Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Wars Episode VII - The Shanny Strikes Back aka Skins vs 9ers Game Day Thread

TK

Usually when a new coach takes over there is some kind of new energy injected.Ā  Callahan has had the opposite effect and a win over the hapless Dolphins shouldn't cloud that.Ā  If anything positive has come out of Callahan taking over, we see at least that the running game, using AP correctly can yield results, however it isn't enough to just show the world what it already knew, AP is an elite RB.Ā 

7 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I just don't understand why this team is playing by the ****ing book football at 1-5? Who gives a **** if you lose at this point? What I'm going to hate is the post game dialogue about how the Redskins gave the 5-0 team a good game. I ready to blow a ****ing gasket!!!!\\

Ā 

And I'm so ****ing pissed at Adrian right now. You are not suppose to be the guy that causes a loss. But you are today IMO.

um.Ā  then maybe you shouldn't listen to it.Ā  Just an idea.

8 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

? Ā  I didnā€™t noticeĀ 

Didnā€™t say no one knew it was wet, just commented that I think thatā€™s what made the game close. So theĀ weather was IMO the luckiest thing they had cooking.

Ā 

More on point, I donā€™t know if I agree with some of the complements for the defense when the ball was that heavy and wet. Iā€™ve sat through games in the rain but that by a mile was the worst.

Ā 

i know itā€™s not a ground breaking point, just weighing inĀ šŸ˜€

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Ā 

Oh I totally agree.Ā  This is a blowout in good weather if you'd have asked me.Ā  The reality of the situation though is the weather altered the way the teams played and for the majority of the game it was 1 possession.Ā  The Redskins aren't playing with anything of the line, what is this need to play it safe as if a turnover or losing by a few more points is going to change the outcome of something in the bigger picture?Ā  Go out there and try to win the damn game.Ā 

Ā 

we'd have had at least three receivers with torn ACLs if we tried to air it out in this weather

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Usually when a new coach takes over there is some kind of new energy injected.Ā  Callahan has had the opposite effect and a win over the hapless Dolphins shouldn't cloud that.Ā  If anything positive has come out of Callahan taking over, we see at least that the running game, using AP correctly can yield results, however it isn't enough to just show the world what it already knew, AP is an elite RB.Ā 

Ā 

To be honest this is exactly what I expected from Callahan. He's always been a super conservative run run pass 80s style offensive guy. He's not innovative or a risk taker. But he's at least a better leader than Gruden.Ā 

1 minute ago, mike42 said:

Can't complain. This was against one of the best in the league.Ā Expected a shut out, but our defense played good.Ā 

wow.Ā  you don't even realize how much the field & weather had to do with that.Ā  You're gonna be all shades of dissapointed/surprised when Minnesota puts up 400 yards and 30 points on this bad defense on Thursday.

When granted the absolute perfect opportunity due to weather to get an undeserved win?Ā  Cant score a single point, get a single scoring drive, and make any attempt to even look like trying to win.

Ā 

Bill Calahan for president, Bruce Allen is a genius, and looking forward to the "only lost by 9" roostering Brucey will do.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ā 

To be honest this is exactly what I expected from Callahan. He's always been a super conservative run run pass 80s style offensive guy. He's not innovative or a risk taker. But he's at least a better leader than Gruden.Ā 

Ā 

Right. I mean, he wasn't exactly hiding it, starting right with his presser. This is the type of football he believes in. What a coincidence that our young, apparently bright OC happens to agree.Ā 

Ā 

That's why I don't believe O'Connell actually has full control over the offensive playcalling. Either he is doing what Callahan wants and talked about in his presser, in which case we won't be able to evaluate if he's a brilliant young mind anyways...or this is his idea as well and he's a dope and not an innovator, in which case it doesn't matter.Ā 

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I'd say he did inject new energy. We started out at -5, now we're at 0. Under Gruden, it looked pretty clear the players had already clocked out before the halfway point. Aside from Moses, I do believe they're playing their hearts out now, they simply aren't good enough to do anything with it. Our QB situation is an example of that, to start with.

Archived