NeverSurrender

Bench Norman

Im throwing this out there because to me, its very obvious.  After watching Dunbar become a pretty darn good corner as well as Moreau play good and Moreland in the fray.  Josh Norman gets beat like a drum over and over.  I think that Callahan can make an example of him by benching him.  He needs to be held accountable for his piss poor play this season and with Callahan's new "accountability" I think this is a must.  It would send a message that poor performance leads to the bench.  Thoughts?

Edited by NeverSurrender
spelling
  • Like 1

Norman excels (in a relative sense) in zone coverage.  Man is his weakness.  Good example of knowing what your players do well and what they don't do well … and putting them in positions to succeed.  Manusky puts Norman in Man most of the time or often enough and Norman looks pretty unexceptional in that role.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brokenstriker said:

Norman excels (in a relative sense) in zone coverage.  Man is his weakness.  Good example of knowing what your players do well and what they don't do well … and putting them in positions to succeed.  Manusky puts Norman in Man most of the time or often enough and Norman looks pretty unexceptional in that role.

I thought Josh Norman was on the smaller size but after seeing him listed at 6'0, weighing 200lbs and willing to tackle if he could make the transition to FS? 

Edited by Redskins Reparations

11 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I thought Josh Norman was on the smaller size but after seeing him listed at 6'0, weighing 200lbs and willing to tackle if he could make the transition to FS? 

I was thinking this too.  He looks more like a safety.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

He's the worst press corner I think I've ever seen. 

In comparison, Dunbar completely smothers that out route.   Like straight up closed for business over there. 

• Like 2

Yeah I mean, I don’t understand why Bruce & Dan can’t figure this out after 20 years. These are actual humans you’re dealing with. It’s not like Norman is a 95 in Madden so he’s just going to be a 95. You need guys that want to win.

When a guy like Norman or Haynesworth or  _______ (fill in with any number of similar stories) comes here on a big contract, it’s not because he wants to win. He’s not coming here because he wants to play for the best coach or for a top organization. He’s coming because he wants a big contract. Once you give him that big contract, he already has what he wants before he ever plays a snap. Don’t be shocked if he’s not the same player once his motivating factor disappears.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

My concern is he has been getting beat deep but I am curious how he would fair with the play in front of him?

True, but honestly with the money he will want I would rather stay with Montae.  At least he holds onto those INTS.

• Like 1

The question is who replaces him? We move Dunny to the #1- Fabian to #2 and then TPC at nickel?

I dont think this makes us better... We'd be better suited to play JNo to his strengths- but thatd take a DC who isnt clueless

• Like 1

Just now, CowboyKillerz said:

The question is who replaces him? We move Dunny to the #1- Fabian to #2 and then TPC at nickel?

I dont think this makes us better... We'd be better suited to play JNo to his strengths- but thatd take a DC who isnt clueless

I agree with the last part but we clearly keep playing man coverages so I think Dunbar at 1, Moreau 2 and Moreland nickle would be better. At least Dunbar could blanket the #1 option and make it a damn challenge. 

6 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

True, but honestly with the money he will want I would rather stay with Montae.  At least he holds onto those INTS.

I believe he has an additional year on his current contract?  I am pretty sure he will be an offseason cut and will sign with another team for vet minimum + incentives.  Watch him turn back into an all-pro with another team.

• Haha 1

He should be moved for whatever draft pick they can get. I could see maybe a 5th. Bruce should be on the phone with Les Snead today.

1 hour ago, DJD2 said:

He should be moved for whatever draft pick they can get. I could see maybe a 5th. Bruce should be on the phone with Les Snead today.

No one wants him because of his contract.

Bench him? Cut him ASAP.  Hes not going to get us too the playoffs, and cutting him lets us roll over cap savings to next year.  Literally no reason to still have him on the team except Brucey boy still thinks he has a super bowl contender.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, volsmet said:

Our #1 corner is Dunbar & our #2 is probably Jimmy... Norman is awful

5ABC0841-6BD5-4109-B7AF-E58CC8ED743C.gif

• Thanks 1

I think its mostly how we use him. He isnt good at jamming the reciever but also playing him like we did Carlos Rodgers, 20 yards off the line of scrimmage isnt the best idea either.  Play him to his strengths and he is a team leader and completes to the best of his abilities.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CowboyKillerz said:

Ideally, Jeff Okudah in the draft. 

22 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Release Norman

I really believe some other team would take a chance on Norman for three reasons:

1). They could justify that he's part of a bad scheme here in DC and that they could put him in better spots to succeed.

2). He was once a top CB in the league and those are tough to find. 

3). Playing on a better team will motivate him to play better.

Definitely see if any team has interest and then deal him before just releasing him. I could see New England scooping him up in a heartbeat...Eagles too. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah I mean, I don’t understand why Bruce & Dan can’t figure this out after 20 years. These are actual humans you’re dealing with. It’s not like Norman is a 95 in Madden so he’s just going to be a 95. You need guys that want to win.

When a guy like Norman or Haynesworth or  _______ (fill in with any number of similar stories) comes here on a big contract, it’s not because he wants to win. He’s not coming here because he wants to play for the best coach or for a top organization. He’s coming because he wants a big contract. Once you give him that big contract, he already has what he wants before he ever plays a snap. Don’t be shocked if he’s not the same player once his motivating factor disappears.

The Madden video game franchise and fantasy leagues are probably the worst thing to happen to the NFL and the Redskins in particular in that regard (yet I personally play both...at nearly 43 years old).

It's bad enough that fanatics-yet-not-experts (i.e. us) are unreasonably loyal to a set of clothing (as opposed to the people wearing it) from an early age, but when fanatics-yet-not-experts with means (i.e. Snyder) turn $200 Mil of real dollars into their own personal fantasy team of actual humans, based on Madden ratings determined by other not-football-experts (programmers and coders), it messes with the ordinary fans' emotions, Big Worm style.

Edited by CTskins