Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

TK

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Judging him on 7 days work would be a totally foolish thing to do.

This is gonna take time and hopefully will be built on day-on-day, game-on-game. You’re changing a whole incompetent mentality.

Hail. 

I'm not judging him on 7 days of work with that comment, I just don't think anything he accomplishes in these next 10 weeks matters in the long term, he has no shot at all of keeping the HC job. That's totally separate from my opinion on whether he would do well with it or not, I just don't think it matters in the big picture. 

I can see your point of view that with all the young talent we have on this team, having a steward of the team who spends the rest of the season showing them how to do things the right way could have a positive impact. 

5 minutes ago, respectgibbs said:

First game I can remember this actively rooting against my own team. I've felt sick watching those two TDs. The thought of the Skins winning this game, and Bruce Allen cracking  open a Coors Light and thinking he's justified in making Gruden scapegoat is sickening. I also felt sick watching the defensive celebration after that interception (nobody cares, you suck. where were you 5 weeks ago?)

I WISH we were the dolphins right now. At least they're looking to the future. This entire game makes me sick.

Preach it brother.

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think Keenum doesn't really have the arm to fit in tight windows so he doesn't test them often. He seems terrified of that congestion in the middle of the field

You know what, then they need to give Haskins a shot.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like that the entire game plan seems to be "just gove it to AP" and see what happens and if it stops throw at Terry. 

It's working this week but I'm skeptical it will match up well with anyone else.

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

You know what, then they need to give Haskins a shot.

When he shows a mastery of the offense in the huddle and in calling protections at the line, put him out there to figure it out. Until then, there's no point in putting him out there to get blindsided and killed because fans were impatient. 

1 minute ago, Fred Jones said:

Grudes just abandoned the run.  Now, they want to run and run and run.

Well, against the Fins that is easy.  Next week against the Niners, that will be the test.  When they can't run and the opposing offense can score points, lets see what happens.

Right. You can't run AP into the ground in the second half when you're down by 26 points. 

Just now, emoore0222 said:

Team is playing much better.  Not sure if we have the talent to beat the 49ers but Coach Callahan hasn't done a bad job. 

I'm sure he's done a fine job given the time he's had.

We're also playing a historically bad team all-around. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm not judging him on 7 days of work with that comment, I just don't think anything he accomplishes in these next 10 weeks matters in the long term, he has no shot at all of keeping the HC job. That's totally separate from my opinion on whether he would do well with it or not, I just don't think it matters in the big picture. 

I can see your point of view that with all the young talent we have on this team, having a steward of the team who spends the rest of the season showing them how to do things the right way could have a positive impact. 

That’s EXACTLY why it matters.

It matters if it sets the standard for the young guys going forward and changes the culture here on the playing side. 

Its fundamental foundations for the next guy to build on if there’s a change.

Get the good habits and work ethic instilled in them now. 

And if if we can win games along the way and aid with their confidence in so doing all the better.

Hail.

Archived