Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fan Revolt Thread

Renegade7

55 minutes ago, Hersh said:

How about "give up and just be a Caps/Nats/Mystics fan"

No need to root for another team, but what do you get out of protesting? (I ask this seriously as an executive coach) What positives does it bring your life? 

I dont want to see government money go to a stadium in DC that will get taken over by 70% to 80% other teams fans every home game.  That money should go to metro, I lived in a section that got shutdown for this entire summer, doubled my commute.

It shouldnt go to someone suing season ticket holders that cant afford their season tickets anymore, he been doing that sense the recession.  I want the shuttle back from metro to the stadium for my dad, eagles stadium is 7 minute walk to subway, Giants stadium is 450 feet, Redskins stadium is over a mile. 

Cowboys stadium has no subway, but they dont have DC winters, I've done that walk and it sucks. When it's hot out of nowhere, too, this is rediculous the Wizards have the metro built into the bottom of their arena.

I've heard a lot of talk about how this affects themselves, this affects me and other people I know and dont know.  

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont want to see government money go to a stadium in DC that will get taken over by 70% to 80% other teams fans every home game.  That money should go to metro, I lived in a section that got shutdown for this entire summer, doubled my commute.

It shouldnt go to someone suing season ticket holders that cant afford their season tickets anymore, he been doing that sense the recession.  I want the shuttle back from metro to the stadium for my dad, eagles stadium is 7 minute walk to subway, Giants stadium is 450 feet, Redskins stadium is over a mile. 

Cowboys stadium has no subway, but they dont have DC winters, I've done that walk and it sucks. When it's hot out of nowhere, too, this is rediculous the Wizards have the metro built into the bottom of their arena.

I've heard a lot of talk about how this affects themselves, this affects me and other people I know and dont know.  

Jack Kent Cooke built that stadium.  And screwing the urban fanbase to jam them for parking fees was a big reason why he built it that way.  Because he was absolutely as terrible a person as Snyder...but he was able to win in an uncapped era, so younger folks give him a pass.

Old guys like me remember what a fruitcake JKC was.

The best revolt at this point is just a complete boycott of merchandise and tickets. To some extent it’s already happening. Merchandise sales must be awful for this team. 

I still think a more concerted shaming effort towards Dan is warranted. He’s been good at hiding behind the failures of Cerrato and Allen. The fan base really needs to look past the usual coaching/front office ****show.

As I've said in other threads, I'm willing to do some website development on some sort of "fire bruce allen" website.  I don't remember if it was you @Renegade7 that owns the domain or if it was someone else, but I'd definitely be down to do the development part of a site in my spare time as long as it's nothing too involved.  However we need someone to come up with a design first.

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

is that best accomplished by targeting Snyder or politicians?

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Jack Kent Cooke built that stadium.  And screwing the urban fanbase to jam them for parking fees was a big reason why he built it that way.  Because he was absolutely as terrible a person as Snyder...but he was able to win in an uncapped era, so younger folks give him a pass.

Old guys like me remember what a fruitcake JKC was.

And our first owner was the last to integrate, which is one the reasons I get for DC cowboys fans.  We cant change the past, we can change the future.  

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

is that best accomplished by targeting Snyder or politicians?

Politicians, but by keeping the attention on how toxic Snyder has become at the same time, it should be more effective.  I plan to reach out to at least my representatives in Vriginia, I do believe it will make a difference seeing a protest at one if the home games and asking if they want that kinda mess in NOVA.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

As I've said in other threads, I'm willing to do some website development on some sort of "fire bruce allen" website.  I don't remember if it was you @Renegade7 that owns the domain or if it was someone else, but I'd definitely be down to do the development part of a site in my spare time as long as it's nothing too involved.  However we need someone to come up with a design first.

I didnt make that site you referencing, but @tibbidoe did make a gmail for internal use and I think that comes with google sites.  I'll reach out before end of the week, i need to further review the cease and desist letter mikebrownsucks.com got from the NFL when they tried this before I can give a better opinion.

http://mikebrownsucks.com/cease.html

If anything I want to keep this simple, I got things going on, too, jus trying to contribute as well while iron is this hot.

