Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Wars Episode VII - The Shanny Strikes Back aka Skins vs 9ers Game Day Thread

TK

13 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I hate to tell you this, but Dan, who owns the team and who will never sell is the architect of all our pain. There is no out, no solution, no resolve. Dan runs the the team, Dan wants to get it right but won’t, because he’s incompetent, and Dan can do that from the lazy boy on his 100million dollar yacht with the imax screen. Dan is literally everything wrong with our team and Dan will never admit that. Dan. Not Charley, Not vinny, Not Norv, Not Marty, Not Joe, Not Mike, Not Bruce, Not Bill.

I agree with you up to a point. BUT sometimes the toxic vileness hits epic proportion when you meet a personality type that so compliments yours.  In my opinion that is Bruce Allen.  And just keeping it real I am so afraid he is not going to go anywhere.  This is a bromance for the ages or should I say when Crown Royal met Coors Light.   

5 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Really?  The word is still out on Haskins but right now he does not appear to be someone  worthy of a 15th pick.  Sweat is a mediocre player, the notion that we got a steal is laughable.  Payne and Allen are good but nothing special, considering their draft positions.  Guice is a bust.  Even before his recent injury I saw nothing exciting about him.  McLauren is decent, I’ll give them that.  

I mean what impact player have they drafted in the last 10 years?  MAYBE you can argue Kerrigan and Reed.  We haven’t had decent middle linebackers in a decade. We haven’t drafted a decent outside WR in over 2 decades. The o-line drafts have been mediocre at best.  No talented TE drafted in a long time.  No quality CBS drafted in a long time.  No quality safeties.  How can you possible say they’ve drafted well?

10 years? Kyle has been the director of college scouting for like two years. Our last two drafts have been pretty good and comprise almost all our young talent, almost none of McCloughan's guys are left. 

Haskins is not a mark on Kyle's record whether he hits or misses, he didn't want him at 15 and that's the main drama within the organization right now. That was a Dan pick and everyone reported it. 

McLaurin is "decent"?? Come on man. Save your opinions on the current rookies regardless...they're rookies on a bad team with bad coaches. 

I didn't say Kyle was some genius who was guaranteed to construct a SB roster. I said his part of the operation is the only one doing at least something right recently, so the idea that we shouldn't want a high pick because Bruce is the one making the pick is a dumb strawman--THAT's all I was arguing against, if you look at what I quoted. No one who wants to crash and burn for a high pick even wants Bruce here to see it used--that's part of the whole thing. 

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like Lil' Shanny carries that same streak of vindictiveness and pettiness his dad has.  Your defense just pitched a shutout...but you'd rather let the embers burn on a beef so old, that most of the players on your roster weren't even active in the NFL to see?  And YOUR unit almost blew the game...

Even though where we are is probably a unanimous worst case scenario, I could see an alternate universe where Mike is the GM, Kyle the HC, and Bruce still in the fold as an executive.  That probably would've ended equally as bad...

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Thread was started 4 hours ago and there are 55 pages already.  Must be a record!

For a gameday thread? No way, I think they used to get much longer, there are way less people posting here on gameday in recent years than there used to be. 

2 minutes ago, megared said:

Looks like Lil' Shanny carries that same streak of vindictiveness and pettiness his dad has.  Your defense just pitched a shutout...but you'd rather let the embers burn on a beef so old, that most of the players on your roster weren't even active in the NFL to see?  And YOUR unit almost blew the game...

Even though where we are is probably a unanimous worst case scenario, I could see an alternate universe where Mike is the GM, Kyle the HC, and Bruce still in the fold as an executive.  That probably would've ended equally as bad...

Um, if things had been going well enough all these years for both of those guys to still be here, I think it's hard to argue that things would be going worse than they are. 

Of course Mike as GM was never going to happen, that was his downfall in Denver. 

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

For a gameday thread? No way, I think they used to get much longer, there are way less people posting here on gameday in recent years than there used to be. 

I’m not sure which game day thread had the most posts ever, but the Skins vs. Dallas 2012 game had 143 pages. I just looked it up.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not sure which game day thread had the most posts ever, but the Skins vs. Dallas 2012 game had 143 pages. I just looked it up.

Yeah that tracks. The posts used to come in so fast that holding a conversation was difficult, entire pages would fly by on a big play either way 

20 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

10 years? Kyle has been the director of college scouting for like two years. Our last two drafts have been pretty good and comprise almost all our young talent, almost none of McCloughan's guys are left. 

Haskins is not a mark on Kyle's record whether he hits or misses, he didn't want him at 15 and that's the main drama within the organization right now. That was a Dan pick and everyone reported it. 

McLaurin is "decent"?? Come on man. Save your opinions on the current rookies regardless...they're rookies on a bad team with bad coaches. 

