Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best seats @ Fedex?

GloryDaze

I'm looking to purchase single game seats for the Jets game. It's definitely the year to get a "discount" on single game tickets....
What section and rows would you recommend? Why?

Thinking closest to field might be nice -- are sections 101 & 142 best? Can you sit down during the game these days?

How does that compare to sections 121 & 122?

What about section 200 seats? Read that there are some issues with obstructed views and first 3 rows?

I'm not really interested in those seats right next to the field.

Sorry if this has been covered in other posts -- the renewing season tickets post was super long and hard to get the whole story.

Thanks very much! 

HTTR!

To keep it OT, any seats in the 200's, on the Skins side have great views. There are no obstructed views on the Skins side. 

As an added bonus, all of the seats in the last 4 rows are under cover.

121 & 122 have good views, but that's on the visitors side, in the direct sun, and you may be standing a great deal of the time.  For whatever reason, the bathroom & concession lines on the visitors side are worse.

I prefer the Club Level seats (300s). The seats are way more comfortable, the food offerings are better, they will serve you at your seat, typically have less opposing fans, and you can go inside if the weather is garbage. 

I see them on Stubhub for as low at $50/ticket. That is well worth it to me. 

Are you taking Metro or driving? If driving, make sure to get an Orange Parking pass. Then go in the Central Avenue entrance. Let's you go right past the Arena Drive pile up. 

46 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I prefer the Club Level seats (300s). The seats are way more comfortable, the food offerings are better, they will serve you at your seat, typically have less opposing fans, and you can go inside if the weather is garbage. 

I see them on Stubhub for as low at $50/ticket. That is well worth it to me. 

Are you taking Metro or driving? If driving, make sure to get an Orange Parking pass. Then go in the Central Avenue entrance. Let's you go right past the Arena Drive pile up. 

I agree with the club seats being the best from a value perspective. Only problem last year was that it seemed there weren't a lot available on Stubhub and the atmosphere in the seating bowl was pretty bad from it being perhaps 50 percent occupied at best. This season the Skins seemed to have gone back to the old ways of making tickets available to brokers and the prices have come down......hopefully that will result in larger actual in-game crowds...….the SF game will be a good barometer.

Skinsfan1311 is accurate in that from a atmosphere perspective, the 200s (first 12 rows or so) are solid in that those seats should be packed, but you're also going to pay significantly more on Stubhub for them, and not have the club level amenities. 

As far as parking, aren't the passes now directing you to a certain "letter" (side of stadium) to get people to park closer to their gate entry? Are the people who scan the passes lenient if you don't have the letter that corresponds to where you are driving in?

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I agree with the club seats being the best from a value perspective. Only problem last year was that it seemed there weren't a lot available on Stubhub and the atmosphere in the seating bowl was pretty bad from it being perhaps 50 percent occupied at best. This season the Skins seemed to have gone back to the old ways of making tickets available to brokers and the prices have come down......hopefully that will result in larger actual in-game crowds...….the SF game will be a good barometer.

Skinsfan1311 is accurate in that from a atmosphere perspective, the 200s (first 12 rows or so) are solid in that those seats should be packed, but you're also going to pay significantly more on Stubhub for them, and not have the club level amenities. 

As far as parking, aren't the passes now directing you to a certain "letter" (side of stadium) to get people to park closer to their gate entry? Are the people who scan the passes lenient if you don't have the letter that corresponds to where you are driving in?

I actually looked before I posted and there were a couple 1000 seats at Club level for that game. As for atmosphere I have to be honest i have not been to a game in at least 3 yrs. Not giving Dan any of my money. 

That is in no way an indictment on anyone going - unlike others who have been trashing fans that go. It's your money, go if you want and **** everyone else. Enjoy it. That is why I go Club Level - more comfy seats, better food, and weather protected area to watch the game, albeit on TV. 

I have sat everywhere else. the 100s get you close to the action. Love that but you can be too close and miss plays. 200 is probably the best view. Close enough to be part of everything but up a little so you can see plays develop. I already covered 300s. 400s are not bad when the stadium is full. You can really see plays develop. It's pretty cool. But you miss stuff like penalties, TOs and stuff you need to be close for. 

Stadium will be empty. You can likely try them all...  LOL  

13 hours ago, GloryDaze said:

I'm looking to purchase single game seats for the Jets game. It's definitely the year to get a "discount" on single game tickets....

