Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we just gonna ignore how terrible tre Quinn is

Stone Cold

i dunno, am I even allowed to criticize the thread/comment (there's more rules here than a stripclub).   this thread topic is idiotic.  Even if it were true that Quinn "is terrible" the play of Tre Quinn ranks around 534th on my list of problems with the Redskins.  The Redskins are the Titanic, there is a gigantic gaping hole in the ship, it's going down, and you're in the dining hall of the ship complaining to anyone around you that there's a fly in your soup.  Who gives a flying F about that minor problem that I'm not even sure is as bad as you describe it.  

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Jamison Crowder w/ Sam Darnold: 2 games, 20 catches and 197 yards. We'll be regretting this one, they seem to have a great chemistry and he's going to put up monster stats with Darnold. 

The Gruden family loves Crowder.

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Jamison Crowder w/ Sam Darnold. 2 games, 20 catches and 197 yards. We'll be regretting this one, they seem to have a great chemistry and he's going to put up monster stats with Darnold. 

no they're not.   he was injured plenty in his last 2 years in washington and dropped a number of passes.  the jets are paying him 17 million guaranteed on a 3 yr 28 million contract.  his cap number next year is 10 million.  if the redskins were a better team, he could be a difference maker.  the redskins suck at life.  and if he were here, his talents would be wasted.  that cap number on a slot WR here next year would be a detriment to getting better.

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

I can see why, he might not be a TD machine but those stumpy little legs can cut on a dime. He was pretty good at finding holes in the defense

Imo, The Crowders & Beasely’s are undervalued, but becoming less so. 

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

no they're not.   he was injured plenty in his last 2 years in washington and dropped a number of passes.  the jets are paying him 17 million guaranteed on a 3 yr 28 million contract.  his cap number next year is 10 million.  if the redskins were a better team, he could be a difference maker.  the redskins suck at life.  and if he were here, his talents would be wasted.  that cap number on a slot WR here next year would be a detriment to getting better.

If Quinn was even a below average player I could agree with this, but the difference between Quinn and Crowder is astronomical. We are worse today for not paying him imo. 

I just think the slot position is a playmaking position in today’s nfl.  I’m not sure Quinn is a playmaker at all.  He looks scared of contact so whenever he does get the ball, he immediately runs out of bounds or hits the dirt.  Gimme someone with no fear and some shake please....Simms jr perhaps?

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

If Quinn was even a below average player I could agree with this, but the difference between Quinn and Crowder is astronomical. We are worse today for not paying him imo. 

of course crowder is better than quinn.  but is he better than 6 % of your salary cap better?  This is the LAST thing on the redskins list of problems.  this is the titanic ship again with the hole in it, and you are in the dining hall complaining about the fly in your soup, wishing you had the other waiter.

2 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

2 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

of course crowder is better than quinn.  but is he better than 6 % of your salary cap better?  This is the LAST thing on the redskins list of problems.  this is the titanic ship again with the hole in it, and you are in the dining hall complaining about the fly in your soup, wishing you had the other waiter.

Well sir, schematically, talent at that position would have a tremendous impact on the rest of our offense and it’s ability to score points.  It’s not just the qb. The slot is the quick playmaker...would be for me anyways lol.   

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I get it. But the guy could not stay healthy for us. He is playing well in NY. Lets see how long that lasts.

I wish Jameson the best but the untimely fumbles he had was the reason I soured on him.

I know Redskins fans patience has worn thin but Quinn is very young, plays determined and goes across the middle. I think he will be a solid contributor moving forward that the organization shouldn’t have to break the bank for in order to re-sign.

I don't have an issue with him. 

He's had some up's and downs and generally very poor qb play. 

Crower was a pretty talented player but we wouldnt have done anything with him. I remember him looking really good then having an off year and a bunch of injuries that took him out of the spotlight. No need to overpay him, I'll take mr. Irrelevant and a dirt cheap contract. Bigger fish to fry elsewhere. 

Archived