Hooper

YOUNG SHANNY IS COMING, AND IT AIN'T GONNA BE PRETTY

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

now it's full mood, as well as mode ?

edited

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some classics off the top of my head (paraphrasing some of these):

 

Signing Kurt will not be that hard.

Trent will play for us. 

They have phones in Hawaii

Full mode

The culture is damn good

A travesty of fairness (how he characterized the cap penalty)

Wins and losses is the most important statistic when it comes to an equipment manager, a team president, a quarterback, a running back, a guard or a coach.

I'm sure some of our fans put their tickets on the secondary market and made some money on it. 

 

OK, why did I start this again? Started this laughing. Now crying in fetal position.

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 9:28 PM, Vanguard said:

I could never root for my team to lose.

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was there this much love for Kyle when he was here?  I seem to remember a lot of game day threads complaining up a storm about his playcalling.  In fact I remember a few posts saying shanny can go and he can take his genius son with him or something to that effect. Just interesting that's all. 

  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

Was there this much love for Kyle when he was here?  I seem to remember a lot of game day threads complaining up a storm about his playcalling.  In fact I remember a few posts saying shanny can go and he can take his genius son with him or something to that effect. Just interesting that's all. 

 

The issue I remember having with Kyle was more situational.  Calling a fade to Moss the shortest WR on the team in the endzone.  Calling a sweep on your own goal line.  Or with Atlanta only running the ball what, 5-6 times in the 2nd half when you had a 3 score lead in the SB?  It's easy right now because he's got a dominating defense that can close out games.  But we'll see if he's learned from past mistakes.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

Was there this much love for Kyle when he was here?  I seem to remember a lot of game day threads complaining up a storm about his playcalling.  In fact I remember a few posts saying shanny can go and he can take his genius son with him or something to that effect. Just interesting that's all. 

 

tenor (3).gif

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many ex Redskins coaches have left and have become successful, it speaks volumes about this team and the culture thats been

created by this owner and his cronies! When will they learn they have no clue on how to win on the field!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

Was there this much love for Kyle when he was here?  

 

The day he got rid of Colt Brennan and traded for that bum QB from Ravens is the day I started hatting him. The Cult of Colt thread was killed by him. I still hate him for that. 

 

 

Edited by zskins
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

Was there this much love for Kyle when he was here?  I seem to remember a lot of game day threads complaining up a storm about his playcalling.

 

Fans of a team ran by buffoons reminiscing about the days where there were some competent people in the building.

 

It's not as if he'd be winning here right now. He'd still top out at 10-6 one and done.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

We just got your former WR Ryan Grant. Is he pretty good? 

Jay loved him some Ryan Grant. He was a JAG Imo , His greatest ability was to do the bare minimum and still take up a roster spot . Of course he may end up league MVP being that he’s not here anymore lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

We just got your former WR Ryan Grant. Is he pretty good? 

 

He was the Samaje Perine of wide receivers...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, drowland said:

 

The issue I remember having with Kyle was more situational.  Calling a fade to Moss the shortest WR on the team in the endzone.  Calling a sweep on your own goal line.  Or with Atlanta only running the ball what, 5-6 times in the 2nd half when you had a 3 score lead in the SB?  It's easy right now because he's got a dominating defense that can close out games.  But we'll see if he's learned from past mistakes.  

That's kind of what I remembered.  I also remember him trying to sell all of us on John Beck at QB and how Kyle was a big fan of his.  He complained about his time here and its understandable with him and his father being fired.  I just look at it like there was a lot of blame to go around and it was certainly shared.  I dont think Roy Helu was a Snyder or Allen draft pick and I'm not defending either of them(snyderallen) but the Shanahans were not the second coming when they were here and they most certainly were part of the issue. Now he has success somewhere else and he acts like he did such great things here we all should have been so lucky to have him.  I'll bet Falcons fans dont feel that way. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

Now he has success somewhere else and he acts like he did such great things here we all should have been so lucky to have him.  I'll bet Falcons fans dont feel that way. 

Dude was successful both before and after here.  I’ve also never heard or seen him ‘act’ like he did such great things here.

 

And I’m sure the Falcons fans are really enjoying their crap offense since he left.  When he was there, they went to the freaking Super Bowl.

 

Kyle is not perfect for sure, but to act as if this dude wasn’t successful both before and after he was here is BS.  Straight up BS, it’s not even debatable.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was obvious to me while he was here that Kyle was going to be a GREAT coach. I felt he was our strongest long term asset while he was here. Obviously, once Mike and Dan went belly up, nobody would realistically expect him to stay. That was a bummer because watching his offenses was a treat. We had all kinds of roster and matchup issues when we started being a joke again with the Shannys, post RG3.

 

I will say that McVay had Kirk cookin in the red zone, an area Mike didn't fare well but it was really for only that one playoff year because the next year a remember a regression there.

 

However, I never forgot how great of a scheme he had that allowed Grossman, Roy Helu, Evan Royster  JABAR GAFFNEY and the corpse of Donte Stallworth to play and post stats they really had no business having lol.

 

I do think it's weird how so many people seem to want Shanny to come in and blow us out here at home. I can understand preferring us to lose for draft position and further humiliation but how can anyone that's been invested emotionally in this team for years want ONE of the "ones that got away" to come in and destroy us?

 

Does not compute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BurgundyMalaise said:

I do think it's weird how so many people seem to want Shanny to come in and blow us out here at home. I can understand preferring us to lose for draft position and further humiliation but how can anyone that's been invested emotionally in this team for years want ONE of the "ones that got away" to come in and destroy us?

