Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We lead the league in vendetta games


Recommended Posts

It says an awful lot about this organization that every year, a handful of opponents circle the Redskins game on their calendar for no other reason than they feel like the team has simply ****ed him over.

 

Usually you have to be good to get this type of rage out of an NFL opponent. We do it while being historically bad. It's honestly impressive. I'm impressed.

 

We just got through Kyle Shanahan engaging in some bizarre "In the Name of the Father" revenge fantasy - to the point that he gave the game ball of the worst football game ever played to his father who has multiple Super Bowl rings....and it seemed to mean something.

 

I honestly didn't even realize that we played the goddamn Vikings on Thursday until I looked at the schedule this morning.

 

Super. Another dude who dreams at night of pooping on Dan Snyder's face on the 50 yard line during halftime as the band plays Hail to the Redskins.

 

I mean, I guess we need to hope that Jay Gruden goes to work for his brother so we limit that "Path of Rage" to just one game.

 

I can only hope Snyder is thinking about taking away Rob Ryan's parking space.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it makes sense considering almost every player that leaves the franchise goes to a better team.  

 

It is the same thing as that stretch where it seemed like the Redskins were every teams' "Get Right" opponent.  Washington would be hovering around .500 as always, yet any 0 or 1 win team that rolled into town managed to come away with their coach getting a Gatorade bath as the clock ran out.  It was pretty embarrassing.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And... the Redskins always do their part in taking a beating.  The only game I recall the Skins not getting bent over in was against the Rams with mcVey but then I guess he didn't harbor bad feelings towards the Skins.

           

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Handsome Norv Turner started this trend by the way. He faced the Redskins in the opener of the 2001 season as the offensive coordinator for San Diego. End result: he ran Ladanian Tomlinson off-tackle approximately 64 times and walked away with a 30-3 win. I don't think they had a play go for more than 4 yards all day, yet always had the ball and seemed to score on every drive.

 

Norv Turner -  the regulator, innovator, dominator, creator of data plus an imitator assassinator.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No one did it better than my man Jeff Fischer,  with the Coin Toss of Doom

The odd thing is that he didn't even have a reason to troll the Skins did he?  He never worked for the skins or had a vendetta did he?  

 

He was just an ass hat who thought he was something special and wanted to be cute for the coin toss.  Im guessing Bruce has already scheduled an interview with him to be the next HC.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

The odd thing is that he didn't even have a reason to troll the Skins did he?  He never worked for the skins or had a vendetta did he?  

 

He was just an ass hat who thought he was something special and wanted to be cute for the coin toss.  Im guessing Bruce has already scheduled an interview with him to be the next HC.

 

 

 

Nah he was bff's with Shanahan,  and was the one who dealt us the pick for RGIII, in exchange for that infamous haul (which aside from Aaron Donald, didn't really amount to a whole lot). 

 

If you remember, Mike Holmgren was the gm for the Browns at the time, and was also in play for that pick, but when we got it, he was all asshurt, and suggested Fischers relationship with Mike caused him not to conduct business in good faith.

 

Needless to say, they were tight, so when Shanghai Mike imploded here, and went out in a blaze of glory, it lit a fire under many of his homies, Fishy being one of em.

 

And there you have it.... The next year,  when we played them, at the coin toss, he makes each of  those remaining draft picks come out for the toss, and everyone eats it up. :)

 

Of course, it hilariously backfires on him later, as we whoop their asses the next year and he gets ****canned, but it was Richard level petty. And funny. Mostly because after all that, they still sucked.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well it makes sense considering almost every player that leaves the franchise goes to a better team.  

 

It is the same thing as that stretch where it seemed like the Redskins were every teams' "Get Right" opponent.  Washington would be hovering around .500 as always, yet any 0 or 1 win team that rolled into town managed to come away with their coach getting a Gatorade bath as the clock ran out.  It was pretty embarrassing.

That and the time where no name rookie back-up QBs used the Redskins to look like HoF before slipping back into unknown territory...

 

But yeah losing to the 0-19 or something Lions was embarrassing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

The odd thing is that he didn't even have a reason to troll the Skins did he?  He never worked for the skins or had a vendetta did he?  

 

He was just an ass hat who thought he was something special and wanted to be cute for the coin toss.  Im guessing Bruce has already scheduled an interview with him to be the next HC.

 

 

 

Fisher and Mike Shanahan are bros.

 

I'm sure after Mike was fired he shat all over the team and owner (some deserved, some not) so this was Jeff's why of sticking it to the Dan. 

 

Question is who are we going to piss off next? So far it's been the elderly, indigenous peoples, Redskins fans, current players (Trent) and former players (everyone who left). 

