1. 1. Is it a foregone conclusion?

• Redskins
    • Vikings
    • I'm looking for my needle nose pliers
    • Please, Fox, show Snyder mad as hell, choking Allen

16 minutes ago, London Kev said:

We're bad, but we're not 1-7 bad. 

Agreed. We're 0-8 bad. 

We are getting curb stomped Thursday night. Kirk will have his revenge. AP won't even play. Bryce Love will buzz the nurse for some more post-op pain meds as he recovers from his second knee surgery. Redskin Nation will get to bed by 10. 

4 hours ago, Alexa said:

This will be a blowout. Vikes are a way better team across the board. 

I was just looking at that.  PFF scores.   Looks like at least based on PFF metrics, Rhodes is having an off year.  Looks like their secondary and O line can be had.   Dalvin Cook was one of my guys in a big way years back on the draft thread.  If they lose Thielen it should hurt.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 1.50.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 1.51.05 PM.png

Kirk not going the Kyle Shanny route.  It doesn't surprise me.  It's not his style.   According to Grant Paulsen who was close to Kirk, he said really there is one dude that made him want to leave and just one -- Bruce Allen.  

I've read multiple times, Kirk is tight with Kevin O'Connell and some others here but I bet he'd enjoy winning this one.  

Kirk is red hot right now.  He's a streaky QB.   I think he's on the aggregate a good QB and can be very good at times and bad other times.  But I'd bet he's happy where he's at.  He has a good GM there.  He has a good team around him that can win games.  For Kirk to get over the hump he needs to show he can win games late in the season.  Will he?  Got no idea.  Will see.   Is he better than anyone we've had since?  Easily IMO.    Hopefully Haskins rectifies that at some point. 

As for this game specifically, it's in his wheel house.  He's playing a mediocre defense.   The opponent's QB (Keenum) IMO can't keep pace with him.    It's the type of game, Kirk tends to perform well in.  His bugaboo tend to be the first two games in the season for whatever odd reason and games against elite defenses especially late in the season.  The Redskins sadly don't have an elite defense so my prediction is Vikings 27  Redskins 14.  

I'd love to see Peterson play.  Hopefully his ankle injury is properly healed.  I got zero faith that Keenum can avenge squat on his old team.   Peterson on the other hand is a warrior. 

My pure dislike for Snyder and Bruce make me want them to feel humiliated and for Kirk to play well. It's sad but that is what those two have done to me as a fan.  I want them to feel 100% humiliation and that would mean for the Vikings and our ex QB to just destroy the Skins for another embarrassing game on national TV. 

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

He says hes ready to roll..according to pft

See, to me this is ridiculous. Why are we trotting out an old ass fossil at RB? Everything for the rest of this season should be about the future. I want to see Reynolds carry the load, not an old RB who 100% will not be here next year.  

Thank God for the Nats. 

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

My pure dislike for Snyder and Bruce make me want them to feel humiliated and for Kirk to play well. It's sad but that is what those two have done to me as a fan.  I want them to feel 100% humiliation and that would mean for the Vikings and our ex QB to just destroy the Skins for another embarrassing game on national TV. 

I got mixed emotions watching this one.

A.  I can't ever root against the Redskins in real time during a game.  It's too ingrained in me.  I am that way even with a high draft pick on the line late in the season in a meaningless game.  But when a game like that ends and we lose, I am pleased.   The key for me though is the game has to be over.    So it sort of a win win for me watching games during a lost season where I want high draft picks,  Granted I'd much rather have a good season but beggars can't be choosers sometimes. 

B.  I am never into any ex-Redskin player and that includes Kirk.    But it does interest me that Bruce apparently hates Kirk and vice versa  at least according to some people -- and I want anything that makes Bruce look bad so we can get a real GM.   If Kirk's performance was a direct pipeline to putting Bruce on the ropes -- I'd be all in.  But Bruce has so many other problems cooking on so many fronts that I wonder if it even matters anymore?

Archived