Rather simple, really.  Most of us despise Dan and Bruce and really have no power to make them feel the same level of disgust.  So we look to guys like Kyle, Kirk, whomever, to make them feel as bad as they make us feel.  Hurt people, hurt people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dude was successful both before and after here.  I’ve also never heard or seen him ‘act’ like he did such great things here.

 

And I’m sure the Falcons fans are really enjoying their crap offense since he left.  When he was there, they went to the freaking Super Bowl.

 

Kyle is not perfect for sure, but to act as if this dude wasn’t successful both before and after he was here is BS.  Straight up BS, it’s not even debatable.  

Not saying he wasn't successful or isnt.  I'm saying people on here are acting like he was great as a Redskins OC.  When he was here I dont think that was the case because a lot of people were wanting him gone.

 

Maybe I read into his press conference but it just felt like he was acting as though we made a great mistake by letting him go.  Maybe we did, but when he was here there weren't many calling for him to be our head coach in 2014.

Edited by CaptainChaos47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

Was there this much love for Kyle when he was here?  I seem to remember a lot of game day threads complaining up a storm about his playcalling.  In fact I remember a few posts saying shanny can go and he can take his genius son with him or something to that effect. Just interesting that's all. 

 

There's a reason for that.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kyle-shanahan-staff-inexperience-at-core-of-redskins-dysfunction/

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/30/the-10-worst-moments-of-the-shanahan-era/

 

For whatever reason, it's a very popular thing around here to completely absolve the Shanahans of everything they did while here, despite Mike having full autonomy (he was the one who recommended the hiring of Bruce Allen to Snyder before he was even officially hired..... 

 

(It was no secret that Snyder had been planning to replace Zorn with Shanahan for months, and Shanahan's comments supported that notion. He said he and Snyder talked "throughout the year like we have over the last 10 years," and he all but lobbied Snyder on Allen's behalf for the GM job last offseason.

 

"I said, 'Hey, this guy, I can't believe, is on the street,'" Shanahan said. "And so, when you get a guy like that, you say, 'Hey, let's gobble him up.'"

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4801852)

 

 

It was a nepotistic, croney hellscape, and just on football failure alone, they deserved to get ****canned, nevermind the bull**** they brought here.

 

I dont harbor any ill will, but I'm not about to pretend dude is some tragic hero either, just because I loathe Snyder.That would require me to believe a mountain of bull****

 

 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

There's s reason for that.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kyle-shanahan-staff-inexperience-at-core-of-redskins-dysfunction/

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/30/the-10-worst-moments-of-the-shanahan-era/

 

For whatever reason, it's a very popular thing around here to completely absolve the Shanahans of everything they did while here, despite Mike having full autonomy (he was the one who recommended the hiring of Bruce Allen to Snyder before he was even officially hired..... 

 

(It was no secret that Snyder had been planning to replace Zorn with Shanahan for months, and Shanahan's comments supported that notion. He said he and Snyder talked "throughout the year like we have over the last 10 years," and he all but lobbied Snyder on Allen's behalf for the GM job last offseason.

 

"I said, 'Hey, this guy, I can't believe, is on the street,'" Shanahan said. "And so, when you get a guy like that, you say, 'Hey, let's gobble him up.'"

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4801852)

 

 

It was a nepotistic, croney hellscape, and just on football failure alone, they deserved to get ****canned, nevermind th he bull**** they brought here.

 

I dont harbor any ill will, but I'm not about to pretend dude is some tragic hero either, just because I loathe Snyder.That would require me to believe a mountain of bull****

 

 

Yes..thank you.  That's exactly what I was trying to get at.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

Not saying he wasn't successful or isnt.  I'm saying people on here are acting like he was great as a Redskins OC.  When he was here I dont think that was the case because a lot of people were wanting him gone.

 

Maybe I read into his press conference but it just felt like he was acting as though we made a great mistake by letting him go.  Maybe we did, but when he was here there weren't many calling for him to be our head coach in 2014.

Skins fans always pin the lame at the feet of the head coach, play callers and quarterback, in varying order.  So I would take what most Skins fans say in gameday threads and the like with a grain of salt.  There is also a lot of revisionist history here about McVay as well, let some of these folks tell it and they knew all along he was great when many comments say otherwise.

27 minutes ago, CaptainChaos47 said:

Yes..thank you.  That's exactly what I was trying to get at.  

Typically much of the ill-will with the Shanahans still comes from being broken hearted about RG3.  How they ruined him and yadda yadda.  They won’t admit it now but that resentment is still there for whatever that’s worth.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Skins fans always pin the lame at the feet of the head coach, play callers and quarterback, in varying order.  So I would take what most Skins fans say in gameday threads and the like with a grain of salt.  There is also a lot of revisionist history here about McVay as well, let some of these folks tell it and they knew all along he was great when many comments say otherwise.

Typically much of the ill-will with the Shanahans still comes from being broken hearted about RG3.  How they ruined him and yadda yadda.  They won’t admit it now but that resentment is still there for whatever that’s worth.

 

Or it could just, you know, be that, he and his boy were just not gonna cut it, long before Griffin got here :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

Or it could just, you know, be that, he and his boy were just not gonna cut it, long before Griffin got here :)

I don't love everything about either of them, but if I had to save 2 of 4 people out of a burning building, and those 4 people were Mike, Kyle, Dan and Bruce.  Dan and Bruce are toast.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't love everything about either of them, but if I had to save 2 of 4 people out of a burning building, and those 4 people were Mike, Kyle, Dan and Bruce.  Dan and Bruce are toast.

 

"Welp, fellas, looks like a total loss"

 

*Walks away, lighting a cig as the entire building collapses,  killing everyone inside*

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.