 

I have to hand it to Jay Gruden, he's taking the high road. He's a better man than me

Edited by Boss_Hogg
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

The odd thing is that he didn't even have a reason to troll the Skins did he?  He never worked for the skins or had a vendetta did he?  

 

He was just an ass hat who thought he was something special and wanted to be cute for the coin toss.  Im guessing Bruce has already scheduled an interview with him to be the next HC.

 

 

 

That quote above about if you meet assholes all day you're the asshole is cramming 20 years as a day.  And ignoring that a significant number of the people Dan brings in have reputations before they get here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I have to hand it to Jay Gruden, he's taking the high road. He's a better man than me

Jay has always been the employee of the month for the Redskins.

 

But in a few years, I wouldn't be surprised to hear him talk a bit about his time with the Skins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Jay has always been the employee of the month for the Redskins.

 

But in a few years, I wouldn't be surprised to hear him talk a bit about his time with the Skins.

 

I feel like as these things go the worst he can say is he had very little authority over anything but the game plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wildbunny said:

Rumors out there are that he even hadn't authority on who to play or not....

 

at what points?  Cause RG3 sat an entire year under him, this year Dwayne Haskins was never really considered for starter, he deactivated Adrian Peterson for a game.  Were guys like Ryan Grant and Byron Marshall actually Snyder and Allen favorites?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carex said:

 

I feel like as these things go the worst he can say is he had very little authority over anything but the game plan.

 

And even half of the game plan was ran by the guy who currently coaches the team.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It says an awful lot about this organization that every year, a handful of opponents circle the Redskins game on their calendar for no other reason than they feel like the team has simply ****ed him over.

 

Usually you have to be good to get this type of rage out of an NFL opponent. We do it while being historically bad. It's honestly impressive. I'm impressed.

 

We just got through Kyle Shanahan engaging in some bizarre "In the Name of the Father" revenge fantasy - to the point that he gave the game ball of the worst football game ever played to his father who has multiple Super Bowl rings....and it seemed to mean something.

 

I honestly didn't even realize that we played the goddamn Vikings on Thursday until I looked at the schedule this morning.

 

Super. Another dude who dreams at night of pooping on Dan Snyder's face on the 50 yard line during halftime as the band plays Hail to the Redskins.

 

I mean, I guess we need to hope that Jay Gruden goes to work for his brother so we limit that "Path of Rage" to just one game.

 

I can only hope Snyder is thinking about taking away Rob Ryan's parking space.

 

 

 

 

 

If Kyle Shanahan was using this game as a "revenge game", he waited too long. He coached the 49ers a couple of years ago when they lost to the Skins at FedEx.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

That and the time where no name rookie back-up QBs used the Redskins to look like HoF before slipping back into unknown territory...

 

But yeah losing to the 0-19 or something Lions was embarrassing...


even in that Lions game it was somehow the “Jon Jansen” revenge game 

 

He was cut that offseason in some bizarre way where they flew him back to Redskins park and told him face to face. 
 

Lavar Arrington & the Giants in 2006

 

Stephen freakin Davis with the Panthers in 2003 after Spurrier cut him 

 

And I think LKB is wrong. This all started with Brian Mitchell and the Eagles in 2000 after he was a post June 1st cut 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.”


 Raylan Givens Justified

 

That was a underrated serious. 

3 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:


even in that Lions game it was somehow the “Jon Jansen” revenge game 

 

He was cut that offseason in some bizarre way where they flew him back to Redskins park and told him face to face. 
 

Lavar Arrington & the Giants in 2006

 

Stephen freakin Davis with the Panthers in 2003 after Spurrier cut him 

 

And I think LKB is wrong. This all started with Brian Mitchell and the Eagles in 2000 after he was a post June 1st cut 

 

Does Desean Jackson fit this? Also Antonio Pierce, Champ Bailey

Edited by desertbeagle85
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, carex said:

 

at what points?  Cause RG3 sat an entire year under him, this year Dwayne Haskins was never really considered for starter, he deactivated Adrian Peterson for a game.  Were guys like Ryan Grant and Byron Marshall actually Snyder and Allen favorites?

 

I think your right. I don't think Jay had much to do with the players we drafted or got in free agency. He still had the choice as to who to start on Sunday. Gruden was awful and Snyder is worst.

 

Point is Gruden wasn't the answer with this team. Problem is either is Bruce and  the rest of the coaching staff. So firing Gruden really didn't do anything to help this team. All the trash is still there, taking away one bag doesn't clean the house. We need to get the dumpster out for this **** show.

Edited by desertbeagle85
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...