Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

6 hours ago, Veretax said:

I really don't know why everyone is so excited about an early first round pick.  Is there a single player even worth the top 5 in this draft yet? I mean someone like Sean Taylor, or what Peterson was for so long with the VIkes?

Plus we likely trade it away, and pick up 'value players' we brag about all off season, but can't keep up on the field.

It's not the picks, its the person doing the picking.

Yes. Chase Young looks like the next Lawrence Taylor.

7 hours ago, Veretax said:

I really don't know why everyone is so excited about an early first round pick.  Is there a single player even worth the top 5 in this draft yet? I mean someone like Sean Taylor, or what Peterson was for so long with the VIkes?

Plus we likely trade it away, and pick up 'value players' we brag about all off season, but can't keep up on the field.

I think it's the one and only thing they do well, pick players in the draft.  Kyle Smith is arguably the only guy who is above average in that FO.  

Yeah Chase to me would be someone like Sean Taylor.   As a prospect, he's the best defender I can recall coming out of college in eons, that includes Sean RIP. 

18 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Obviously yes.

But Cards got a FO and HC change last year so if that happens to us, who knows?

Yes, in that case the new guy should get to chose whoever he wants, and if its a QB so be it.

I just honestly think the Redskins could let Bruce Allen pick another QB with the 1st rounder, two years in a row, and not bat an eye or even think of how absurd that is.  I know the rule, you know the rule, but do they?

19 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The worst team in the NFL by a mile is picking 4th. We can't even tank properly because this dumbass team is actually trying to win games to save face. (This is a post about management, not the players)

Come on man. It's that "damn good" culture. 

53 minutes ago, slinky said:

Does Any Dalton starting again improve the Bengals chances of winning a couple of games? Browns (2x), Dolphins, and Jets? And if we are targeting the #2 raft spot, we wouldn't want the Bengals to beat the Dolphins.

I'd say yes, he is definitely at least a slight upgrade over Finley.  Aj green may come back too.  The question is, as with the dolphins before and now others as the season wears in, is how bad do the franchises actually want to win?  I am still convinced the dolphins went for 2 with that absurd play call bc they didn't really want the win, but they can't just come out, roll over and play dead.  

You would think the dolphins benching Rosen and Bengals benching Finley for vets means they are trying to win, but in a draft that the top picks could be absolute studs, you have to wonder.

I have a bad feeling we beat the Giants for that very reason.  I think they are smarter than we are, and will embrace the tank when it counts.

3 hours ago, slinky said:

Does Any Dalton starting again improve the Bengals chances of winning a couple of games? Browns (2x), Dolphins, and Jets? And if we are targeting the #2 raft spot, we wouldn't want the Bengals to beat the Dolphins.

Any Dalton? Probably not, but Andy Dalton might. Though I'm not sure we can all fit on a raft.

p.s. check the "d" button on your computer.

4 hours ago, slinky said:

And if we are targeting the #2 raft spot, we wouldn't want the Bengals to beat the Dolphins.

Dolphins are REAL close to us in regards SoS. Bengals' is way higher. It's not a given, but it is a real possibility that given a similar record, the Redskins could end up higher than both of them.

Andrew Thomas... Man that doesn't seem like a good trade-off for this awful season we're enduring. He's not as sure-fire as Young, Young is about as perfect as a prospect can come. Thomas just seems good but not dominant to me, so I'm really hoping we lose out the rest of the season while Haskins improves weekly. 

On 11/25/2019 at 12:09 AM, Veretax said:

Yes there is and that player is Chase Young 

13 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Draft Chase Young so Danny can use his 3-4 fetish to nullify him and make him a LB... 🤣

I don't believe the things people come up with

You do realize that Snyder owned the team for around a decade before the switch to the 3-4.  And that the first few years he was the team owner we had Bruce Smith who spent most of his career as one of the best 3-4 ends ever.  And who know Arrington might have been better off in a position to freelance more in that scheme

18 minutes ago, carex said:

I don't believe the things people come up with

You do realize that Snyder owned the team for around a decade before the switch to the 3-4.  And that the first few years he was the team owner we had Bruce Smith who spent most of his career as one of the best 3-4 ends ever.  And who know Arrington might have been better off in a position to freelance more in that scheme

I don't typically defend Dan 😀 but this is true.  The guy with the fetish for the 3-4 was Shanny.   Jay when he got here also said he preferred a 3-4. 

you know what, I'm going to make a bold prediction.  No one needs to worry about us picking second or third or fourth.  We are going to pick first as the only two win team in the league.

We will lose out

The Giants will beat us for their third win

The Dolphins will beat the Giants for their third win

The Bengals will go on a tear winning three of five, beating the Jets, the Dolphins and in the season finale to cap a disappointing season for them, the Browns

34 minutes ago, carex said:

you know what, I'm going to make a bold prediction.  No one needs to worry about us picking second or third or fourth.  We are going to pick first as the only two win team in the league.

We will lose out

The Giants will beat us for their third win

The Dolphins will beat the Giants for their third win

The Bengals will go on a tear winning three of five, beating the Jets, the Dolphins and in the season finale to cap a disappointing season for them, the Browns

You forgot that we trade back to 2 and draft Young while picking up a 2nd.

Archived