I didn't say Kyle was some genius who was guaranteed to construct a SB roster. I said his part of the operation is the only one doing at least something right recently, so the idea that we shouldn't want a high pick because Bruce is the one making the pick is a dumb strawman--THAT's all I was arguing against, if you look at what I quoted. No one who wants to crash and burn for a high pick even wants Bruce here to see it used--that's part of the whole thing. 

I don’t think the person you responded to was speaking specifically of Kyle.  Also, because Kyle doesn’t make the final decisions absolutely we can’t trust the drafting.  

Again. I point to Montez Sweat.  Turning out to be a pretty bad move. The guy has shown nothing not only in productivity but even in potential.  Completely unable to keep his leverage turning the corner, something that should have been spotted on film.  His speed means nothing rushing the passer.  

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah that tracks. The posts used to come in so fast that holding a conversation was difficult, entire pages would fly by on a big play either way 

The game day thread wasn’t opened until like 10 minutes before the game today.  In 2012, that there would have caused riots.

18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Um, if things had been going well enough all these years for both of those guys to still be here, I think it's hard to argue that things would be going worse than they are. 

Of course Mike as GM was never going to happen, that was his downfall in Denver. 

If you told me when this group got together that nine years later we'd be in a worse position than we were when Zorn got canned, I wouldn't believe any of the three would still be here...yet here we are.  

I SMELL 1-15 COMING!!

THIS TEAM IS SO PATHETICALLY BAD THAT IN MY 45 YEARS OF WATCHING THEM, I CAN'T RECALL A WORSE, LESS TALENTED GROUP OF MISFIT LOSERS EVER CALLING THEMSELVES REDSKINS.

ANY FAN THAT WASTES THEIR TIME, MONEY, ENERGY SHOWING UP TO THESE MORONIC AND INCOMPETENT FILLED GAMES DESERVES THE FRUSTRATION AND DISAPPOINTMENT THAT SURELY FOLLOWS WASTING 3 HOURS OF YOUR LIFE.

29 minutes ago, garbageteam said:

I SMELL 1-15 COMING!!

THIS TEAM IS SO PATHETICALLY BAD THAT IN MY 45 YEARS OF WATCHING THEM, I CAN'T RECALL A WORSE, LESS TALENTED GROUP OF MISFIT LOSERS EVER CALLING THEMSELVES REDSKINS.

ANY FAN THAT WASTES THEIR TIME, MONEY, ENERGY SHOWING UP TO THESE MORONIC AND INCOMPETENT FILLED GAMES DESERVES THE FRUSTRATION AND DISAPPOINTMENT THAT SURELY FOLLOWS WASTING 3 HOURS OF YOUR LIFE.

16. REFRAIN FROM POSTING IN ALL CAPITALS.
On the internet, posting in all capitals is considered shouting, and as such is considered rude and offensive. Overuse of capital letters also creates a strain on the eyesight, and makes it difficult to read text. Caps should be used to show emphasis for only one or two words.

https://es.redskins.com/announcement/11-forum-rules-and-guidelines/

I know you’re new here, so this’ll just be a verbal warning, but make sure you read the rules I linked to above. The rules you agreed to abide by when you signed up here and that, unlike many forums, are actually implemented. Thanks. :) 

56 minutes ago, garbageteam said:

I SMELL 1-15 COMING!!

Dude...

Edit: nevermind, already been pointed out. 

1 hour ago, megared said:

Honestly I am happy for Kyle. These clowns in Ashburn have a habit of dirtying people’s names where “leaks” come out. Screw them.

1 hour ago, c slag said:

If Peterson doesn't drop the ball and the Redskins score on that drive, maybe they would have gotten the upset 

Rain and wet football had a lot to do with it, Peterson doesn't drop many balls 

But he did. 1 win teams screw up at the worse possible times. We are a 1 win team that has a 35 year RB.. lol.

4 minutes ago, Alexa said:

But he did. 1 win teams screw up at the worse possible times. We are a 1 win team that has a 35 year RB.. lol.

Right. And it goes both ways. If Jimmy G hadn't gotten stupid and thrown up a deep ball for grabs on that 3rd down which was intercepted they might have ended up scoring on that drive. The "if this didn't happen, then..." is very rarely a convincing argument to me.

and that's why I don't buy to much about what Shanny claims post Redskins tenure.  He's a self serving ass

I'm not a huge fan of the Shanahans, but Kyle's reaction is more a commentary on how pathetic Snyder and Allen are than his own "pettiness." I don't blame him one bit for sticking it to the little stooge. It's pretty easy to hold a grudge when someone messes with your family, and while I don't think Shanahan did a good job here as HC overall, Snyder and Allen without a doubt made things a lot more difficult for him than they should've been. 

Archived