Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Wars Episode VII - The Shanny Strikes Back aka Skins vs 9ers Game Day Thread

TK

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didn’t say no one knew it was wet, just commented that I think that’s what made the game close. So the weather was IMO the luckiest thing they had cooking.

More on point, I don’t know if I agree with some of the complements for the defense when the ball was that heavy and wet. I’ve sat through games in the rain but that by a mile was the worst.

i know it’s not a ground breaking point, just weighing in 😀

I know.  I just wanted to be a smart ass.  redskins bring it out in me.  

I also agree your point 100%

2 minutes ago, #BgMase76# said:

That's where i am. Wanna know how autonomous KOC is in playcalling. The screen for a first used their aggressiveness against them. The play where Smallwood moved up closer to the LOS and he hit Quinn showed thought but other than that i saw nothing inspiring. 

Don't see how O'Connell could be the entire brain behind the playcalling if he's anything approaching the mind people said he was. He's suspiciously sticking to exactly what Callahan said he wanted in his presser, huh. Coincidence? 

It's also possible O'Connell is a fraud with no reason behind the hype, which has been my assumption all along. He only has hype imo because people want him to be the next McVay. We have no actual reason to think that's true, and he hasn't been around any of the same type of offensive minds other than as a backup briefly to Brady. He's a Gruden product.

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Because the Niners have a coach who can adjust, changes up formations and plays (even if they seem to look similar, they aren't), and plays to the strengths of the guys who he has on the field. 

Thx you good sir. I just needed that sanity check. I'm so DAYUM tired of seeing bunch formations and stacked boxes. We create stacked boxes and try to run on them. We don't spread the field or use half of it. We don't run slants, curls, or comebacks. 

Just now, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

I have been watching the Forums for over 5 years without ever signing up to reply on here. I just took the time to finally do it to cancel my redskins Fanship and head to the Vikings camp. RIP Skins. Much love!

Thanks for leaving!

Just now, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

I have been watching the Forums for over 5 years without ever signing up to reply on here. I just took the time to finally do it to cancel my redskins Fanship and head to the Vikings camp. RIP Skins. Much love!

Didn't need to sign up here to cancel your fanship.  Good Bye!

2 minutes ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

Don't let the door hit your 1 reply on the way out.

3 minutes ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

Bye man, gotta do what you gotta do. Hope this gets you the attention you wanted on your way out, your fellow fans' last gift to you

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

What does this have to do with anything at all. Every play that doesn't result in a TD has something go wrong on some level. You can find individual faults even on successful plays, it doesn't explain away an entire failure of a game. 

Unless these were your criticisms that you're listing, in which case...I'm glad you have some, I guess. 

those are my criticism, but if you legitimately believe that every non TD play has something go wrong then we have no common ground to speak on.  The other team successfully doing their job is not something going wrong with your play

1 minute ago, carex said:

those are my criticism, but if you legitimately believe that every non TD play has something go wrong then we have no common ground to speak on.  The other team successfully doing their job is not something going wrong with your play

I was speaking more on a macro level. Looking at it logically, you can find something that didn't go right on every non-TD play if you look hard enough. A block that could have been sprung, a juke that may have avoided a tackle. It's not a realistic way to look at the game, it was more commentary on the idea that you can isolate a few individual moments and blame a game like this on them. We scored 0 points despite everything going pretty much how we wanted for most of the game in terms of our running production and the defense holding up. There's something bigger wrong than just a couple players messing up their assignment on a couple plays. That happens all the time and isn't an excuse. 

2 minutes ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

The definition of stupidity is to continue to do what you know is not smart. That sums up being a skins fan 

Pretty much the essence of fandom. I hope the Vikings make you happy and you're able to fully buy in. That would be my fear switching teams, even if I were capable of dropping this addiction. That the new team would never feel "real" and enjoying their wins wouldn't feel "earned". I hope it works out for you.

But you can go now.

Archived