Stone Cold

Are we just gonna ignore how terrible tre Quinn is

He really needs to get taller faster and stronger too

Kidding aside Nick Williams is his floor, maybe Cole Beasley is his ceiling.

7 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Well, as the slot receiver is your 10th most important player on offense, I dont think hes effecting us THAT much.

I assume it goes like:

1. QB

2. LT

3. X

4. RT

5. TE

6. RG

7. RB

8. Y

9. C

10. Z

11. LG

On 10/14/2019 at 5:00 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

I mean, his QB's did miss him deep for wide open TD's three times in the Giants game (once Haskins and twice Keenum).  We'd have a different perception if those were caught for TD's.  Can hardly blame him for that.

I agree.  If this underwhelming slot guy was burning people for long TDs, we're not having this conversation.  He did his job and got open, the QB didnt do his.

Mclaurin is the only WR that has transcended our abysmal QB play.  I dont blame the WRs for that though.

Edited by justice98

McLauren has been amazing this year.  let's say he was an average rookie.  they were going into the season with PRich and Quinn as 2 and 3 lol.  What a joke.

FWIW, Quinn's snaps have trended down as the season has progressed.  97%, 80%, 74%, 78%, 77%, 53%.

They fell off the table when Callahan's run heavy philosophy came on last week.  So we might be seeing less of Mr. Quinn going forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

FWIW, Quinn's snaps have trended down as the season has progressed.  97%, 80%, 74%, 78%, 77%, 53%.

They fell off the table when Callahan's run heavy philosophy came on last week.  So we might be seeing less of Mr. Quinn going forward.

To add to this, I noticed that Harmon was in there on that last drive. Not saying much because we couldn't run it out, but we've known that Harmon is a good blocker and a more sought after WR in the draft. Whats interesting is that both were thought to be higher picks in the draft, with Quinn expected to be a 4th or 5th and Harmon expected to be a 2nd or third. I wonder if that was just draft geeks or do the FO and coaches feel that way? 

Whats more interesting to me is that as much love as McLaurin is getting, and as much hate as Quinn is getting in this thread, Harmon is the forgotten guy, He was supposed to be the most talented of the bunch, at least according to draft boards. I remember how many people were upset we drafted McLaurin over Harmon. But I wonder if harmon is going to see more snaps in the coming weeks. 

@Thinking Skins I think the answer is yes... relatively speaking.  Harmon took about 20% of the snaps, and we also ran a lot of 2 TE sets... presumably to get our best blockers on the field.  Richardson dropped down to 56% (season avg is ~80), while Cunningham and Hentges had 32 and 31% respectively and Sprinkle was at 92% against the Fins.  So Harmon might not see the field a bunch, but I expect he’ll at least hover at around 20%.  Would be cool to see him take over the Z spot though, even if it means leaving our priciest receiver on the bench.  

Just now, skinny21 said:

@Thinking Skins I think the answer is yes... relatively speaking.  Harmon took about 20% of the snaps, and we also ran a lot of 2 TE sets... presumably to get our best blockers on the field.  Richardson dropped down to 56% (season avg is ~80), while Cunningham and Hentges had 32 and 31% respectively and Sprinkle was at 92% against the Fins.  So Harmon might not see the field a bunch, but I expect he’ll at least hover at around 20%.  Would be cool to see him take over the Z spot though, even if it means leaving our priciest receiver on the bench.  

This may be the best thing about Cal as coach. I don't care about Richardson (I like Quinn a little more), but if we're trying to plan this team for the future I want guys like harmon and the youth getting time. And I don't want to be repeating about we need the players without giving guys a chance.