Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I will quickly fix the Redskins

BoycottEuphemisticFans

1.  I fire Bruce Allen today.

2. I promote from within Kyle Smith to Allen's position and publicly give him full authority.

3. I trade Trent Williams for a 1st tonight.

4. IN the offseason, I cut and/or work out retirement deals for the following:

J. Reed

J. Norman

* This will save $21 million dollars

5.  In the draft, I will trade one of my two #1s down far enough in the first round to acquire a 2nd round pick.  My draft will look like this:

1a - Andrew Thomas, OT  (the 3rd generation Samuels/Williams)

1b - Jalen Raegor, WR (faster than McLaurin, giving washington a unique pair of speed receivers on the outside removing both halves of the top of a defense)

2  - I take the best TE I can find.  Get me a blocking TE who can catch like a Greg Olson type.

3 - I take the best HB in the country.  A hybrid FB/TE who can play either equally well.  A Frank Wycheck type.  

Washington will now be able to sit in a 21 offense (2 Wides, 2 backs, 1 TE) with ultimate flexibility.  They will still have deep speed on both outsides.  And will have excellent middle receivers with the two tight ends.  Plus, they will be in a run personel giving them optimum results in both the running and passing game.  The frank wycheck guy can flex up to 2nd TE (like aaron hernandez used to be in NE) or lead block in the running game.  The possibilities are endless.  You'd also have a young cornerstone LT, I would resign Scherrff and bring in a better coaching staff to coach him and this offense up better.  I would take that extra cap money and invest in a high quality 3rd offensive tackle, I'd draft another guard in the 4th round to round out the depth.  I'd cut Trey Quinn as I de-emphasize the 3 Wide out formation.  When I want to go to it, I will bring in Paul Richardson for the slot (speed everywhere at the wideout position).

I would look to fix my offense next year.  And in 2021 then turn to the defensive side of the ball but I would invest in the best coaching i can in 2020 first.

Of course, they wont do any of this because the have the world's dumbest and most incompetent owner in the history of the world.  

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

But who’s your QB since in your opinion Haskins is the football equivalent to Hitler?

i'd play him and see what happens.  and no, i dont think anything of him but maybe with great players around him like at OSU he could do it.  And even if he cant the best thing this team can do is if they dont have a QB, then at least build up the team until they get one.  They're stuck with Alex Smith, as well, through at least next season.  maybe he gets to the point of being able to play again?  I dont know.  My focus next season really isnt even on that position, i would fix everything around it and my plan does that.  but yeah, haskins, to anyone like myself who actually studied him closely as opposed to just listened to max kellerman and stephen a smith recite his season total stats, knows that he cant play.  but you know who can?  Jalen Raegor.  A TCU WR.  Which they might be skittish about.  but he looks like a young desean jackson. only he will run more than deep routes

So you basically just took a list of things that each literally has its own thread and combined them into the same stuff here along with a rant?

And you want to sit in a 21 offense all day? And you think a 21 offense is "flexible"? You do realize that this is 2019 and not 1983, right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCAHzn7rqFNPv_8ZwrELY

I see this thread ending very well.

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

But who’s your QB since in your opinion Haskins is the football equivalent to Hitler?

To be fair, Hitler never threw 3 interceptions in one half of football.

If you are truly giving Kyle Smith full authority(though I'm not sure he is deserving of that power), then the rest of the OP is moot, because he would have full authority to cut, trade, draft who he wanted, so the rest of your "plan" would only happen if Kyle agreed (which I'm not sure he would with at least a couple of those choices, never mind that you are choosing draft picks like there isn't 31 other teams that may pick any of them), unless you are going to pull a Snyder/Allen and not really give Kyle full authority like you're promising, in which case, **** off!  We've had enough of that ****.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Why do people hype this Kyle Smith guy so much? If dude was that great he would have been snagged by another franchise by now. He goes along with the rest of the clowns. 

I've wondered that too. Maybe he will be good as the head football guy. But I'm more in the camp of clearing house and getting everyone out of there and starting fresh. It may be the same thing we've had for the past 20 years, but I'd rather see it done with different guys. Just moving one or two pieces out and promoting from within, or recycling the same guys back through isn't going to change anything. 

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So you basically just took a list of things that each literally has its own thread and combined them into the same stuff here along with a rant?