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The best revolt at this point is just a complete boycott of merchandise and tickets. To some extent it’s already happening. Merchandise sales must be awful for this team. 

My only concern with fans not going is either fans taking our place and not having the dent in ticket sales it should.  That's why I picked the 12/22 game because how close it is to Christmas, it may be easier to get Giants to stay home with their family and almost hope for nasty weather. 

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I still think a more concerted shaming effort towards Dan is warranted. He’s been good at hiding behind the failures of Cerrato and Allen. The fan base really needs to look past the usual coaching/front office ****show.

Agreed, this is why I think focusing in Allen isnt good enough, time to go for the jugular.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

My only concern with fans not going is either fans taking our place and not having the dent in ticket sales it should.  That's why I picked the 12/22 game because how close it is to Christmas, it may be easier to get Giants to stay home with their family and almost hope for nasty weather. 

That’s why I think a merchandise boycott is even more important. I’m assuming this teams revenue is being driven at this point by opposing team ticket sales and a contingent of die hard fans who keep buying Redskins branded crap. 

The stadium is usually 50-50 at this point now. Ideally it should be 100-0 and every game at FedEx should be an away game for this franchise. 

Ultimately, complete humiliation is the only recourse left against Snyder. Although I think there’s a chance that we are beyond the stage of people actually caring enough to do anything about this crap team. 

I know I would like to enjoy watching and rooting for an NFL team again, being excited for games and all. But why bother when this city has a great baseball and hockey team, and at least the loser basketball franchise has admirable players to root for and seems to be making an honest attempt at changing.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I didnt make that site you referencing, but @tibbidoe did make a gmail for internal use and I think that comes with google sites.  I'll reach out before end of the week, i need to further review the cease and desist letter mikebrownsucks.com got from the NFL when they tried this before I can give a better opinion.

http://mikebrownsucks.com/cease.html

If anything I want to keep this simple, I got things going on, too, jus trying to contribute as well while iron is this hot.

It could even be something as simple as an aggregation of tweets with the hashtag #firebruceallen or something along those lines.  Then maybe have some links and stuff to all of the bad decisions he has had a hand in.  Definitely need a designer to help figure all this stuff out though.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

And our first owner was the last to integrate, which is one the reasons I get for DC cowboys fans.  We cant change the past, we can change the future.  

You can start by not “changing the past” to imply that our terrible stadium was anything other than JKC’s fault.

And as far as changing the future, you’ve chosen a terrible one for yourself regarding your fanhood.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You can start by not “changing the past” to imply that our terrible stadium was anything other than JKC’s fault.

I'm not changing the past, the shuttle stopped under Snyders watch.  And the conditions and price gauging have gotten worse since he took ownership.  You missing the forest for the trees here.

And as far as changing the future, you’ve chosen a terrible one for yourself regarding your fanhood.

I can separate rooting for the team to win from the organization having a direct impact on my life that has nothing to do with football.  This is a business we are talking about.  The metro is in absolute shambles, why in the world should the government be giving this man any money to make another stadium after seeing what he hes doing with the one he already has, inherited or not?

53 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I joined this club a solid 10 years ago.  

The ONLY thing that can be done is to STOP SPENDING MONEY ON THIS TEAM.  I have not spent one dime on anything Redskins related in a decade.  Hell, I boycott Johnny Rockets.  

Need more than this. Go after sponsors of the team. Make doing business with the team toxic. Make it so politicians siding with the redskins on the stadium deal is toxic for their career. 

Stop clicking on articles written about the team. Stop following team beat reporters on twitter. Turn the channel when radio starts talking about it. 

You have to make doing business with the redskins a bad idea. They're already dealing with a dwindling fanbase making it harder for them to find partners. Now make it a detriment. 

