TK

Coaching Wars Episode VII - The Shanny Strikes Back aka Skins vs 9ers Game Day Thread

Callahan's play-calling on 3rd downs as been abysmal all game. 

no way this offense score. have to pray for a defensive score at this point. but i see 0 point ending

Edited by Yng Lady88

Ok I am convinced Callahan has no desire to win this game. Every pass play is sideways.  It is doing nothing to break the 49ers Front 7 from stacking the box.  Passing sideways is basically just a run game extension.  The 49ers defense is already selling out to stop the run so you are pretty much pass the ball to areas that are already covered.  

• Like 2

Anyone really think this team has a chance to score a TD with this putrid QB and offensive gameplan? I just cannot even comprehend the logic in not putting Haskins in there. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lose and everything to gain. I truly hate these coaches.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

God ya Steelers cowboys and niners fans all over the country..the niners were good once too lol

Yeah I mean the teams with big fanbases do have fans living all over the country true, but I specifically meant that much of DC's population is famously transient, people from all over in and out all the time. 

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Rain has pretty much stopped here in Richmond. Judt light rain and drizzle now.

Should stop in D.C. soon.

Still coming down but not as heavy at the stadium 

• Like 1

We all know the offense sucks, but what we find irritating is the lack of even trying to do anything with the ball beyond a few yards.  One pass to Quinn is the extent of the passing game, and not surprisingly he burned Sherman for it.  Otherwise it has been bad.

Just now, Csup said:

It’s almost like Callahan is playing for a close loss

That's the reality with guys like Callahan. He'd rather be conservative and lose a close game than be aggressive and maybe win, but maybe lose bigger so it looks worse. A close game is a win to these people, there is no killer instinct or finisher's mentality. 

Part of the problem is that these guys get paid a lot of money no matter if they win or lose. I know most everyone wants to win, but it seems like we have a bunch of people that just want a paycheck. 

Just caught up. 

Im not sure how I feel about this game. 

Effective running early, but the Niners adjusted and aren’t as vulnerable.

Defense has been overall stout.

Not sure why either OC called “reverses” in key situations in these conditions. 

Ugly game but relatively clean.

The OL has been pretty undisciplined today. Penalties. Standing there at the snap. But very good all in all in the run game. 

Offensive coaches showing a lack of balls as they haven’t gone down field for ****. I know. Conditions. SF is doing it.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1