him throw the ball deep at some point where he doesnt HAVE to be a QB , he can just heave it up there and if its completed all the people who know nothing about QBing will celebrate it.   of course, in the case of this kid its not a sustainable gameplan but it might get a flash play, maybe, if he can even throw it accurately.  he didnt in college.

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

And our second pick next year 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

Losing is just getting so old. I feel like I’ve been watching the same movie forever. I have no idea why I even watch anymore. Back to the Caps game 

GO NATS!

1 minute ago, dyst said:

I thought we had a potentially elite draft... but it rested in how our major picks worked out.. they don’t look good so far.

plus side is that mclaurin looks elite, and Holcomb and Harmon might find a place as starters.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Im saying I could never root agains the skins.  Not even for some fantasy football points. Smh

It’s not rooting.  It’s taking advantage of your team being terrible.  If they suck you get pts. If they play great you get to enjoy a win.  No lose situation. 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

why not call a deep shot for DH to Terry????

How are the skins going to run out the clock if they do that?