Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we just gonna ignore how terrible tre Quinn is

Stone Cold

He’s done pretty much nothing on punt returns other than catch the ball. Which I shouldn’t be complaining about considering the special teams woes we’ve had over the years. But he’s near the bottom of the league in punt returns 

Is there any other WR besides Mclaurin that hasn't been disappointing at this point into the season? That includes TEs. Lets not forget the run game has been complete ass this year as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is. The whole offense is garbage not just Quinn. Mclaurin has bee the only bright spot on this team and that includes the defense. I mean the 1-5 record normally means not to many people are playing that good. Or maybe the offensive and defensive coaching has been the problem. 

My opinion on Quinn is three fold:

(1) This is effectively his rookie season as he was injured for 90% of last year;

(2) He's a late 7th round pick, so I don't expect much; and

(3) The entire Redskins offense stinks.

If Quinn turns into anything, that's a fantastic return for a 7th round pick. There's no reason to think he should be NFL starter quality 8 games into his career. That's not what 7th rounders should be. Before I rush to judgment, however, I'd say that: (1) I'd like to see Quinn get passes from a bona fide NFL starter; and (2) I'd have to acknowledge that guys like Cole Beasley or Julian Edelman or Danny Amendola took a few years themselves to get going in this league. The fact Quinn doesn't wow me so soon is really not indicative of anything (and let's set aside the offseason hype, which is 90% bogus for most players)

I have always thought that Quinn was overrated starting from last year. A lot of the fans thought he could be just as good as Crowder, I still think they're wrong. That said, Quinn isn't terrible. He's James Thrash. He's a JAG. To expect Mr. Irrelevant who missed most of his rookie year with injuries could then just step in and work magic was dumb.

I'm not impressed at all, but I also don't really care. Outside of the tongue-in-cheek, Chuck Norris following we gave him last year, did we really expect much out of him? On a team that is a 2-point conversion away from being winless and has some surprising young depth at WR, I don't think Quinn is even close to the top of the list of issues to worry about. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm not a scout. As a fan, it's pretty hard to tell how bad someone is when they have garbage throwing them the football

Quinn isnt getting help as a receiver, so harder to judge him on that.  He has been useless on special teams, which was one case to let him take Crowders job.  I'm no expert either, but replacing our best receiver left with the last pick in the draft doesnt sound like a solid strategy.  It might of worked, sure, but odds were against just on laws of statistics alone.

Potential doesnt equal production.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Quinn isnt getting help as a receiver, so harder to judge him on that.  He has been useless on special teams, which was one case to let him take Crowders job.  I'm no expert either, but replacing our best receiver left with the last pick in the draft doesnt sound like a solid strategy.  It might of worked, sure, but odds were against just on laws of statistics alone.

Potential doesnt equal production.

I'd also add that a rookie is looking VERY good despite that same trio of QBs throwing him the ball. So, I don't think we can put much of the blame on the QBing. 

I'm good with him. Just trying to find his way (like everybody else besides Scary Terry) in this offense. I believe once Haskins gets fully acclimated to the offense, all these WR will be a threat. I think Quinn will be a solid possession slot guy for years to come. He's savvy, runs good routes and has strong hands. And oh btw, he's got a quite confidence and swag. He'll be alright. I would say he'll be good with Keenum, but I'm just not sold on our current QB situation. We'll see. He looked in the first game.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:51 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

The guy is irrelevant to me.

That's at least several steps above, being "dead to you"

3 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Has he even returned a punt this year? He seems to be mr fair catch everytime I tune in..

the key word there is "catch" though.

catching the FC is actually an improvement over last year's punt returns.

28 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That's at least several steps above, being "dead to you"

Well, he was Mr. Irrelevant.  

28 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

the key word there is "catch" though.

catching the FC is actually an improvement over last year's punt returns.

This is a good point.  Also, he’s 14th in the league in PR avg as of now.  

I think the qbing affects Quinn more than McLaurin in part because he’s working in tighter spaces and is running more option routes.  Requires (I’d guess) more timing and familiarity between the qb and receiver.  Quinn doesn’t have the elite speed to chase down the overthrows either.  

I’m not happy with him, but I’m not down on him either.  He’s got some nice attributes, so I’m willing to be patient with him.  Watching his route make that db in Philly fall down was nice to see though. :)

3 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Well, he was Mr. Irrelevant.  

This is a good point.  Also, he’s 14th in the league in PR avg as of now.  

I think the qbing affects Quinn more than McLaurin in part because he’s working in tighter spaces and is running more option routes.  Requires (I’d guess) more timing and familiarity between the qb and receiver.  Quinn doesn’t have the elite speed to chase down the overthrows either.  

I’m not happy with him, but I’m not down on him either.  He’s got some nice attributes, so I’m willing to be patient with him.  Watching his route make that db in Philly fall down was nice to see though. :)

Also consider this :

Julian Edelman caught 7 passes in his 2nd year

4 passes in his 3rd year.

and 21 passes in his 4th year.

So let's at least let Quinn go thru puberty and grow a beard, before passing final judgment on him.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm no expert either, but replacing our best receiver left with the last pick in the draft doesnt sound like a solid strategy.

😄 lol

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Also consider this :

Julian Edelman caught 7 passes in his 2nd year

4 passes in his 3rd year.

and 21 passes in his 4th year.

So let's at least let Quinn go thru puberty and grow a beard, before passing final judgment on him.

I think Edelman is still on P.E.D.’s.  I could be wrong.  But Patriots aren’t known for their honesty.  Think Trent Murphy pre and post P.E.D.’s if you don’t think they make a difference.

14 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

😄 lol

I think Edelman is still on P.E.D.’s.  I could be wrong.  But Patriots aren’t known for their honesty.  Think Trent Murphy pre and post P.E.D.’s if you don’t think they make a difference.

Oh of course. He shaves his beard on Ellen Degeneres show.

Then weeks later his beard is back to Grizzly Man proportions ?

The only explanation is PED's.

I just hope Quinn gets hold of the same stuff.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, bakedtater1 said:

Should have resigned crowder and p.smith

Not so fast....Steve Sims Jr has skills. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Not so fast....Steve Sims Jr has skills. 

And if we cut Quinn he will get a ring in NE as Tom Brady's next Edelman after Edelman is concussed. It's the circle of life up there. 

Quinn is what he is.  I think a certain someone set an expectation bar a bit too high on him. 

Starting our year we likely had the worst collective WR group in the league.  If we didn't land TMC we may still be the worst. 

SIms is raw and likely cannot be trusted yet to get to his spot, so Quinn remains. I have been beating the drums to get Sims in at PR over Quinn for a few weeks now. Quinn may have the surest hands of all the returners?

Quinn would be well served to bulk up if aspires to be a prototypical waterbug. The position takes a **** ton of abuse and his lack of targets may reflect coaches knowing he needs to survive. He tapped out quick last year which is maybe another reason to take him PR duties.

Who is the original / modern era waterbug anyways - Wes Welker?  Its a tough job.

200.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Archived