TK

Game Day Thread - Skins at Fins Someone’s Gotta Win

I was expecting more from the offense - but no after two series.  I am also expecting the skins to win today.

lmfao, both of these defenses are feeding off the crappy offenses

Color me colorless. I was expecting explosions and pyrotechnic malfunctions, this game just straight up sucks. *pokes teams with stick* Come on guys, do something dumb.

10 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Well, we are going to run the ball today against the worst run defense in the league.  Not a good start.

We can commit to the run but since we have the same ****ty OL ...

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

Lol this team can't move the ball against the worst team in the NFL. 

Sad

I'd be hard pressed to identify which of the two teams is the worst though at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carex said:

how do you actually scheme for that though.  You can direct where you attack, but you can't control how the OL shifts for those attacks

2 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

what offensive scheme has the center block the edge? thought that was so odd 

Straight man to man protection. With two tackles occupying the guards and two ends occupying the tackles and no back in protection the center has to scan for immediate threat and go and pick it up. If you know from scouting that they like that protection against a specific front you can exploit it.

The offense can change to a slide protection, but they wouldn’t have anyone protecting backside there, either, with no back in. Could always whiskey the backside guard, but it’s the same premise. 

• Like 1

Everyone wants O'Connell to be Kyle or McVay, and who knows maybe he is another keeper of an O-coordinator, but we can't make it happen just by hoping.  The former two emerged behind the scenes without a real spotlight on them or pressure to be "the next big thing" it just happen organically, not to mention Kyle having the built in pedigree to begin with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

That or he needs to stop making whatever that face is.

I'd call it the slackjawed yokel. A lateral move from Gruden's "derpy and constipated".

Glad Landon was there to clean it up, but Ryan would have 50 sacks a year if he didnt over-run 40 of them

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Imagine watching it in 85 degree heat and crazy humidity

That sounds like a "Fear Factor" challenge. Pretty cruel.

• Haha 1

Got off the field on 3rd and 19.  Crazy. If only the Skins could play the Dolphins every week we would have a top 20 defense. 

I'm getting really irritated with the defense playing well. This Dolphins team is historically bad and actively trying to lose this game and we're out here acting like we're good.