If you're going to make a website, have a feature where you can fill out your information to send things to these sponsors about how you're refusing to do business with them. Or at least list the sponsors contact info so people can do it themselves. 

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

How about "give up and just be a Caps/Nats/Mystics fan"

No need to root for another team, but what do you get out of protesting? (I ask this seriously as an executive coach) What positives does it bring your life? 

This is the right answer. Stop going to games, buying jerseys, watching/listening their programming, etc.

Let the team die and either Danny moves the team to Spotsylvania County or Louisville, or he sells the team.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Need more than this. Go after sponsors of the team. Make doing business with the team toxic. Make it so politicians siding with the redskins on the stadium deal is toxic for their career. 

Stop clicking on articles written about the team. Stop following team beat reporters on twitter. Turn the channel when radio starts talking about it. 

You have to make doing business with the redskins a bad idea. They're already dealing with a dwindling fanbase making it harder for them to find partners. Now make it a detriment. 

If you're going to make a website, have a feature where you can fill out your information to send things to these sponsors about how you're refusing to do business with them. Or at least list the sponsors contact info so people can do it themselves. 

I wouldn't go that far.  

I said it before, I'll say it again.  The reporters are primed and ready to go after Bruce and Dan.  Dan has long had a target on his back, Bruce has a big one, too.  Like I said, witness the press conference from last week with the one reporter (not sure who it was) that asked Bruce if he could apologize to the fans.  The press went pretty hard after Bruce during that conference...if we can talk about "sides" here, I believe they're on our side.  

If there's a beat reporter for The Athletic, WaPo or some other outlet, they're going to be the ones to spread a message like Ren is trying to get together to the masses.  A guy like Lake Lewis, JP Finlay or Ben Standig is going to cover a fan protest, walkout, boycott, etc.  Any organized effort should have to be covered by the media if it's loud enough.  Ren should be engaging with them, not ignoring them.

I agree, stop doing business with sponsors of the team, politicians, etc.  

16 hours ago, Springfield said:

Ok, here’s an idea:

Organize a go fund me to buy up all the secondary market tickets for one game.  Leave the stadium empty for the most part.  Bonus points to form some sort of protest for the game.

The negative to this idea is that they still sold the tickets.  Sure it might result in less attendance, but at the end of the day, the tickets were sold, revenue went to the team. 

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I wouldn't go that far.  

I said it before, I'll say it again.  The reporters are primed and ready to go after Bruce and Dan.  Dan has long had a target on his back, Bruce has a big one, too.  Like I said, witness the press conference from last week with the one reporter (not sure who it was) that asked Bruce if he could apologize to the fans.  The press went pretty hard after Bruce during that conference...if we can talk about "sides" here, I believe they're on our side.  

If there's a beat reporter for The Athletic, WaPo or some other outlet, they're going to be the ones to spread a message like Ren is trying to get together to the masses.  A guy like Lake Lewis, JP Finlay or Ben Standig is going to cover a fan protest, walkout, boycott, etc.  Any organized effort should have to be covered by the media if it's loud enough.  Ren should be engaging with them, not ignoring them.

I agree, stop doing business with sponsors of the team, politicians, etc.  

Already got one of them to retweet for us and start following.  Abosutley agree this will not work without at least the local sports media, guys like JP and Brian Mitchell this wont work without them throwing support.  This is why I'm so angry when I see former players defending Snyder because he was nice to them, they need to snap out of it, that was a huge problem Snyder doing that.

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

It could even be something as simple as an aggregation of tweets with the hashtag #firebruceallen or something along those lines.  Then maybe have some links and stuff to all of the bad decisions he has had a hand in.  Definitely need a designer to help figure all this stuff out though.

I like this. Plus, if someone wanted to write an article it could be placed there. No opinions, just the things that have happened and how the moves turned out. One of the times where the truth is just about worse than something being made up. Just making sure to avoid anything (copyright/liable/etc) that could give opportunity for misdirection/distraction by Dan/Bruce.

Archived