And you want to sit in a 21 offense all day? And you think a 21 offense is "flexible"? You do realize that this is 2019 and not 1983, right?

you know what.  you're right.  they should continue doing what they've been doing for the past 20 years.  

Just now, Taylor 36 said:

If you are truly giving Kyle Smith full authority, then the rest of the OP is moot, because he would have full authority to cut, trade, draft who he wanted, so the rest of your "plan" would only happen if Kyle agreed (which I'm not sure he would with at least a couple of those choices, never mind that you are choosing draft picks like there isn't 31 other teams that may pick any of them), unless you are going to pull a Snyder/Allen and not really give Kyle full authority like you're promising, in which case, **** off!  We've had enough of that ****.

Thanks. That's always a pet peeve of mine. People posts 'plans" that involve "hiring so and so as GM and giving them full autonomy" and then the next steps are who that person should hire, draft and trade. 

Completely contradictory at best. Nonsense at worst. 

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Why do people hype this Kyle Smith guy so much? If dude was that great he would have been snagged by another franchise by now. He goes along with the rest of the clowns. 

you're misappropriating what said to equal that I'm "hyping" this guy.  Let me rephrase it then for people like you.

1.  Fire Bruce Allen

2.  Hire me/you/Kyle Smith/the potted plant in the corner of the room/Mrs Doubtfire/anyone to Bruce Allen's role because, and this is the part you should pay attention to, genius, BECAUSE literally ANYBODY will give the SKins more credibility to resign a guy that they might need or sign a guy elsewhere that they might need or operate as a legit professional team than continuing with Allen.  Kyle Smith is a name I choose, it doesnt have to be him.

6 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

If you are truly giving Kyle Smith full authority(though I'm not sure he is deserving of that power), then the rest of the OP is moot, because he would have full authority to cut, trade, draft who he wanted, so the rest of your "plan" wou

you're right.  then swap out him and put me in the role because that is MY plan.  The thread title says it.  Does this team have a better one than me and mine?  Let me check their record the past 20 years.  (checked).  Nope, they dont.

8 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

you know what.  you're right.  they should continue doing what they've been doing for the past 20 years.  

I don't disagree with your stuff about Allen, Trent, Smith, etc. But the 21 personnel thing is weird. It's rarely run in the modern day NFL outside of the occasional short yardage situation or just to change things up some. Against the speed and complexity of modern day NFL defenses, using mainly a 21 base would only limit you, not give you more flexibility. 

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't disagree with your stuff about Allen, Trent, Smith, etc. But the 21 personnel thing is weird. It's rarely run in the modern day NFL outside of the occasional short yardage situation or just to change things up some. Against the speed and complexity of modern day NFL defenses, using mainly a 21 base would only limit you, not give you more flexibility. 

ok you're focusing too much on that.  i did not say live in the 21.  I even said when they go to 3 they can bring in richardson to the slot.  but if you have the RIGHT PERSONNEL in 21, it absolutley CAN be devastingly effective and flexible for you.  Because if you have an excellent HB as I suggest, you will have 4 excellent receiving options.  as many as any other team would dream to have.  in my plan (sounding like eliz warren), you'd have two legit deep threats, 2 legitimate underneath threats.  *BUT* you'd also be able to run more effectively with a with 2 te's generally speaking.  on passing downs you can keep 1 in, you could keep 2 in, you could send both out in the route, you could get teams playing up to stop that run formation putting to chance the strike over top, the underneath capabilities of a quality TE like a wycheck type.  you can split the HB out, there's a lot you can do BECAUSE its a balanced formation that, with my draft plan, adds the correct players to the positions of that formation.  and then OF COURSE, you can move out of that formation whenever you like.  i understand that haskins is terrible at it and only played out of shotgun at OSU so OF COURSE you'd play in other formations too.  but in a base package you could do so much with the right addtions added to the offense because its a formation you cant really cheat on defensively one way or the other, IF you have the right players on 0.

by the way, the 49ers are 6-0 with a full time FB.  And Bill Belichick agrees with me, not you on this matter.

12 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Anything with Dan still in charge is pointless I believe.

What I would do is can Larry Micheal and bring in Jim Brockmire, won’t make the team any better but the games would be far more enjoyable 😄

dont know him, but I prefer David Spade calling the games.

Archived