• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      The home team fans are at home, these games no longer matter, and it’s probably better for the team to lose than it is to win.  It must be December in Washington.  Welcome to week 15!

Redskins Inactive: 
      Colt McCoy  
      Trey Quinn 
      Quinton Dunbar  
      Josh Harvey-Clemons  
      Ross Pierschbacher  
      Brandon Scherff  
      Caleb Wilson  

Eagles Inactive: 
      Nate Sudfeld  
      Nelson Agholor 
      Jordan Howard  
      Shareef Miller 
      Lane Johnson  
      Sua Opeta  
      Derek Barnet

There are two camps for Redskins fans at this time of year.  Those that want to tank and those that want to win.  If this describes you, I want you to know something important. You’re wrong.  You should probably feel bad about it too, but that’s your business.  The right way to go about this, is simply to embrace the double think.  

Before and after the game it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that losing has its advantages.  It does and it is undeniable.  Afterall we could be talking about the difference between Chase Young being in a Redskins uniform, or not.  What we need for that to happen is simple.  Redskins lose out.  Giants beat the Dolphins and Redskins.  Dolphins beat the Bengals.  All of these things are perfectly reasonable outcomes.  We’re that close to having an elite pass rusher.   

Before that happens, we have a game to play.  It is in this moment that we should embrace the other side of our demented double think.  While the game is being played, especially against a division opponent, fans should want their team to do well.  Assuming they have a soul and any decency.  There is just no way that I can root for the Eagles to beat the Redskins during a game.  If you are the type of fan that does this, I hope you find someone that can fix what has broken inside of you.   

Pregame Prediction:  Redskins 23 – Eagles 30  
      More interesting game we are missing because we are still watching the Redskins:  Packers – Bears  
      Things I am snacking on:  Brownie.   
      Number of colons used:  Six.  (so far)  

Check back for updates.  I’m going to wander around the room for a while and stretch my legs to get away from a certain well-known ESPN Eagle fan’s boring conversations that my ear phones aren’t blocking out entirely.
Sign in to follow this  
TK

Press Release: #REDSKINS TO HONOR CHRIS SAMUELS WITH INDUCTION INTO TEAM’S RING OF FAME ON OCTOBER 20TH

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

October 14, 2019

REDSKINS TO HONOR CHRIS SAMUELS WITH INDUCTION INTO TEAM’S RING OF FAME ON OCTOBER 20TH

ASHBURN, Va. – Former Redskins tackle Chris Samuels will be inducted into the Ring of Fame on Oct. 20 when the Redskins face the San Francisco 49ers at FedexField. He will be the 51st member of the Ring of Fame and will join London Fletcher as the two Redskins to be honored in 2019.  

Chris Samuels was selected by the Redskins with the No. 3 overall pick in 2000 NFL Draft. He went on to play all 10 seasons of his career in Washington. Samuels started at left tackle in all 141 regular season games in which he appeared in as a Redskin and also started in the three postseason contests that the Redskins appeared in during his tenure with the team.

During his 10 year career with the Redskins, Samuels was widely regarded as one of the game’s premier left tackles. He was selected to six Pro Bowls in 10 seasons and his six Pro Bowl appearances as a Redskin ranks sixth most in franchise history, trailing only Chris Hanburger, Charley Taylor, Darrell Green, Ken Houston and Trent Williams. Samuels four consecutive Pro Bowl selections from 2005-08 are tied for the fifth longest streak in franchise history, trailing only Ken Houston, Trent Williams, Len Hauss and Chris Hanburger. In his rookie season with the Redskins in 2000, he was selected to the PFWA All-Rookie Team.

“When Mr. Snyder called me and told me that I was getting inducted into the Ring of Fame, I was excited because there were so many great Redskins before me – guys like Darrell Green, John Riggins and all of those guys,” said Samuels. “Just to be among those guys right now and in that position is just truly great. It is an honor and a blessing. I love the Redskins organization and the fans and it is just a great deal for me to be inducted in.”

More information about the Ring of Fame and its 50 current members can be found online by accessing https://www.redskins.com/news/history-ring-of-fame-table.

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

That's Chris Samlues to you, Bruce. 

I clicked on the link in TK's post and noticed that Bubba Tyer is listed as Bubba "Tyler." Great quality control!

But congrats to Chris. Well deserving of the Ring. 

10 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

That's Chris Samlues to you, Bruce. 

I came in here to **** post. Looks like you got that covered for me

Glad Samuels got in but why is Charley Taylor not in this Ring of Fame?  Jerry Smith and Bobby Mitchell are in and they played with Taylor.

He was also a receivers coach for the Skins.   Did he do something to upset Skins Management??

7 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Glad Samuels got in but why is Charley Taylor not in this Ring of Fame?  Jerry Smith and Bobby Mitchell are in and they played with Taylor.

He was also a receivers coach for the Skins.   Did he do something to upset Skins Management??

I see Charley on there