Thinking closest to field might be nice -- are sections 101 & 142 best? Can you sit down during the game these days?

What about section 200 seats? Read that there are some issues with obstructed views and first 3 rows?

Sorry if this has been covered in other posts -- the renewing season tickets post was super long and hard to get the whole story.

Thanks very much! 

HTTR!

Please don't do that. No Redskin fan should be purchasing anything that provides revenue to Danny Boy.

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I actually looked before I posted and there were a couple 1000 seats at Club level for that game. As for atmosphere I have to be honest i have not been to a game in at least 3 yrs. Not giving Dan any of my money. 

Last year I went to five games, and sat in the club level four of them.  For the first home game of the season, against the Colts, and coming off a convincing win at AZ, the five rows directly in back of me had maybe 10 people the entire game. Out of at least 100 chairs. Horrible.

I would also look at certain club sections the week before the game and notice very few in the section on sale for Stubhub, but come gametime the section would be perhaps 20 percent full. I know some people like to go inside, but not THAT many!

Like I said, the lower prices on Stubhub SHOULD get more people out, even to see a 1-5 team, but another thing that is going to hurt attendance is the Nats being in the WS.  Enough people are going to want to pay the absurd prices on Stubhub for the potential "once in a lifetime" opportunity. Forget about having anything left over for a day at FedEx.

I do think there aren't that many "choice" seats at FedEx. Having to stand all game in the 100s due to Snyder's idiot dream seats makes them a deal breaker to me. The first 12 rows of the 200s and the entire club level are fine. The 400s are OK if you're low enough, but once you're above row 10, you get to a point where you might as well be watching at home. 

Thanks for all the serious responses. It sounds like the 300 level sections are the best because you have to stand in the 100 sections. The 200 level sections (not the first 3-6 rows?) on the home sideline also seem good, but there are not as many of these seats. I also found this website later -- https://www.rateyourseats.com/seating-guide/fedex-field-nfl.

For parking, I found the Red Zone lot was good for avoiding traffic heading North.

For those of you with a sense of humor, glad I could provide the straight-line for your jokes.

And I am aware of the need to send a message to Mr. Snyder et al. that the current management needs to change. I am not buying any more Redskins merchandise for the moment.

19 hours ago, GloryDaze said:

Thanks very much! 

HTTR!

Jets fan?

Hope so if not I'd suggest going to a bar. Cheaper drinks and believe me if you're a Skins fan you'll still need a lot of money. 

33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

As far as the club level, it's been years since I've sat there.  But I remember it being a w(h)ine and cheese crowd, some of which got uppity and annoyed if you cheered too loud or made any noise.  

Mostly sat in the club level for 20 years of going to games and I never experienced anyone getting upset for someone cheering too loud.  Then again, I tend to be mindful of others and don't feel the need to stand all game to block others view of the game (not a dig at you SS........just an observation regarding debates over the years of proper fan etiquette).

But the big problem with the club is that I don't see how anyone wants to shell out the prices the Redskins want for those seats. And last season you weren't seeing anywhere close to the sub $50 prices for them on Stubhub that you are this week for the 49ers. Supply was definitely being held back by the Skins on the secondary market, and thus the level was at least half-empty, if not more. It'll be interesting to see what the scene there is Sunday when you have a good but not really marquee opponent in the 49ers. 

200 level rows 4-7 are the best seats in the stadium hands down. You are under cover yet you have an incredible view of the field. Closer to the 50 yard line the better, but anything inside the 20 yard line is awesome. Home side of the field is a bit better because bathroom and concessions will have a bit shorter lines due to less seats, however it's not really that noticeable. Rows 1-3 offer an outstanding view also, but aren't under cover. Rows 8-12 are also great but the further you are back, the more the overhang is visible. Stay away from rows 13 and higher. The overhang is just too annoying at that point. Granted, some seats are decent, but I would rather sit elsewhere if given the choice. I've been to so many games, at this point, I usually try to get club level just to have access to the climate controlled concourse. It also offers a great view of the game play. And the tickets are usually cheaper on stubhub in the club level then they are for the 200 level rows 4-7 on the sidelines. But if it's a rare event you go to the game, you must sit in the 200 level, rows 4-7. Trust me.

Archived