Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. 49ers

KDawg

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

See. Another guy who doesn't see the silver lining.

Did Moses hold when he got beat yesterday? No. If you don't move, you can't hold. 

That wasn't getting beat, that was the worst thing I've seen a lineman do in my life. Moses should see the bench immediately for that 1 play.

Moses is a good example though, better coaching isn't going to turn him into a mistake free player, he's just not that good.

We already hired the supposed best O-line coach in the business.

18 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Not all penalties are discipline related...

This is true for all sports but you commit a penalty when you're beat.

I.e.

You hold if the guy get's past you. You commit PI because the other guy is faster, etc.

Our roster isn't good enough to play mistake free football.

Preaching to the choir, my friend.  I’ve had this same debate with folks here before.  Typically when they are going nuts on the head coach they attribute penalties to coaching being lax.  

That was my point here, that last weeks penalty free outing was as a result of playing inferior talent but the moment they play legit talent the penalties will show up again.  They did of course.

I thought Apke keyed in pretty good and didnt bite on BS. I know it was wet, but nobody really got behind him. I'd love to see him play the rest of the season. He might be good with more playing time. 

Collins is ****ing nasty good. Hes leading the team in tackles I think.

22 minutes ago, Mooka said:

That wasn't getting beat, that was the worst thing I've seen a lineman do in my life. Moses should see the bench immediately for that 1 play.

Moses is a good example though, better coaching isn't going to turn him into a mistake free player, he's just not that good.

We already hired the supposed best O-line coach in the business.

When did we hire Dante Scarnecchia?

Also... I feel like you just crushed my joke with your bare hands. Then threw it to the ground and stepped on it. Twice.

Just now, goskins10 said:

Do you have any facts to support that? If so, please share. I would sincerely be interested.  

No, I don't it was just a remark as I have seen him flying by guys a couple of times. But I actually like his overall play so far. 

1 minute ago, Panninho said:

No, I don't it was just a remark as I have seen him flying by guys a couple of times. But I actually like his overall play so far. 

So then no, you just don't like him. His overall play has been very good. People just like to complain. But again if you have data i am more than interested. 

7 hours ago, profusion said:

Defense held up their side. AP did his part. QB switch needs to happen after the next game. I'd rather see Haskins run a limited package of plays than see more of the low-wattage garbage that Keenum is delivering. It's not like the results on the scoreboard could be much worse.

Defense held up because of rain and AP did not do his part. Rain won't be a fact this week. The real defense will show up and the Vikings are missing there number 1 WR. He turned the ball over when the Skins were moving the ball nicely down the field. We were down by 6 at that point. His fumble sealed a 49ers win. 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I thought Apke keyed in pretty good and didnt bite on BS. I know it was wet, but nobody really got behind him. I'd love to see him play the rest of the season. He might be good with more playing time. 

Collins is ****ing nasty good. Hes leading the team in tackles I think.

Collins is not worth the contract he signed. It will be another Norman situation in a couple of years. Is he good sure, but he's not a game changer. 

7 hours ago, RVAskins said:

Why didn't Keenum just sneak the ball when we needed 1 yard. I kept thinking QB Sneak....I just don't get the play call.

Yeah, I am so sick of seeing other teams doing it well when we just can't get a hold on the concept. Gerapi did a good job of it yesterday. Callahan should have them practice this during the weeks. Yeah, I know the last time Keenum tried it pole vaulting, but it's up to coaches to stop the non-sense and get them doing it right. One of the reasons you see Brady always making it is because he goes low. Bunch up and go low. 

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So then no, you just don't like him. His overall play has been very good. People just like to complain. But again if you have data i am more than interested. 

There are a group of people who believe you shouldn't sign anybody in FA, and you shouldn't throw a forward pass.  I think there's a lot of overlap in these groups of people.  The "BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!!!" crowd can't see the benefit of EVER spending on a FA.  Every FA is over-paid.  That's the way the system is designed.  

So Collins is a target because he was paid.  And that reminds people of when Snyder went out and spent good money on Deion Sanders.  So they're upset.  

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

When did we hire Dante Scarnecchia?

Also... I feel like you just crushed my joke with your bare hands. Then threw it to the ground and stepped on it. Twice.

:ols:

Sorry, I randomly jumped into the conversation after reading a couple posts. 

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Hopefully our HC used to be the OL Coach of our beloved once highest paid RT...

Watching that video makes me even sadder. Ford even pumps the brakes for a moment before turning on the blasters. That was the most pathetic play I've ever seen.

6 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Defense held up because of rain and AP did not do his part. Rain won't be a fact this week. The real defense will show up and the Vikings are missing there number 1 WR. He turned the ball over when the Skins were moving the ball nicely down the field. We were down by 6 at that point. His fumble sealed a 49ers win. 

Collins is not worth the contract he signed. It will be another Norman situation in a couple of years. Is he good sure, but he's not a game changer. 

Free agents cost more money. Right now were getting what we paid for and as bad as our defense is were not getting killed by TEs or passes over the middle. We get beat deep and outside. I'm sure SDH has something to do with that, because hes pretty good at that. 

5 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

That's pathetic. Our Oline coach must suck. Maybe we should promote him to HC.

Seriously though? To be that bad at "fall forward and push"? That stings a bit.

The best thing any of you can do at this point is to latch onto one of the few good things that have came though DC like I have done. There’s a few...

Kirk, Sean Mcvay, Lefleur, Kyle, Kendall Fuller and maybe a couple more. 
im here to tell you it’s a great new world out there when you do this that’s full of Wins and pride!

Archived