Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Wars Episode VII - The Shanny Strikes Back aka Skins vs 9ers Game Day Thread

TK

42 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

Clearly don’t trust Keenum but Haskins still can’t see the field? Oh the weather will definitely be used as an excuse to trot sorry ass Keenum out there again. ****

Surely somebody in the building is thinking about starting the Rook at Buffalo.

I think I would.

This game was reminding me of '93 when we lost to the Jets 3-0. AP made sure that didn't happen. I don't know if we're the worse team in the NFL, but I do know we have the worst offense. They are pitiful. And we lose more in penalties than we gain. When we can't do anything to score, the D seems to pick it up a bit. But when we are ahead at any time (seems like long ago), the D slacks off. They never come together, but it's that way every year. Felt sorry for the D this game. Waiting for the O to do something and they keep screwing it up. The announcers were wondering if Haskins might go in. Yeah right, in this crappy weather? Sure. Keenum and McCoy are boring QB's, but with our Oline's pass protection (which is non existent), I don't mind keeping Haskins out for some games before he gets hurt.

1 minute ago, Leonard Washington said:

I have no idea what happened to Case.  He was decent at the start of the season.

He's hurt, he's rattled, he knows he has a rookie nipping at his heels (probably ready at the bye week and making better throws every week in practice), and he wasn't that good to begin with. 

In 20 years nothing has shown me that the skins will ever compete for a SB under this owner.  Winning a payoff game every 10 years and division title every 7 years does not count.  Right now Haskins is the latest hope for the future.

But when you have Allen as your VP and won't trade Williams out of pride instead of getting some quality draft picks explains why this team has issues.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's hurt, he's rattled, he knows he has a rookie nipping at his heels (probably ready at the bye week and making better throws every week in practice), and he wasn't that good to begin with. 

Plus his last chance to get another contract. Dealing with pressure is underrated in evaluating QBs. But pressure comes in many forms.

3 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

I have no idea what happened to Case.  He was decent at the start of the season.

Zero confidence. Gets happy feet quick and accuracy is piss poor. He's left a lot of points on the field. Finally actually connected w/ Quinn. Call me ignorant, but i just don't see what he's giving the team that Haskins can't at this point. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's also really just not an especially good QB. He's mediocre. He had one decent year with Minny with an absolutely stacked team but beyond that he's been nothing but backup material his whole career. 

Add to that what you mentioned...he's apparently playing somewhat hurt and he's probably rattled...and you get a poor QB performance. 

2 minutes ago, carex said:

would've just made it less tight

This idea that it's better to lose conservatively than play aggressive and maybe win or maybe have a worse-looking loss...it's a cancer that plagues this entire organization. It's mediocrity through and through and it IS our culture. 

2 minutes ago, #BgMase76# said:

Zero confidence. Gets happy feet quick and accuracy is piss poor. He's left a lot of points on the field. Finally actually connected w/ Quinn. Call me ignorant, but i just don't see what he's giving the team that Haskins can't at this point. 

I just watched Case's press conference and his confidence is shot.  The risk of putting in Haskins is ruining his confidence.

this dumb front office had qb that could play in this league coulda had him signed at 18-22 million a year in 2015 and built a good offense around him and they messed it up

i honestly feel we will never recover from that qbs dont grow on trees and this owner has no clue how to pick the

it was lick that shanahan decided to draft him in the draft even after trading the house for rgiii...

3 minutes ago, carex said:

I really doubt that.

Um...why? Players aren't robots. His job is a ticking time bomb even if he plays well, because of Haskins being our future. He knows he's auditioning for his next job in circumstances that aren't ideal. After being on 3 teams in less than 3 years right as he probably thought he had turned a corner in MIN. You don't think that has an effect on a guy's confidence? 

3 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I want Kurt to throw for 400 and 4 td's. Make Bruce and Dan look more stupid than they already are.

We're an awful team with a generally poor defense. Those are historically the teams Kirk plays well against. So you'll probably get your wish. 

1 minute ago, aszumilo said:

For someone that cancelled their fanship, why are you still here?

I think his fan card technically doesn't expire until tomorrow at midnight. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

What sucks is that we could finish with 2 or 3 wins and still not pick in the top 3. There are some god awful teams out there this season.

just remember, if you think the FO is incompetant than a top three pick isn't worth much more than a seventh round pick

Archived