Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

TK

1 hour ago, owa said:

HTTR!  Very happy for the win!  Closer than I expected but a win none-the-less.  Hope the whiners rooting for us to lose drown in their sorrows. :)  Today is a happy day!

Must be nice to live so completely in the present. 

5 hours ago, xxprodigyxx said:

Meh...I don't know about that.  Do you not remember the Ricky Williams haul?  We didn't have much to show for it.  Obviously, getting the chance to have a massive draft haul is great, but my faith is not high that we can make anything of it right now.  I agree with the other posters that getting anywhere in the top 5 will still likely yield us some good trade down opportunities.

The team basically traded Ricky Williams for Champ Bailey and the #2 pick in the draft next year (LaVar Arrington). That's not bad

11 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Lol.  What gives you that idea?

Pokes had key players injured, 2 starting tackles and 2 starting receivers. Let's see how they do vs the cheatriots. One home win vs the Pokes doesn't make them better than us so far. I might be wrong, but we will see.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:30 PM, goskins10 said:

Make believe? LOL It's is you and others with this tanking thing that are in lala land!  🙂  Why put Fitz in? Why not go down with Rosen?  They already said he was their guy. Could easily tell people they were letting him learn. And it's much easier to push an EP wide than go through all the theatrics of a botched 2 pt conversion. 

Some of you are too funny!  Thanks for the chuckle!  

They didn't even care to throw the ball in the end zone on their 2pt conversion, never saw such a pathetic call + the dropsie !.

A screen pass with 3 defensive players who just saw what was coming, and ultimately Drake not making any effort to secure the ball :rofl89:

Going for the xtra point would have given them a chance to win of course. Anyways, enjoy Lalaland ;)

"Fitzpatrick gave them that spark. But that wasn’t enough to make him the starter. Rosen will keep starting, and the Dolphins, most likely, will keep losing."

The Dolphins' awful 2-point conversion attempt is proof that they're tanking

2 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

I am still amazed by that play call. Even if he didn't drop the ball, he wasn't going anywhere. Miami could have kicked the XP and sent it to OT but they that. Wow. I mean, my God, even when you're tanking you're at least supposed to pretend you're trying to win.

I was surprised by the decision to go for it too. Then again, this team's 3rd and 4th down defense was terrible. I am less suspicious of the call. The Dolphins must have executed at least a dozen screens of various sorts yesterday. It seems to be their go to play. It may honestly have been the play they were most comfortable with and thought gave them the best chance.

20 hours ago, Ghedrick said:

Sweat has been solid on run defense and I feel the push rush will come.Holcomb is solid Moreland as well.Haskins we will see. Bryce love will have chance.So can't say I agree with you.

i dont know how anybody can applaud Sweat for anything.  He's been a complete and utter non factor.  Let me tell you something: guys who can rush the passer?  They dont need years to prove they can.  think of any difference making pass rusher - any one of them - they were showing signs of their impact the moment they walked onto an NFL field.  This guy has only proven some of the scouting reports on his lack of pass rush skills true - he brings NOTHING as a pass rusher.  He has NO spin move, NO (effective) swim move), he cant set a tackle up by faking outside and going in or vice versa.....he has two moves:  bull rush and the run-around-the-left-tackle routine.  The same two ineffective moves that described Brian Orakpo's entire career.  Washington DESPERATELY needs a pass rusher who's impact would be greater than Orakpo ever had.  I'm calling it now: Sweat will be a bust.

Archived